AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

You can use the cell mute wire(yellow/black). If you are using that for a hands-free you'll have to look around for a pin that will work. I had an old RCA harness from a dropdown screen that used the same pins. I may have some more of these laying around if anyone needs one.

Just be careful when relocating the pin. If you deform it or brake the locking tab the pin will not stay in place.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use the cell mute wire(yellow/black). If you are using that for a hands-free you'll have to look around for a pin that will work. I had an old RCA harness from a dropdown screen that used the same pins. I may have some more of these laying around if anyone needs one.

Just be careful when relocating the pin. If you deform it or brake the locking tab the pin will not stay in place.

Theres a really easy way to avoid breaking anything on your connector at all.... that is to steal the wire from a different wire bundle. Not sure about everyone elses z2, but mine came with 2 connectors. The one im using and another one. I stole the mute wire from the one that is not connected to my z2 and installed it into the one that is currently connected, then I spliced into the light green wire using the splice that pioneer gives you, and grounded just the light green wire.

OMG thank you guys so much i spend all this money on this head unit and was so disapointed since i travel a lot and need to be able to find a place with out pulling off the interstate to do an address search and the dvd open now is a big plus you saved me money from buying some sunvisior monitors. plus didn't really want them up in the open where you know who might see driving down the hiway now i love my z2 followed all your post forever and finaly did the download and 2 wire bypass and its working great who do i donate too is all i want to know lol i love you guys for this so thank you thank you thank you so much

first of all, thank of all u guys, esp. hyper, for finding a solution, I installed a z2 in my porsche and was waiting anxiouly for this moment.

I did the update and the parking brake wire was grounded by the installer, and I understand that I have to pull out the phone mute wire and plug it into connector 2, but what to do with the other end of the wire since Im not too familiar with grounding procedure.. can someone plz explain

btw. this mod is worth donating $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OMG - Method 2 could not have been easier, and thank GOD for a great installer who had already done the wiring for the bypass. I went through the update and it worked superb (though I was biting my nails there while it was in action).

Hurray for bypass! and Hurray for Hyperite! A donation will be coming your way soon!

... but what to do with the other end of the wire since Im not too familiar with grounding procedure.. can someone plz explain

Grounding is basically connecting the other end of the wire to the negative terminal of the battery. Of course there are lots of points in your car that are connected to the negative terminal of the battery. The entire metal shell of the vehicle is all ground.

The easiest thing is to is connect it to the black wire going to the head unit, that's ground (all those points are connected together).

The update took approx. 10 minutes, and unit has full functionality when driving. I did have a little trouble at the beginning of the update turns out I had to turn my parking brake on to hit the "Yes" button which was grayed out with the parking brake off.

Thanks so much for the effort put forward by those individuals.

My paypal confirmation 7C382943UY748991G

You guys and the forum came through again.

Does anyone know the polarity of the cell mute wire? Only asking because would it be possible to hook it up to a open/close window modular, so when you are driving with the windows open and a call comes in, all you have to do is press mute to close the windows? Also just wondering because my alarm has it as an add on feature and was thinking about tapping into it? If this is possible then I would need to use a different wire for the 2nd ground.

Does anyone know the polarity of the cell mute wire? Only asking because would it be possible to hook it up to a open/close window modular, so when you are driving with the windows open and a call comes in, all you have to do is press mute to close the windows? Also just wondering because my alarm has it as an add on feature and was thinking about tapping into it? If this is possible then I would need to use a different wire for the 2nd ground.

I think you might be confused. The cell phone mute is a sense wire, not an output wire. If you use a 3rd party cell phone system it will output a signal which would (if I remember correctly) go high when you are on the phone and the Z1/Z2 will watch this wire and when it sees this wire go from ground to +12, it will mute the stereo. This wire is an input into the Avic which when you give it +12V it will mute the stereo, not that when you are on the phone it will output something that you can take advantage of. Sorry.