AVIC411.com

Post up your Z1 PET PEVES (firmware hope for the future)

I sent an email to Pioneer with my suggestions on how to improve the Z1, here is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us.

Proposals or suggestions for product improvements should be submitted in writing to the following address:

PIONEER ELECTRONICS SERVICE
2265 E 220TH ST
LONG BEACH CA 90801
ATTN: MOBILE NAVIGATION

Thank You,

Clark
Customer Service Representative

Does someone besides myself want to draft a form letter listing everything in this post so we can all send to Pioneer?

Not that they will listen...

-EdinAthens
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m willing to mail them a letter. In working with other tech companies and being part of discussion forums I found taking polls in the forum and deciding as group which items are the most important to the group, helped. Coming up with a top 10 list of important issues, seems to be received well, instead of overwhelming list that is not prioritized.

After reading the list and the forum we could even have two top 10 lists. One list of USABILITY ISSUES (items that should have been in the Z1 since day one) and one list of NEW FEATURES wanted.

This has worked so well in the past that the VP of product development started monitoring the forum and answered questions about features.

What do others think of this idea of taking polls to determine what the priorities of the issues are of the Z1?

Thanks,
Andrew

[quote name="EdinAthens"]I sent an email to Pioneer with my suggestions on how to improve the Z1, here is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us.

Proposals or suggestions for product improvements should be submitted in writing to the following address:

PIONEER ELECTRONICS SERVICE
2265 E 220TH ST
LONG BEACH CA 90801
ATTN: MOBILE NAVIGATION
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Andrew54"]I’m willing to mail them a letter. In working with other tech companies and being part of discussion forums I found taking polls in the forum and deciding as group which items are the most important to the group, helped. Coming up with a top 10 list of important issues, seems to be received well, instead of overwhelming list that is not prioritized.

After reading the list and the forum we could even have two top 10 lists. One list of USABILITY ISSUES (items that should have been in the Z1 since day one) and one list of NEW FEATURES wanted.

This has worked so well in the past that the VP of product development started monitoring the forum and answered questions about features.

What do others think of this idea of taking polls to determine what the priorities of the issues are of the Z1?

Thanks,
Andrew
[/quote]

Andrew,

I think you're on the rite track. Submitting 2 seperate lists (Usability issues and New features) would be a good idea. Also, sending them a top 10 list would allow them to focus on what we think is most important. If we could collectively agree by taking a poll, and then everyone (or as many as possible) mail in the form listed items to Pioneer we would stand a better chance of getting some action. One fo the things that i think would be at th etop of the list is more frequent map updates. I think that map updates tice a year would be reasonable.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="tuetran22"]anyone notice that the random track doesn't work when you hit the next track button? it just goes to the next song on the list. you have to let the song finish completely to have it randomly go to the next one. maybe i am doing something wrong?[/quote]

yes, I noticed that too. it drives me crazy. One crappy workaround is to press the P-list button and it will change to the next album or artist.

I wish when you could select just the POI on your route. So if you want to find the next gas station it would tell you the next one on your route and not just within a 10-mile radius or whatever it does.

Also I wish the song title would be displayed when a new one starts while in map mode. (Like it does if you change tracks).

Ability to delete tracks while in Artist Mode.

Display the Album info in Artist Mode. I have no idea why it shows the artist twice in Artist Mode.
One thing I would like to see is the ability to access a keypad after a call has gone though. Helps when you're checking voicemail or when you have to navigate through a telephone tree.

The ability to type and send text messages would be a bonus too.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 Eliminate the nag screen!! Why the heck do we have to click OK every time we get in the dam car!
2 how about an easy way to call your destination?!
3 How about iPod control that works with podcasts!
4 ability to access a keypad after a call has gone though or a shortcut to this.
[quote name="mj662"]1 Eliminate the nag screen!! Why the heck do we have to click OK every time we get in the dam car!.......[/quote]

That will never happen. Why? For the same reason there are warnings not to eat the packets of desicant that come in electronics. People like to sue because they're too damn stupid to think. Anyone remember the lady who sued McDonalds and won because she spilled hot coffee on her lap. She said there was no warning that the coffee was hot on the cup.

Stupid people should not be allowed to procreate.
[quote name="mikek"] [quote name="tuetran22"]anyone notice that the random track doesn't work when you hit the next track button? it just goes to the next song on the list. you have to let the song finish completely to have it randomly go to the next one. maybe i am doing something wrong?[/quote]

yes, I noticed that too. it drives me crazy. One crappy workaround is to press the P-list button and it will change to the next album or artist.

.[/quote]

That's weird, i don't have that problem - when i press next track i get a random song, not the next song in the list...
[quote name="mdyod"] [quote name="mikek"] [quote name="tuetran22"]anyone notice that the random track doesn't work when you hit the next track button? it just goes to the next song on the list. you have to let the song finish completely to have it randomly go to the next one. maybe i am doing something wrong?[/quote]

.[/quote]

That's weird, i don't have that problem - when i press next track i get a random song, not the next song in the list...[/quote]

Is your Z1 updated in any way? You are using the libary, right?
It bothered me so much I called Pioneer and they said it wasn't a problem--all Pioneer head units work that way.

It doesn't make sense to me because if I wanted the next track while in random mode I would just choose the next track and not skip the track.
[quote]
... You are using the libary, right?
It bothered me so much I called Pioneer and they said it wasn't a problem--all Pioneer head units work that way.

It doesn't make sense to me because if I wanted the next track while in random mode I would just choose the next track and not skip the track.[/quote]

I'm so sorry i misunderstood - i was talking about the iPod (and the actual ipod controls the Ramdom function there I bet) Yes my random function dosen't work properly just as you described when using the library - i just don't use it much because then i would have to maintain 2 seperate music libraries (iPod and Avic) also, i don't like having to type in the song/album info if the CD i'm loading isn't on Gracenotes - so i'm going to stick with iPod as my primary music source and hope they add a better scroll and/or QWERTY search function.

Again, i sorry for any confusion -- I'm such an idiot! please don't hurt me!