AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Ducati im not trying to be an ass but im an mecp certified 1st class installer and have been installing since i was 15 and im 33 now, i know the difference between locked out and not. all my functions work while im driving and the unit is completely bypassed. i did one more reset and now the warning went away. but please dont make me out to be stupid, because it seemed like thats what u guys are trying to say. sorry for the rant and keep up the good work

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed the update and performed the bypass correctly. The unit worked with no problem. I drove around for a little than I parked at my friend's house, shut the truck off but kept the radio playing. When I restarted the truck the Z2 was just stuck on the Pioneer Splash screen for a while. I hit reset and it still remained on the splash screen for a while again. I turned the truck off and back on again and performed a reset and its working again. My question to you guys is will this be something I have to deal with alot of do you think that it was just that one time.

Ducati im not trying to be an ass but im an mecp certified 1st class installer and have been installing since i was 15 and im 33 now, i know the difference between locked out and not. all my functions work while im driving and the unit is completely bypassed. i did one more reset and now the warning went away. but please dont make me out to be stupid, because it seemed like thats what u guys are trying to say. sorry for the rant and keep up the good work

Well, not to be an ass either, but I really don't care about your credentials. And I was not trying to make you out to be stupid. I have had 100's of PM's and emails from people with way more experience than you (or at least claimed as much as you did) who couldn't figure out what's wrong with this bypass or needed help with this bypass. I'm sorry if you didn't like my response, but that was due to a very short and less than descriptive post. Now that I read this one and go back and re-read the last one, I understand what your problem was. I guess I didn't back then.

But don't feel too bad, people with way more experience and more history installing things in cars have more trouble than you do. You are by far not the only one who has issues and needed help to resolve them.

But I have been dealing with trying to help people here for ages and if I was confused with what you posted, then chances are others were too. Sorry you had to try not to be an ass. :)

Just a note to all on the bypass. I had 10 customers with 1st gen z2's and updated all of them successfully I ending up using alcohol 120 to burn image and it woked great. Thanks to all. If anyone cannot get the image done properly or doesnt want to spend the money on an image burner. 10 bucks and i will do one for u and send you a copy.

10 bucks for free softare on a cd that cost maybe 25 bucks for a pack of 100? Thats a rip off.

LoL, Ive got the software and ive got the disc, and ive done my update. I just hope there arent any noobies that see your advertisement and actually pay you 10 bucks for that.

Heres my contribution for anyone that needs it:

30 day trial of Alcohol 120

http://www.download.com/3000-2646_4-10550202.html

Maxel CDRs

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-648210-CDR ... 80&sr=8-15

or, if you're close to a Walmart and dont feel like ordering online

Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5090336

So, as you can see, that 10 bucks can get you your own 10 pack of cds, or 20 bucks at wally world will get you 100. The point is, dont pay this guy 10 bucks for something you can do on your own.

The software was provided FOR FREE by hyperite, burning software is FREE from download.com. Just get a cdr and you're golden. And if you need help with A120 just holler, its extremely simple.

:shock: Wow! Your on a roll. It was just a gesture for the lazies and the noobs. It does cost money to ship a cd in a jewel case. Sorry you took the post the way you did. In addition some people are not as computer savy as yourself. I have read a lot of the posts and have seen some people can not do it. I would have understood your rant if i was asking for 100 bucks but thats not the case. Oh well hope I didnt ruin your day :shock: and by the way...............here is the cost to ship a cd to you in Nebraska from me in Florida.......

Ship From: SARASOTA, 34243, UNITED STATES

Ship To: OMAHA, 68102, UNITED STATES

Shipment Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Total Shipment Weight: 0.5 lbs.

Daily Pickup: No

Drop-off / Pickup: I will drop off my prepaid package(s)

Find Locations

Address Type: Residential

Number of Packages: 1

Modify Shipment Information

View Package Detail

Service Details

UPS Ground-zone6

Guaranteed By: By End of Day

Tuesday August 14, 2007

Package 1

UPS Ground 8.60 USD

Fuel Surcharge 0.39 USD

Charges Per Package 8.99 USD

Shipment Total: 8.99 USD

Thanks to Hyperite. I have successfully put on the new version and the 2 wire bypass is doing great! I had a bit of a problem with the initial software load hanging at 10%. I reset the unit and the load continued to 100%, then it actually put it on the HD with no hiccups.

Paypal trans#: 1J485271BM908001A

Hey guys i just picked up a Z2 unit from a best buy a few days back and its manufactured date is June/07. Well i tried the update to bypass the unit and when i hit "MAP" a message comes on the screen saying that the update has already been installed. Does this mean that this unit already has the bypass update from pioneer? Maybe i'm just doing something wrong. Please help guys. By the way i was just testing the unit i havn't installed it yet.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hey guys i just picked up a Z2 unit from a best buy a few days back and its manufactured date is June/07. Well i tried the update to bypass the unit and when i hit "MAP" a message comes on the screen saying that the update has already been installed. Does this mean that this unit already has the bypass update from pioneer? Maybe i'm just doing something wrong. Please help guys. By the way i was just testing the unit i havn't installed it yet.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Yep, if it says it's already installed, you're good to go.