AVIC411.com

ok i got my hd to read now what?

Guest jake

[url=http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=50864]http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=50864[/url]

liquid audio winamp at3 plugin.

update...just tryed it on xp sp2.

when going under plugins in winamp and hitting configure to get a passport it just crashes my pc hard and restarts it. tried few more times, same thing. so much for that.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this does sound very promising. To me it seems that very soon someone will crack this and find out how to upload. That will let us change the startup screen, upload mp3s and even video probobly. the codecs might be a problem but maybe the format will be teh key. I can hardly wait. lol kep diggin guys.
Wow, a whole page of comments while I ate lunch. lol

If anybody (or their children) have a psp try to use one of the files.

I was putting my money on music that was protected in some way so when the HDD's were eventually opened Pioneer wouldn't have to fight with the RIAA about music piracy. If they do their part to lock the music to the unit then they are doing their part.

[quote name="gerard143"]http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=50864

liquid audio winamp at3 plugin.

update...just tryed it on xp sp2.

when going under plugins in winamp and hitting configure to get a passport it just crashes my pc hard and restarts it. tried few more times, same thing. so much for that.[/quote]

Gerard, here is the first comment from the Winamp site on the plugin:
"I install this plug-in and without uses them, PACE (that comes with this plugin)crashes my windows xp sp2. Don´t install it!!."

I guess it's not just yours. heh
i just had a thought. if we can ulock the drive and find a way to upload files and make partitions. i see no reason why we couldnt upload an os and tehn make screensavers. How cool would that be to have your favorite starscreen or fishtank screensaver in your dash... im very excited.. i may not be able to sleep tonight lol
[quote name="silveradojeff"]i just had a thought. if we can ulock the drive and find a way to upload files and make partitions. i see no reason why we couldnt upload an os and tehn make screensavers. How cool would that be to have your favorite starscreen or fishtank screensaver in your dash... im very excited.. i may not be able to sleep tonight lol[/quote]

Screen saver - you said it now it's your job. Good luck. :lol:

I was thinking we could change the support formats within the Z1 so it would support MP3 instead.
[quote name="gerard143"]ya i installed it earlier. renamed to aa3 and still wouldnt play it. idk[/quote]

Please share failures too so we don't waste our efforts.

Just to offset the failure I'll share a success.

Ghosted all 4 partitions to a larger HDD. Increased map partition by 10 gig, the 2 small partitions by 2.4gig and the music partition from 10 gig to 30 gig. I then disabled the ATA HDD lock and installed it in my Z1. I got FM, map and music library. I then pulled the drive back out and reconnected it to the PC and still had access to the drive.

First couple of problems solved.
Original Drive accessed
Partitions enlarged for more music storage - Drive was replaced with 80 gig unit.
All data from the original drive was backed up to the replacement drive.
Drive lock disabled on 80 gig unit

I now have a successful BACKUP of my navigation system HDD. This was something I wanted to have from the start as I feared using a HDD in a sports car from day 1 and didn't want to fork out the $500 I heard it cost for a replacement. I'm not excited about the drive I used as a replacement since the original Toshiba drive used by Pioneer was built with automotive in mind and is supposed to be more tollerant to shock.

Now the music format needs to be understood as well as the cataloging system if we want to add more music.
Pulp Fiction, Great Job! You are going to be very popular around here with all this work you are doing. I (and I'm sure everyone else) is very appreciative of your hard work. If you don't mind me asking, how do you disable the ability to lock the new drive? Do you need a special drive? Or is it some software? Just curious. I'm trying to keep up with all this while not spending too much time. Gotta keep my nose to the soldering iron making circuits.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Pulp Fiction, Great Job! You are going to be very popular around here with all this work you are doing. I (and I'm sure everyone else) is very appreciative of your hard work. If you don't mind me asking, how do you disable the ability to lock the new drive? Do you need a special drive? Or is it some software? Just curious. I'm trying to keep up with all this while not spending too much time. Gotta keep my nose to the soldering iron making circuits.[/quote]

TYVM, I was annoyed that Pioneer locked my personal laptop HDD when I stuck it in the Z1 just to see what would happen. Ended up spending my whole day on this. Now I get to work all night to make up for it. LOL

Disable drive lock: From my reading (Google) it would seem that activating the freeze is the same as disabling the drive lock. Rather than put my faith in this I found another program that does all kinds of stuff to HDD's. Disclaimer: if you use the following program and make a mistake you will F-up your HDD. I did not yet try it on my original HDD but I don't see why it wouldn't work on it too. The drive I used it on was an 80 gig Hitachi.
The program is called MHDD and is available here: [url]http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/[/url]
The function you want to use is config and then Y to change settings and then keep all defaults in the [] except change security to N. Then reboot, reload the same drive and try to set an easy password (4 digit minimum) using the pwd command. It SHOULD fail if you did the previous step correct and your drive has the proper implementation of the ATA standard.

Ducati, I would have picked up one of your circuits but I was one of the early ones that installed a TR7. If I find a use for the TR7 elsewhere I'll get one of your circuits so I can restore the full function of the illumination line (well, not restore but use it for the first time.). My dash illumination runs off of ground not positive so it's hot all the time and I'm too lazy to run the line elsewhere to get the correct signal (GM vehicle). Haven't hooked up the speed circuit or mounted the microphone either come to think of it. Jeeze, I am a lazy fcuk. lool. Pioneers pissing me off made me work harder than the benefit of enjoying a feature or two. haha. I know it was probably an unintentional side effect of their design to be able to replace drives easily but never the less it motivated me.

FYI: There are claims that the above software may also be able to unlock some drives. I didn't try it as I already had mine unlocked.

Best way I can see is to unlock and protect the drive before you ever power it up. Good luck telling anybody about that before its too late.....