AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

Hi idt ,I have a question, when I use cmh928 mode shows me the names of the streets up to 5 blocks ahead, your mode shows them until I cross for them, what can i do to fix it.Thank you

that file responsible for that is the clip_planes.ini, also, it will also depend on your tilt and zoom settings,

try to compare my clip_planes with cmh and look for these codes and compare them

road0 = 2, 0, 40, 1000, 750
road1 = 2, 0, 40, 1000, 800
road2 = 2, 0, 40, 1000, 900
road3 = 2, 0, 40, 1000, 1000

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key in clip_planes.ini is this one:

roadsign = 0,1,50,0,1000

This line in sys.txt controls size of names and thus how many will show up at a distance:

[3d_config]
roadsign_lines_per_screen=19

The smaller the number, the larger the font and the fewer names displayed at a time.

Stock is 20, 18 is fairly large, 19 is a compromise.

This is what I currently have in mine:

[clip_planes] 
; mode, lower bound, upper bound, lower value, upper Value 
; mode: 0: by zoom level, 1: by number of cells, 2: by intersect value (0..45) 
; values: 0.0 .. 1.0 * 1000 (= 0..1000) 

faded_buildings_near = 0, 10, 200, 600, 600 
faded_buildings_medium = 0, 10, 200, 650, 650 
faded_buildings_far = 0, 10, 200, 750, 750 

solid_buildings_near = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980 
solid_buildings_medium = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980 
solid_buildings_far = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980 

landmark = 0 , 1, 50, 1000, 1000 

road0 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 1000 
road1 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 990 
road2 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 980 
road3 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 970 
roadsign = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 950 

;a ket reszletesebb terrain 
terrain0 = 0, 30, 30, 750, 750 
terrain1 = 0, 30, 30, 850, 850 

;reszletes shapek. Mivel lassu, ezert ne vigyetek tulzasba. 
shape0 = 2, 1, 10, 1000, 0 

Would you say this is the best??

Thanx,

Bud.

BTW, I have Roadsigns=19 in my Sys.txt as well :)

i noticed that with some of the mods, and a few others that the streets show up when im on the street, or i had just driven past them.

i tried this and compared to the original and regular sys.txt i dont think it improved too much. How can i make the larger streets appear first at least? i dont care too much about the residential streets but its the main ones that i really want.

what is the ideal values?

Ok I have something showing up on my screen with this mod that I havent a clue what it is. Maybe it was on other setups I ran and never noticed it, but I dont remember it at all. Can anyone tell me what it might be, looks like a blinking beacon, see pic, right above the red arrow...

Also, IDT, is there an option to turn off the auto-dimming of the icons? Or could it be added? If not, I will edit the appropriate files, but it might be nice if it was an option. Really like your mod though!! Excellent work!

Ok I have something showing up on my screen with this mod that I havent a clue what it is. Maybe it was on other setups I ran and never noticed it, but I dont remember it at all. Can anyone tell me what it might be, looks like a blinking beacon, see pic, right above the red arrow...

Also, IDT, is there an option to turn off the auto-dimming of the icons? Or could it be added? If not, I will edit the appropriate files, but it might be nice if it was an option. Really like your mod though!! Excellent work!

Thats your cursor for when u touch the map. Its the igo 8.3 cursor which is animated. I also beleive the anwser to your question about the auto-dimming is on pg.31 of this thread.

im sorry to bring this back up dietrying and CMH, but which one will do what cause now im jsut getting mixed information

Road0, road1, road2, road 3, and road4 OR road sign? which ones do i play with and what does the numbers mean? higher or lower?

see the problem? too much info, meaning too many variables. how do i get the bigger street names to show up? thats my ultimate goal. so which is which? and thanks guys.

im sorry to bring this back up dietrying and CMH, but which one will do what cause now im jsut getting mixed information

Road0, road1, road2, road 3, and road4 OR road sign? which ones do i play with and what does the numbers mean? higher or lower?

see the problem? too much info, meaning too many variables. how do i get the bigger street names to show up? thats my ultimate goal. so which is which? and thanks guys.

haven't tried cmh's oned but the one i posted worked for me

Great job IDT. I installed your mods onto my F700

I had 1 question, would it be possible to "actually" shut off the screen display with your power button? rather then just display black? Even that black display is bright at night.

I will sometimes shut off the screen when we are traveling and someone is trying to sleep in my truck. Do you think that could be done easily?

Great job IDT. I installed your mods onto my F700

I had 1 question, would it be possible to "actually" shut off the screen display with your power button? rather then just display black? Even that black display is bright at night.

I will sometimes shut off the screen when we are traveling and someone is trying to sleep in my truck. Do you think that could be done easily?

i know that it is possible but the thing is someone has to hack on the other softwares of the unit, that thing is AFAIK not handled by the navi software, what you could do is press the screen off on the audio selection screen

I belieму roadsign is the one that controls actual street names.

i noticed that with some of the mods, and a few others that the streets show up when im on the street, or i had just driven past them.

i tried this and compared to the original and regular sys.txt i dont think it improved too much. How can i make the larger streets appear first at least? i dont care too much about the residential streets but its the main ones that i really want.

Hey superman these worked for me

roadsign = 0,1,50,0,1000

Hey superman these worked for me

roadsign = 0,1,50,0,1000

That's the same settings I'm using. Read through this this thread to see more info regarding clip planes and road sign visibility. I'm currently using the clip planes listed on the first post, but with roadsign changed to the values listed by jelacf. The last post in that thread will show those values.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21572