AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

i did reset and first time parking break warning didnt pop up, but when i was moving it poped up... so is there anythinkg that im missing??

That means that the parking brake sense wire is grounded and the second wire (wire #2 in connector 2 as seen here: http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass ) is NOT grounded. You have to relocate a wire and stick it into that location and then ground it. You either did not do it or you did it incorrectly or the terminal on the end of the wire you relocated is defective. But what you describe is exactly what happens when you don't ground that second wire.

and can u play dvd when bypass??

Yes you can, all functions while moving or not... everything available all the time.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks ducatiboy!!! i will fix it and let u know it worked or not...

one more question... after updateing and when i use bluetooth phone system, people said that it echo's more the befor so is the update change some for the bluetooth stuff or not??? or is there any new update for the bluetooth echo fix??

thanks ducatiboy!!! i will fix it and let u know it worked or not...

one more question... after updateing and when i use bluetooth phone system, people said that it echo's more the befor so is the update change some for the bluetooth stuff or not??? or is there any new update for the bluetooth echo fix??

Here ya go grasshoppa, read and become wise beyond your years!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2450

It doesn't matter when you do the bypass.

Yes, the rear camera will work.

No, you cannot hook up the vehicle dynamics processor

should the 2 wire bypass be done before or after you upgrade the z2? or does it not matter?

once the bypass is done will the rear view camera work?

is it possible to hook up the pioneer vehicle dynamics processor?

thanks

There is no doubt that you have done a lot of work to help us all solve the Z2 bypass problem. I want you to know that it is appreciated. After reading your post, I have some problems doing what you said I should.

Method One

1. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the file. The file is 20 mg. I am having issues with coping to a CD for some reason. That is my problem.

2. I don't understand the hard drive unlock. If there is a command for it I can't find it.

3. The rest, if I get this far should be easy.

4. One thing I noticed in looking at sminntech is that it is for the Z1. Is it also for the Z2?

Method Two

1. I downloaded the 30mg file and burned the CD.

2. I inserted the disk into the drive and pushed MAP, NOTHING HAPPENS.

So I can not go any further. Is there a place to push UPDATE which I can not find.

3. The rest is easy maybe if I get that far.

Maybe you could fill in the missing links for me and others.

Thanks much Mike

There is no doubt that you have done a lot of work to help us all solve the Z2 bypass problem. I want you to know that it is appreciated. After reading your post, I have some problems doing what you said I should.

Method One

1. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the file. The file is 20 mg. I am having issues with coping to a CD for some reason. That is my problem.

2. I don't understand the hard drive unlock. If there is a command for it I can't find it.

3. The rest, if I get this far should be easy.

4. One thing I noticed in looking at sminntech is that it is for the Z1. Is it also for the Z2?

Method Two

1. I downloaded the 30mg file and burned the CD.

2. I inserted the disk into the drive and pushed MAP, NOTHING HAPPENS.

So I can not go any further. Is there a place to push UPDATE which I can not find.

3. The rest is easy maybe if I get that far.

Maybe you could fill in the missing links for me and others.

Thanks much Mike

On method Two I had the same problem what you need to do is first make sure the you burn the download from here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

onto a cd as an Image try roxio they shoud have something there that says burn an Image cd or something like that next when you turn on your z2 wait till it loads press the map button press ok on the disclamer and then insert your cd. That should do the trick.

The vehicle dynamics processor does not work with any Pioneer nav systems...Only screens without nav.

man that sucks, i really wanted to get that. i wonder why it will work with the z1 and not the z2, maybe cuz we did the bypass it will work?

are u sure, i was on pionners website and was looking at the dynamics thing, and the avic z1 was listed as being compatible with it.