AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vehicle dynamics processor does not work with any Pioneer nav systems...Only screens without nav.

man that sucks, i really wanted to get that. i wonder why it will work with the z1 and not the z2, maybe cuz we did the bypass it will work?

are u sure, i was on pionners website and was looking at the dynamics thing, and the avic z1 was listed as being compatible with it.

You sure about that?

Touch Panel Operation

The AVG-VDP1 permits touch panel operation in conjunction with Pioneer touch-screen Audio/Video displays with a 26-Pin RGB Input, including AVH-P6800DVD, AVH-P5700DVD, AVX-P8DVD and AVD-W6210 as well as older Pioneer models such as AVH-P7600DVD, AVH-P7500DVD, AVH-P6600DVD, and AVH-P6500DVD. (Note: Not compatible with Pioneer Navigation Systems, such as AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVIC-N2, AVIC-D2, AVIC-D1 or AVIC-N1)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 26,00.html

Hey, just as a note... I just did an Z2 install for a friend, and the 2 wire ground trick did the job without even doing the software update / patch.... I've tested DVD's / NAV at full acceleration, even playing a DVD with the NAV directing me towards an address (it would flash over for a couple seconds before each turn and notify me, then flip back to the DVD). Drove around for about 5 minutes for the first test, and everything looks AOK (no warning messages, or video problems at all). Thanks guys for the awesome site, and great advice!

I was starting to get really worried about this unit when grounding the parking didn't completely work at first, but now I absolutely love this unit!

I have three questions. Has anyone had a problem with the bypass hurting the gyro? Someone had told me that at a install place. Reading all the posts it seems like that is a false statement. I live in Texas and it gets hot in my truck. This Z2 has been not been coming up until it is cool in the truck and you repower it up. The place who put it in is replacing it because it has been getting worse, but I was just wondering if anyone else had that problem? I just read a post about vehicle dynamics not working. Is that just a Z1 upgrade that it does not work on or do you lose vehicle dynamics with the bypass. Thanks.

The bypass has nothing to do with the gyro, you need to find a more honest installer. It also has nothing to do with Vehicle Dynamics.

There are other threads on here that talk about the heat related issues with Z1/2s

I have three questions. Has anyone had a problem with the bypass hurting the gyro? Someone had told me that at a install place. Reading all the posts it seems like that is a false statement. I live in Texas and it gets hot in my truck. This Z2 has been not been coming up until it is cool in the truck and you repower it up. The place who put it in is replacing it because it has been getting worse, but I was just wondering if anyone else had that problem? I just read a post about vehicle dynamics not working. Is that just a Z1 upgrade that it does not work on or do you lose vehicle dynamics with the bypass. Thanks.

We posted this in troubleshooting forum, but I wasn't sure if we should post here as well. We've had severe issues w/ Pre-July Z2 bypasses where the navigation screens go into a qwazi Demo mode. This was confirmed by a pioneer technical representative to be a GLITCH or a bug in the update software where they were going to release a patch. Has anyone else run into this yet and does anyone else have a work around on it.

It's definately installed 100% correct and has happened to us on 3 seperate installs with 4 seperate units. Please advise if this 'bug' has been corrected on the bypass download?

I did the Update dick on my Z2 and I had the installer do the bypass on it when I had the unit installed.. I'm still get the parking brake error when i leave the switch on now... can someone help me!!

... well, that's one problem :lol:

Here's your answer: The installer didn't do the bypass correctly.

I'll take my car back in and have the installer redo the bypass.. and sorry about the type o ... I'm not really big on doing spell checks!!!

Thanks again

Something you might want to try. Hit the little recessed reset button to the right of Eject. And then drive around again and see if the unit is bypassed. If the parking brake message pops back up again, then the bypass was not performed correctly. If it stays away, then you just needed to get rid of that message.

This is a long shot, cause most likely (from experience seeing what has happened here) the bypass was probably not done correctly. But if it wasn't, and then the message popped up and then they fixed the bypass, that message will come up every time you start the car till you reset it, it's the only way to get rid of that message.

First and foremost thanks to all who figured this out.

My installer said this coulden't be done and a friend of mine found this forum and sent it to me.

I was hesitent on putting software in my new Z2 but I had to do it.

Did it this sun. with the 2 wire bypass and worked 1st time.

I have a question, Is there a way I can get rid of the "driving while watching a dvd bla bla bla" message??