AVIC411.com

F-series bluetooth compatibility topic

F-series model: 700BT

Phone make/model: Samsung i617 (BlackJackII)

Ease of connection: Perfect

Phonebook transfer: Fine, once I enabled serial port service.

Sound quality: Not bad, has a little static.

Comments: The microphone could be a little more sensitive...I have to speak pretty loudly so some people can hear me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-series model: F900BT

Phone make/model: enV by LG

Ease of connection: very

Phone book transfer: easy but...

Sound quality: pretty good

Comments: voice dialing is horrible. phone book would be a lot better if it didn't create a new entry for every single phone number. i have up to three numbers for some people and I get three or more icons. I had to download the phonebook, do some surgery (which was actually pretty easy after I found a way to hook into it from my firefox browser!!) and put it back. Mostly happy.

LG VX8300

F-series model: F500BT

Phone make/model: LG VX8300

Ease of connection: Had to connect using the navi unit.

Phone book transfer: Easy, transfered all contacts.

Sound quality: Good-Moderate, callers have stated that they hear a slight "echo" in my voice others hear no echo.

Comments: At first I struggled to connect the phone though BT b/c I was doing it via my phone and it wasnt recognizing the unit. Once I got into the phone settings of the 500bt unit I was able to activate the BT and sync with my phone.

F-series model: F90BT

Phone make/model: Sony Ericsson W810i

Ease of connection: very

Phone book transfer: easy

Sound quality: very good (or so I am told)

Comments: Unable to call contacts by picking them from the Pioneer. Phone usually connects within the first 1-2 minutes of start up or wont connect at all at which point I turn the phone off and on. The unit fails to recognize that I have pushed the main button to initiate voice commands 95% of the time but when it does work voice dialing is no problem.

Irritated by the fact that when ppl call me who are in my phone book and in the navi phone book that they appear as 'unknown'

• 2 weeks later...

F-series model: 700BT

Phone make/model: Motorola V551

Ease of connection: easy

Phone book transfer: can't get it to transfer - there is no function from the phone and the unit won't pull them

Sound quality: very good

Comments: aside from the phone book transfer issues, the Pioneer unit is now throwing a Windows error everytime they talk to each other. I have disabled the BT on the phone as this is the only way to prevent the code from coming back.

At this point, I would be impressed if I could overcome the error ... until that time, it just sucks!

EDIT: I have corrected the Windows error ... someone suggested removing the phone and the unit and re-pairing them. It worked like a charm.

F-series model: 900BT

Phone make/model: Samsung M1

Ease of connection: very easy

Phone book transfer: easy, unit can pull addresses from my phone, I don't think I can send from phone though

Sound quality: very good

Comments: I really wish we could edit the phone book, or even just delete contacts.

I had trouble figuring out how to upload the phone book. But I don't even recall what I was doing wrong. Its seems simple now.

I haven't played around with voice dialing yet, but I have low expectations.

F-series model: F90BT

Phone make/model: UTStarcom 6700

Ease of connection: Sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't. It always discovers my phone, but may not actually connect.

Phone book transfer: Using Jetware, takes a long time to transfer all numbers, and I am getting double entries for each number

Sound quality: Good enough for me. I hear and I speak.

Comments: Not sure how to make my phone discover the stereo. Always tells me no device detected. I want it to be more consistant, just not consistantly bad. :roll:

• 1 month later...

F-series model: 90BT

Phone make/model: Samsung i617 (BlackJackII)

Ease of connection: Works

Phonebook transfer: Worked pre-2.0, works w/ 2.0 (now, see comments)

Sound quality: No complaints.

Comments: Post 2.0 update I had to hard reset the phone and enable serial port service to get the transfer to work. Only ~50% of the contacts made it over, though. Removing SIM contacts and will retry.

UPDATE: Removing SIM contacts allowed all contacts to be sync'd, but there's no type indicator ((M) versus (H) versus (W), etc) that others claim to have after syncing.

F-Series Model: F90BT

Phone make/model: Sprint Blackberry 8830

Ease of Connection: Easy (Use the BB to connect to F90BT)

Phonebook Transfer: Works

Sound Quality: Perfect (better then I expected)

Comments: As everyone knows pre 2.0 update the Blackberry's would connect and disconnect every 10 secs. But after the update it works perfectly. I put my mic on the driver side visor and it works great there. I had a little echo problem but after turning down the volume a little there is no echo problem now. The calls are clearer then using my Jawbone from both ends of the call.

Phone make/model: Samsung "sync" A707

Ease of connection: Very

Phone book transfer: No how no way. However, I found a workaround. It seems that even though I could not transfer any contacts, the actual database is on the Flashdrive. I followed the instructions in the "Edit Your Phonebook" thread at http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18248&highlight=phonebook+editor and now I have working "Contacts".

Sound quality: Excellent on my end. I'm told I'm slightly muffled on the other end but audible.

Comments: Thought I would have to replace my phone to use the "Contacts" function of the unit. Thanks to AVIC411 and all the posters. (and using the SEARCH button really works)

F-series model: 900bt

Phone make/model:

LG TU915

sony erricson k790a

LG shine tu720

Ease of connection:

VERY easy

Phone book transfer:

very easy

Sound quality:

amazing

Comments:

just awsome since they released the update 2.0 no more unit restarts when phone is connected. knock on wood

Phone make/model: Motorola (MotoRazr) VE20

Ease of connection: Perfect

Phone book transfer: Perfect

Sound quality: Good, so people say "how do I sound"???

Comments: I don't kno if this is a wish list item or if this works with anyone else. I'd like to have the call transfer to my phone after I turn off the car. And so forth.

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: Motorola Razr V3c with updated firmware on Verizon

Ease of connection: Worked like a charm right away. Couldn't be easier.

Phone book transfer: Automatic from radio pushed touch screen to transfer contacts, pressed ok, waited a minute and there they were.

Sound quality: The same breaks, cracks, pops as with my Motorola ear BT accessory, but the actual voice quality is better so my guess is that this phone's BT just is not that good but the microphone is better than in my Moto BT ear accessory.

Comments: Contacts don't distinguish whether they are home, work or mobile, other than that I'm satisfied. Voice dialing never worked with my ear BT device so I'm not missing what I never had.

Phone make/model: Sony W810i

Ease of connection: Very Easy

Phone book transfer: 150 Contacts with multiple numbers transfered in 5 seconds, update on 90BT after transfer about 30 seconds. After 2.0 now have Cell, Home, Office with names.

Sound quality: After 2.0 Very Good.

Comments: I have used several Bluetooth devices from several different companies and have found that if the critical part is the phone.