AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 and Bluetooth on Sale IN STOCK!

[quote name="jbell73"]SCREW 6AVE!

I understand they don't know why they don't have them, but others have them in stock, why not them?[/quote]

The answer to your question is because 6AVE sells the products at a lower price than most, so obviously there stock will go quickly (hence you, me and many others trying to purchase from them). While I understand your frustration, you still have to be reasonable and understand that they want your money just as bad as the other vendors do but they can not control when Pioneer will get more product to them. After all, they are not the only vendor that is out of stock.

I do agree that their communication to their customers' about the situation could be a lot better. Poor customer service can kill a company and hopefully they will corect this before it gets worse.
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to order from 6ave.com but im not sure about their service and their customer service reps telling people they have inventory when they actually dont.
IN QUESTION:
( Is 6ave.com a good place to get a good product for a good price with good service)

One interesting SIDE NOTE:
i just saw an ad for the ACURA MDX, it has a ZAGAT guide which feeds of the GPS location and gives you options as far as were to eat, so a GPS based ZAGAT guide,

PRETTY SHAZZZY>....
Yeah I've been seeing the Zagat feature on a few new GPS systems, I think the Alpine Nav system has it as well, (not the blackbird of course but the $1700 NVE-N872A). I still prefer the Z1's GPS system.

As far as 6th. Ave. it really depends, I had pretty good service but not others. I placed my order wed. and it shipped out thurs. Depends on if they have stock or not, they might lie and say they have it. In my case they prepared me by saying it might be 7-10 days because of backorders however I was surprised by next day shipment. I also negotiated $22K worth of plasmas/lcds (for my parents house) with the tv sales manager, and then was sent to the car audio dept. That said I didn't get any better deal than other avic411 members, which is a good thing, lets me know their margin is their margin for everyone. Anyway the two depts. operate seperately. I would say call them and feel them out. Good luck and make sure you talk to Roberto.
I just bought the Ipod Adapter CD-IB100ii at Circuit City. Tell them you want the internet price: $44.99. They tried to charge me $49.99 but they changed it as soon as I asked. They do not have the Bluetooth adapter and 6Ave.com is still waiting for them. I cancelled the Ipod adpater from 6Ave but I am still waiting for the Bluetooth to come in. Unless I find it locally.

Just thought I would give a heads up about the Ipod Adapter.
I haven't seen the extended warranty that everyone is buying so I am not 100% sure on this, but with it being a 3rd party insurer, they may require professional installation, and proof of it to warranty your Z1 if it does break.

I have had experience with a couple of these 3rd party insurance companies and they will find every last excuse to get out of repairing the problem. For example, I recently took a 6 month old laptop to a very large, national electronics chain. I purchased the extra warranty from them, so they said bring it in to us and we will fix it. I took it to them and after a few days they called me and said they can't fix it under warranty. They wanted $700 to fix it. The thing is, it was a warranty issue, a guy in their own store admitted many of the same make of laptops had the exact same problem, in fact I told him the problem and he told me the brand of laptop! Needless to say I told them to shove it up their asses and I will take my $10,000 a year electronics habit business somewhere else. With it being under manufacturers warranty, I decided to take it to an authorized repair center, sure enough, they fixed it under warranty and no cost. I didn't mention any thing about my previous issue with the other retailer, I didn't want any sympathy. So buyer beware, yes these warranties are a scam. Don't believe a salesman when they say they fix anything short of obvious neglect/abuse. They don't and it's kind of difficult for you to force them to do it. Can it be done? Yes, if you have the time and money to fight them legally, but for most people that buy the warranty, they don't have the money to replace something this expensive, so the warranty is very enticing.

That's just my $0.02
Just bought my ND-BT1 from Circuit City...

They matched Pioneers 120 price, I also got an emailed coupon for 10% off ... BANG $105 done deal.

I also bought myself the iPod adapter even though I don't have an iPod.. what the hell, $40 for that... Grand total including tax $155

Yeah baby!
[quote name="Ashokrts"]Yeah I've been seeing the Zagat feature on a few new GPS systems, I think the Alpine Nav system has it as well, (not the blackbird of course but the $1700 NVE-N872A). I still prefer the Z1's GPS system.

As far as 6th. Ave. it really depends, I had pretty good service but not others. I placed my order wed. and it shipped out thurs. Depends on if they have stock or not, they might lie and say they have it. In my case they prepared me by saying it might be 7-10 days because of backorders however I was surprised by next day shipment. I also negotiated $22K worth of plasmas/lcds (for my parents house) with the tv sales manager, and then was sent to the car audio dept. That said I didn't get any better deal than other avic411 members, which is a good thing, lets me know their margin is their margin for everyone. Anyway the two depts. operate seperately. I would say call them and feel them out. Good luck and make sure you talk to Roberto.[/quote]

Thanks for the Input ASHORKRTS, whats your take on the ALPINE unit
Guest Ashok
This thing is GREAT!!, Some things I miss about the alpine D100 such as no boot time, faster ipod interface, (although I like the Z1 ipod display much better), but mainly picture quality (the Z1 is a bit more pixelated than the D100). Overall though, the voice command, GPS, EQ settings, hardware control and visual screens, I could go on...are just amazing compared to the feature set on the alpine. (I didn't try the alpine nav. system though just the headunit). Still waiting for bluetooth though,

BTW installing this in 02' 330ci which is made for a single din is a pain in the ass. I'm still trying to figure out how to center the unit. I wish I still had my double din 95' Mr2 turbo (Japanese cars = easy install).
Anyway GET the Z1 (of course now I'm a little biased)
Guest Ashok
Well if it is the Alpine blackbird, I haven't used it but, what I have used is very similar (magellan roadmate 800). Nice portable unit but it freezes up, and has a few other drawbacks. For the cost of an alpine headunit say $900-$1000 plus the $700 gps plus the $200 docking station you are spending more than the Z1 for a less sophisticated GPS system. However if having a portable unit that you can take out of the car is important than you might still want to consider it. The more expensive Alpine Nav, I'm sure works great (like the Z1 but with Zagat and a few other trivial features) but you pay for it too. $1500 just for nav. then add the cost of a $900-$1000 headunit and a higher cost/time for install. Good luck!
true, so ill be lookin at around 3k to get it up and running, I think the z1 is more cost effective.

i guess i can use the zagat guide on my cellphone and still use the gps to input the address into, so i guess its a good trade off, plus i could use the zagat guide in other places and not be limited to my car, and trust me with the gas prices, and the premium gas i have to use, i would rather have someone else drive and i can tell them where to go, hahaha
Excuse me if this has been mentioned in thread although I did not see it.

If you use a American Express card or most Mastercards to purchase, they usually double the Manufactorers warranty. If you read the credit card detail sheet, you will see the policy on it.
Thats a good point, 2 years is better than 1. But not as good as 6 years and with a high ticket item like the Z1 I would want more than a year or 2.
Has anyone here ever taken advantage of the double warranty with theit credit card company. I can imagine the red tape you would have to go through.