AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After showing my installer more info from this site, he seemed to have it all hooked up properly. He hadn't had the mute wire moved to the empty slot (bottom right of the four). So it worked fine for 2 days, then i was locked (moving and stopped), then working, locked out, working, locked out.......yadda yadda yadda. No more parking break nags, but it just seems to be working intermittently. Reseting the unit does not appear to have any effect when the unit has me locked out. Is it sound like the wire is not seated properly in the connector? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure everything is secure in the harness and the wires are grounded correctly!

Let me add that if anyone else is having problems, if the harness looks good then look at the back of the Head Unit itself. I was having trouble and when I pulled the #2 RCA harness out, I found that pin #1 had actually gotten pushed IN on the back of my HU.

I took some needle nosed pliers and gently pulled it back out to be flush with all the rest. Once I did that, I hooked it all back up and like Sternyy said "wholla"! it all worked :)

Thanks to everyone here that has contributed to this thread and helped us newbies out 8)

I tried to download the second one for the Z-2 and when i put in the cd it said that the update was the old version and that i needed the new version. What should I do?

Doesn't sound like how it was probably worded, but you're fine. 2-wire and you're done.

Yes it matters when your unit was manufactured.

You'll AT LEAST need to do the 2-wire.

If it has freezing problems, you'll need the firmware update (which also contains the bypass if not already installed)

If the bypass software isn't installed (dependent on manufacture date), you'll need to load the ISO.

HTH.

Think you could add some language about this to the orignial post? It would have saved me from reading 30-40 some-what pages to see if the firmware update would effect the 2-wire bypass. Thanks, Lin.

This site rocks... I just had the z2 installed in my 08 silverado, It didnt work at first then i hit the reset and it did work. I did get another brake wire warning, hit the reset and it worked again, hopefully it doesn't come back. If it does I gather from reading the wiring is wrong or loose... does that sound right?If so is the 2 wire bypass the same for z2 as z1, cause all i can find is the one for the z1. :?:

Yes, same for Z1/2. If it keeps coming back, you probably have a wire that has come loose. Just secure it better and you should be good to go

This site rocks... I just had the z2 installed in my 08 silverado, It didnt work at first then i hit the reset and it did work. I did get another brake wire warning, hit the reset and it worked again, hopefully it doesn't come back. If it does I gather from reading the wiring is wrong or loose... does that sound right?If so is the 2 wire bypass the same for z2 as z1, cause all i can find is the one for the z1. :?:

Just so you guys all know. It was the mute wire that was not properly inserted into the empty slot on the harness.....just as suspected by the brains of this site. The unit has been working great and bypassed for 4 days and running now. No software update was necessary as the unit is one of the newer ones. The following instructions made things much much clearer

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... une+bypass

AJ008: I would try checking your connections yourself as per the instructions on this site. And in particular checking the link above.

Thanks again guys, you guys are the preverbial Shit!

I will be making a small donation to show my appreciation.

Hey guys,first off I've read all 48 pages and dayum that's all of stuff to read thru..

Anyway,I have a 2006 Dodge Charger and a Z2 (August 2007) unit and was wondering what/where the hell my speed sensor wire is:or does it even need to be installed? I've also looked on the actual pioneer site and it said I needed the ND-PG 1 which runs for around $250... I've searched on ebay and nothing comes up..I've did a browser search and found similar sellings of this product in different countries..

To get down to the point,does it really matter if this is hooked up or not?I mean I wouldn't mind if the unit could display my speed and all,but really?Does it need to have it?

You don't need the ND-PG1 unless your vehicle doesn't have a VSS wire, which being a 2006, yours assuredly does. Its location isn't something we address here.

Some will say you don't need to connect that wire, and they're partially right...it'll work without it, but it's WAYYY more accurate with it connected.