AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

man... no offense to you guys that been re-typing, "check your bypass" over again, but this has to get a little annoying. I got my Z2 last week. Looked at the directions at the begining of the thread. Followed the link for the bypass on how to make a 2 wire ground and wholla! Everything works great. WHY? Because I took the time (an extra 5 mins btw) to make sure the wire was in the harness correctly and they both were grounded correctly.

Make sure everything is secure in the harness and the wires are grounded correctly!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish everyone was as capable of reading instructions like you. The world would be a better place :lol:

man... no offense to you guys that been re-typing, "check your bypass" over again, but this has to get a little annoying. I got my Z2 last week. Looked at the directions at the begining of the thread. Followed the link for the docus on how to make a 2 wire ground and wholla! Everything works great. WHY? Because I took the time (an extra 5 mins btw) to make sure the wire was in the harness correctly and they both were grounded correctly.

Make sure everything is secure in the harness and the wires are grounded correctly!

well i can see where reading through 47 pages of posts can look intimidating to find what you are looking for, and believe me, i did read through most of them just to double check... but everything is laid out in the first post.

I just see a lot of repeat posts that the bypass didnt work when its really the install of the bypass that didnt work or is bad.

Well after 30 miles or so of driving, I am now getting the handbrake nag and the bypass is not working for me now. I do the reset, and it works again, but i'm sure not for long.....and it messes all of my audio settings and radio stations. I went to my installer and he said that there is no place on the Z2 unit harness to install the second wire to be grounded. He said that he would have another look at the post. I am ready to cry......its taking the fun out of my brand new Avalanche. Is it possible that the newer Z2's (bought new this month) is not bypassable?

Well after 30 miles or so of driving, I am now getting the handbrake nag and the bypass is not working for me now.

1) Use your own eyes and CHECK that the Yellow/Black wire is in pin 1 of AV connector 2. For assistance:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8379#88379

and

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

2) Make sure that it's TIGHT. If it's loose, it might not be making contact.

3) make sure that you've applied the bypass update, or the freezing update. Either will work.

Follow those steps and I guarantee it will work. It's worked for hundreds, myself included. There's no reason it shouldn't work for you.

i bypassed a z2 just bought last week. Most installers will not do the bypass because it can hold them liable.

I followed the exact instructions in the first post and everyhting works great. I have drove over 1000 miles since last week (yeah went on a trip) and there are no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this bypass allow me to change the splash screen as well...or does it not 'unlock' the HDD? I am deployed to Iraq (will be heading home in a week) and just purchased the Z2 for my truck.

I have been reading all the threads. And am pretty sure I got the setup memorized by now, just wanted to clarify if this bypass will unlock this function as well. thanks.

Will this bypass allow me to change the splash screen as well...or does it not 'unlock' the HDD? I am deployed to Iraq (will be heading home in a week) and just purchased the Z2 for my truck.

I have been reading all the threads. And am pretty sure I got the setup memorized by now, just wanted to clarify if this bypass will unlock this function as well. thanks.

No, it does not unlock the HDD. It bypasses/unlocks the in-motion lockouts.

But, you can change the splash on the Z2 without having to unlock the HDD. Only catch is it applies a pioneer logo that you can't disable unless you unlock the hdd.

Depends when it was made. June or before--Yes. June--Maybe. July or later--No

Hi ALL-

I'm sure this question has been asked before but....I just recently ordered a new z-2. Will I have to download any software or just do the two wire bypass to view DVD while driving??

Thx--in advance

Smokeydogg