AVIC411.com

Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a new pin and put it on, or go to a car audio shop and see if they have an extra similar Pioneer harness and use one of the wires from it

First of all, I'm not sure exactly when I'll have a chance to fix it, but my mute wire appears to be in rough shape and is not popping into place. Is it possible to put another connector on it, or what should I do?? Thanks.

Dan

First of all, I'm not sure exactly when I'll have a chance to fix it, but my mute wire appears to be in rough shape and is not popping into place. Is it possible to put another connector on it, or what should I do?? Thanks.

Dan

Dan, you can use any of the unconnected wires as long as it's out of the whte connector blocks... "Remote Turn on" rings a bell as a spare I never used

• 2 weeks later...
to ground the Parking brake and Cell Mute wires, can this go into any ground? There seems to be lots of different grounds.

Im looking at tapping into PIN5 of the Connector 2. That seems to be ground too. Is this the correct method?

Ground should be ground...I took both the Parking Brake and the Cell Mute to the ground in the factory harness. When I first hooked it up (before I had the proper RCA #2 harness) I took my grounds right to a bolt that I put through a piece of metal behind the dash, that worked as well.

My Z1 shipped without the #2 harness, so once I finally got it, I went back in and cleaned everything up, and that's when I sent all ground wires to one common ground (the factory harness ground). Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I tried to reconnect the mute wire in the #2 connector harness and broke the harness near the #1 pin on the plastic. Anyone have a spare they want to let go of for someone in a pinch. Not looking for any freebies (unless you just want to let one go) but don't want to go overboard either with Pioneer parts dept.

HELP !

Brian

I tried to reconnect the mute wire in the #2 connector harness and broke the harness near the #1 pin on the plastic. Anyone have a spare they want to let go of for someone in a pinch. Not looking for any freebies (unless you just want to let one go) but don't want to go overboard either with Pioneer parts dept.

HELP !

Brian

Brian,

You can get the #2 harness off e-bay for $34 instead of going through Pioneer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

I just updated my instruction page. Please feel free to read this and let me know if I could make something more "clear" or easier to understand.

This is officially my first post on this msg board... Hello everyone. I do not as of yet own a AvIC Z1... but i am looking to do so in the next few months... Just came here for info.. I just printed out the above link. Thanks for the info. One question- Does doing this bypass void warentee on the radio?

I just updated my instruction page. Please feel free to read this and let me know if I could make something more "clear" or easier to understand.

This is officially my first post on this msg board... Hello everyone. I do not as of yet own a AvIC Z1... but i am looking to do so in the next few months... Just came here for info.. I just printed out the above link. Thanks for the info. One question- Does doing this bypass void warentee on the radio?

• 3 weeks later...

u know whats funny was that yesterday i did the bluetooth update....then i went to ground the line.....lol i grounded the tel/mute line and i was like wtf!??!!? and then i realized it wasnt the right connector....lol back to the rip apart phase of it! ok but the one thing i want to know is how different is the z3 interface from the z1? or is it just navigation differences? im thinking of doing the drive upgrade but if its nothing big i dont even care for it......the one thing i would like is upping the space on the drive. i have a few laptop drives that are over 100 gigs would they work?

not if you put the wire bak to its original slot before sending it in :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I just received my Z2 and am attempting to do the bypass. I bought my z2 used, it seems a bit different than the harness depicted on the bypass instructions. The instructions say that the last four slots on harness 2 should be empty.

On my (used) harness there is a black and yellow wire coming out of the second pin from the right on the top row. Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks!

post-22030-12872755509449_thumb.jpg