AVIC411.com

ok i got my hd to read now what?

Guest jake

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sony's SonicStage software that supplied with minidiscs can convert multiple MP3s into ATRAC files, however resulting files will be with .omg extension. I can try to play Z1's AT3 file in SonicStage to see if they are compatible...
[quote name="ducatiboy"]I wonder if you could creat a program to do it all automatically. I would think that you could create a directory of MP3's on your hard drive, and then point a program at that directory and then have it creat and/or convert all the MP3's to what it needs to and then creat new directries on the drive for you. It might not be that tough to write a program to do that. Maybe that will be my next project. :)[/quote]

If we can get to that point I'd say lets take 1 step further and find a way to write a program that will auto execute and copy all the converted files onto the Z1 HDD from a CD/DVD. Maybe thats just a dreamer idea but if we could do that then it would open the door for less tech savy to copy their music.

Anyway just an idea oh and great work you are all doing btw.
Guest Jake
Wow this topic exploded! Great work Pulp! ive also been trying to play the at3 files and have had no luck, ive tried to burn them on a disk to see if the unit would play them but no luck, were getting so close now, only a matter of time now.
jake
i considered the eclipse avn4595 before i decided to go with teh z1. I just noticed the avn has no access to teh hard drive. Its teh same hard drive im sure, 30 gig with 10 gig for ripping. but they do have a memory stick slot where they can upload mp3 directly.. once we get the hd figred out they will be sad :)
Time for more updates.

The AT3 files do not play in much of anything. Putting an MP3 on the drive doesn't get recognized and even upsets the Z1 a little on the previous song - it must be looking ahead or something

You can get the codec here: [url]http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Sony_ATRAC3_Audio_Codec.htm[/url]

I tried running some of the files in a Windows CE5.0 emulator and it didn't recognize them as Win CE programs. In Windows XP they are seen as "not valid Win32 applications". Probably the processor used in the Z1 but I hoped for a better error message.

I've searched the drive for system files and found nothing but data and a couple of applications. The OS must be loaded in the Z1's flash memory. Now finding a way to get at that will be a real challenge. I don't want to remove and take apart my Z1 (until I break it of course). This said the few application files may be the key to getting another application to load. I will delete one of them and see how the Z1 reacts to it being gone. From what I've found the Z1 makes a lot of backup copies of files and these may be just copies, not live apps.
Application names:
av.exe
download.exe
hmimanager.exe
navi.exe
voice.exe
vrtest.exe
testdisc.exe
a bunch of dll's in the directories with them.

Download.exe is what I thought would be the app to copy the CD's to the Z1 but it's just a wild guess. Putting the file in an editor doesn't tell much.
English stuff in Download.exe:
This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
Bcds2c+C
MENU\EUNSDownload.rff USB\TargetDataRaku\SDATA\PRG0\APL\MENU\EUNSDownload.rff %s CARD\TargetDataRaku\SDATA\PRG0\APL\MENU\EUNSDownload.rff U S B \ T a r g e t D a t a R a k u \ S D A T A \ P R G 0 \ A P L \ M E N U C A R D \ T a r g e t D a t a R a k u \ S D A T A \ P R G 0 \ A P L \ M E N U \
UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateUnappropriate UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateStartInstall UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateSkipRetry UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateRetry UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateRequestNextDisc UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateProgress UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateDiscEject UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateDiscCheck UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateAbortRetry UIN_WIN_RnwFsUpdateAbort
This is a test for message text. Hello
Count Output Action at Data Full Data Clearness at Startup Flushing Cache Cache Function at File Output Output Destination Immediate Output Point Info Digital TV Info TMC Info ANY Browser Info Data Update Info State Watcher Info PC Link Info Telephone Info Navi Studio NSWIN Navi Studio NSCTL Navi Studio NSCC Navi Studio NSRPS Navi Studio NSLRQ Navi Studio NSLRD Navi Studio NSLBD Navi Studio NSLAM Navi Studio NSEVM Navi Studio NSEVT Screen Info Operation Info Error Info File Info Memory Usage Display Memory Usage Info Memory Block Info Memory Info Renewal Info Data Server Info Server Access Info APL System Info APL Management Info Voice Play Info Voice Info COM(RAS) Info Agent Info UI Info HMI Management Info MSV Info AV Info Highway Info VICS Info Search Info Guide Info Path Info Map Info Location Info Log Function
AdjustUrl(under) AdjustUrl(over) https:// http://

There are a lot of function names in the file. Too many to list.

The reference to a path with "card" in it and the http:// both make me think there is something to using this download.exe file to update the unit and not "download" the files to the unit.

I don't dissassemble code, this is just viewing the file with an editor. I don't even know what language this was compiled from

I'm starting to think the music files might be mildly encrypted or the format tweeked when they are being ripped. Something I've tried should have at least recognized the format.
Two ways I'm thinking we can go:
First might be to see if we can utilize the converter within the Z1 but on our PC's and rip the stuff out of the car at least. This way a script could be written to convert the MP3's to Wav and then to AT3. I hate doing that to the quality but for most of us we are doing that now anyway when we create CD's from our mp3's and then load them in the Z1

Second will be seeing if we can load a different player onto the unit that supports MP3, WMA, Etc.

I'm still waiting to read a reply from the person with the PSP and if that worked?

Piberoptik: I don't want to get into the business of creating HDD's. There are copyright issues if I send stuff out. Making a backup is within our legal rights. I'll tell you everything you need to know to do it but I want to keep this legal so we don't end up with threatening letters coming to the board host (I've had that happen twice on other issues - once the board host moved his site offline the other time we all got censored and the board died).

On the bike debate. Have you seen the new king yet? ZX14 - 200hp - 9 second 1/4 mile stock!
[quote name="BigFloppy"]OK, who can read Japanese???

[url=http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://pioneer.jp/car/navistudio/]http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... avistudio/[/url][/quote]

My guess:
[url]http://pioneer.jp/press/release166.html[/url]
wow would u look at the graphics on that.

The new models employ VGA monitors capable of displaying high-resolution images and making details such as roads, text data, and logo marks easier to view. Three- dimensional map modes, such as Solid City Map and Sky City Map, display the shapes and external appearance of buildings with a greater sense of reality on the map screen.

The AVIC-VH009MD, AVIC-VH009, and AVIC-ZH009 are equipped with a [b]5.1 multi-channel processor [/b]for playback of multi-channel programs such as DVD-Videos and the MPEG-2 A
Also, up to six candidate routes are displayed with the information of the travel distance, normal travel time, travel time reflecting congestion forecasts, and costs on a single screen.

[b]wow can the avic-z1 tell you the cost of gas on your route?

how long has the avic-z1 been out?[/b]

[b]does the avic-z1 support 5.1 audio?[/b]

wonder if i should wait
[quote name="Pulp_Fiction"]My guess:
[url]http://pioneer.jp/press/release166.html[/url][/quote]

YUP (that route display looks awfully similar to our screen doesn't it, ok, we don;t have the high-risers displayed BUT... and did you read the specs... ATRAC format music

[quote]The Bain Unit, comprising the car computer unit and a built-in 40-GB hard disk as the central section of the navigation system, can be removed from the system's main unit and used at home by installing in the "Living Kit". ATRAC-format*9 music tracks purchased via a PC from music distribution service sites such as "Mora" or "Yahoo! Music Download" can be transmitted to the Brain Unit, using the Justsystem's digital audio software "BeatJam*10". It is also possible to purchase music tracks from "Any Music" via the internet and download them directly to the Brain Unit without using a PC. The user can enjoy the music tracks stored in the Brain Unit both at home and in the car.
[/quote]
[quote name="BigFloppy"]So the HUGE question is... who is going to be the first person to take their Avic apart...?[/quote]

Uhh, I already did that when I was installing it in the car. LOL I was trying to find a way to bypass the motion (switch or something) before we had the flash the ILL line method.

I couldn't find the pictures this morning but I can tell you it is one packed in SOB. I only pulled the rear cover off and poked around, tried to pull off the top and bottom but there were too many gears and things I didn't want to put back together.
wow can the avic-z1 tell you the cost of gas on your route?
[b]Not mine and I have the traffic nav. That's a Japan feature I think for now.[/b]

how long has the avic-z1 been out?
[b]Only a few months.[/b]

wonder if i should wait.
[b]Sure, and when you decide to get it there will be something better that just came out and you can wait for it instead. Two ways to go. Get something old that is tested or something new that is more cutting edge but MAY not work perfect.[/b]