AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 and Bluetooth on Sale IN STOCK!

I ordered the AVIC-Z1, ND-BT1 (Bluetooth Wireless Adapter), CD-IB100II (iPod Interface Adapter), GEX-P920XM (XM Digital Satellite Tuner) and 6 year warranty on May 31st and everything but the iPod connector arrived this morning! I'm pumped!

6th Avenue gets a big thumbsup from me! :D
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get the warranty - its a waste of money. I called 6ave again today and Roberto was gone for the afternoon. I got this really rude guy on the phone and he was no help at all. He just said they're completely out of stock - he didn't even feel like answering my questions.
I bit the bullet and ordered from 6ave.com. I have been calling for like 2 days trying to get a hold of Roberto to no avail.

I ended up talking to Frantz and got just as good a deal. Everything is on back order before you ask. I dont care I'm not in a hurry. I am more concerned with getting a good price. I dont care about opinions on warrantys either. I'm one of those people with bad luck and almost always end up needing them.

They are offering the AVIC-Z1 INCLUDING the 5 year Extended RepairTech warranty for $1699. (thats basically the Z1 for $1499 and $200 for the warranty. The warranty is 5 years after the 1 yr from pioneer is over).

I also got the Ipod Adapter for $50 & the Bluetooth Adapter for $115.

[b]My question to anyone who has ordered from them already and gotten the [u]Ipod Adapter[/u] exactly which one have you gotten???[/b]

His computer says [b]CD-IB100[/b] and not [b]CD-IB100II[/b]. The [b]II[/b] being the newer version. He said that he has sold quite a few of them and not gotten any complaints. I assume that they are getting the latest one and just didn't update the info in their system. Either way I can send it back if its the old version anyway. The CD-IB100 is white and the CD-IB100II is black.
I called in to 6ave today and was told that the pricing on the AVIC Z1 will change next week as they get a new shipment in (they're out of stock now). They'll be dropping the price back to $1500, instead of the $1700 they're charging now.

In my opinion, the extended warranty is just money down the drain, especially since its offered by a 3rd-party company and not Pioneer. I've dealt with these before and most times, these companies end up charging you extra when you really do need to fix what you bought.
To be honest with you, it doesn't matter which ipod adaptor you get. They are both identical except for the cable and the connector. Apple asked them to change to the new connector, but both operate exactly the same. I would just be sure you aren't paying more that $50 for either of them because Pioneer dropped retail price to that

[quote name="hellmaster"]I bit the bullet and ordered from 6ave.com. I have been calling for like 2 days trying to get a hold of Roberto to no avail.

I ended up talking to Frantz and got just as good a deal. Everything is on back order before you ask. I dont care I'm not in a hurry. I am more concerned with getting a good price. I dont care about opinions on warrantys either. I'm one of those people with bad luck and almost always end up needing them.

They are offering the AVIC-Z1 INCLUDING the 5 year Extended RepairTech warranty for $1699. (thats basically the Z1 for $1499 and $200 for the warranty. The warranty is 5 years after the 1 yr from pioneer is over).

I also got the Ipod Adapter for $50 & the Bluetooth Adapter for $115.

[b]My question to anyone who has ordered from them already and gotten the [u]Ipod Adapter[/u] exactly which one have you gotten???[/b]

His computer says [b]CD-IB100[/b] and not [b]CD-IB100II[/b]. The [b]II[/b] being the newer version. He said that he has sold quite a few of them and not gotten any complaints. I assume that they are getting the latest one and just didn't update the info in their system. Either way I can send it back if its the old version anyway. The CD-IB100 is white and the CD-IB100II is black.[/quote]
The newer connector is supposed to be a more reliable connection. Unfortunately its a little bigger, which can make running the wire a pain, but nothing too bad

[quote name="hellmaster"]whtcrxghst, thanks for the info. What is the difference with the connectors?
We have the video ipod.[/quote]
Guest, neither. I'm not pissed off or ripped off. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not pushing my opinion on anyone becuase I couldnt really care if anyone accepts or rejects it. Why do you keep pushing the issue?

Are you just a ball buster or an instigater? :evil: Either way I dont care what you think about it. Isn't America the best, we can agree to disagree. Keep posting about it if you want, it does not bother me. :roll:
[quote name="hellmaster"]Guest, neither. I'm not pissed off or ripped off. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not pushing my opinion on anyone becuase I couldnt really care if anyone accepts or rejects it. Why do you keep pushing the issue?

Are you just a ball buster or an instigater? :evil: Either way I dont care what you think about it. Isn't America the best, we can agree to disagree. Keep posting about it if you want, it does not bother me. :roll:[/quote]

Just giving you my 2 cents. We're all welcome to opinions, right?

Enjoy your Z1, its a cool toy.