AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

Here's an idea, buy something other than apple! Quit letting them own the market, otherwise they will continue to do whatever they want.

I love to buy from others but only apple's ipod has the interface so that I can control it from my D3. Show me similar product with similar interface and I will get it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove my car for 2 hours today running errands and the track always updated. Brand new ipod classic 80 gig black with the 1.0.1 firmware update. Guess its fixed now :) I am going to get the new universal dock with video out and just hook it to the rca's on the d3 and use the ipod jack right into the universal dock so I can have ipod and video.

I updated to new firmware and the track is not updated. When I first start the car it plays for about 3 songs with track updated correctly and then stop. If I hit >> to skip to next song, it's worse. It only updates for 10 seconds or so then freeze.

You guys ever think of getting an mac mini? the one with duo core. I'm thinking of doing this with a foldable keyboard bluetooth and trackpad or so...you can watch movies on it, with the map in the d3, and *gasp* special effects and visual update with itunes visual on your d3 screen when playing mp3. :wink: haha...well, that is just my path.

I updated to new firmware and the track is not updated. When I first start the car it plays for about 3 songs with track updated correctly and then stop. If I hit >> to skip to next song, it's worse. It only updates for 10 seconds or so then freeze.

Dunno what to tell you but it works fine for me. I tried with coverflow on and off and still works great. Hope you get it sorted out. :)

You guys ever think of getting an mac mini? the one with duo core. I'm thinking of doing this with a foldable keyboard bluetooth and trackpad or so...you can watch movies on it, with the map in the d3, and *gasp* special effects and visual update with itunes visual on your d3 screen when playing mp3. :wink: haha...well, that is just my path.

If you're going to do that why wouldn't you just tear out the d3 all together, get a lilliput touch screen and set up a carputer? I had a similar setup in my last car (Mazda 3) but it was a pain in the ass overall and I couldn't really get a good fit in my new car (Altima Coupe). However, if I was planning on running a mac mini anyway there's no way I wouldn't want control of the pc through the touchscreen.

If you're going to do that why wouldn't you just tear out the d3 all together, get a lilliput touch screen and set up a carputer? I had a similar setup in my last car (Mazda 3) but it was a pain in the ass overall and I couldn't really get a good fit in my new car (Altima Coupe). However, if I was planning on running a mac mini anyway there's no way I wouldn't want control of the pc through the touchscreen.

That's a hell of a lot cheaper, too.

I hope I find a temporary fix.

The track information will not update if you click video tab or podcast tab and then go back to song playing.

I switch to FM radio on D3, unplug ipod, restart it, then plug it back in and it plays song fine with track information updated. I then click video and then back to music and it stops update track again.

I will be on a 2 hour trip later today and see what happen if I just let it plays without touching anything.

Any ipod before the new 6th gen will work flawlessly with the D3. Video playback works, track info updates, etc. It's just the brand new ones that just came out that have the problems.

And if you're looking to buy one of the older models at a reasonable price, your best bet is probably going to be ebay. Just... be careful who you're buying from.