AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

Crossposted on hqp921's thread ^^

Try this. I've just been given this tip by a dealer but it was too late for me as I've already sent it off. Would be interesting to know if it works.

1) with NAV powered off, insert a blank, formatted SD card

2) turn ignition on - NAV will start to copy some system files to the SD card

3) not sure how long you should leave it or if you get any prompts, but after giving it time to write to the card, turn off the ignition

4) put SD card in your PC and put the Pioneer update files on it

5) insert SD card in NAV, turn on ignition and (hopefully) it should boot and re-install the firmware

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now tried the resettoOEM and after reconnecting my GPS antenna I still have the same issue. As soon as the car starts moving, the system reboots after about 20 seconds. I really don't know what to do next. I'm going to try the method mentioned above to reload the firmware and see if this helps at all.

Tried the method above, doesn't work at all, firmware is not re-installed.

I've now tried every solution in this thread with no success. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm almost resigned to the fact that I'll need to ship it off to Pioneer.

Thanks for the confirmation. If you're in the UK phone Pioneer and ask if you can send it direct to OE Electronics. They'll give you the number. Call OE, they'll give you an RA number and arrange for collection - make sure you include the VAT receipt or it's a no-go. They repaired mine immediately and shipped it out the next day. So far, it's looking good.

Hi all I just started having this constant reboot issue today. I purchased my Avic F90bt in late March.

1) Past issues (reboots, freezing)

Seldom have I had reboots, the occasional reboot when setting a route before the gps acquired signal

2) Have you (or professional) upgraded your Avic to the latest update

2.0 came pre installed on my F90

3) Did the issue start before or after the update, if applicable?

N/A

4) Did the issue start after a hack, a mod or a bypass?

I still have CMH928's last/latest awesomeness installed and no it did not start before, during or after the hack/mod was installed. I have the hardwire bypass installed, all connections are verified good as of today, the unit was professionally installed at a stereo audio store so after removing and visually inspecting the wiring everything appears to have been done quite nicely.

5) How long have you had the hacks, mods or bypass?

Pretty much since the second or third day after install first week of april, CMH came out with his mod about a week after I bought and had the unit installed.

6) How long has the unit worked without a problem?

The unit has Pretty much worked with little issue since day 1. The usual complaints, sd card mp3's slow to start, often cut out at end, other typical complaints that cause us all to come here and look for hacks.

Over the last few days, Friday initially, the f90 started losing gps on my way home from work, Saturday it was slow or would not acquire gps on short 10-15 minute trips, Sunday it refused to lock gps at all, so basically before the reboot/lockup my F90 took longer and longer to acquire GPS signal. Sunday morning it would not acquire gps at all, I thought maybe the antenna had somehow dislodged/fallen under my dash where it is installed. I took the dash apart remounted the gps on a more level surface(on the top of the stereo) and wow did I ever get better satellite acquisition for my brief test period, in the garage with the door closed I was locking 6-8 satellites and they were locked by the time the unit booted up, I should have gone for a test drive rather then being satisfied and buttoning everything up for today's troubles.

On my way out this morning(Monday) the unit started to reboot more and more rapidly by the time I turned around and made it home(15-20 minutes) the unit was in a tight reboot loop. The rebooting did not start until I started moving. I followed the advice here and rebooted with an sd card and test mode files, it took a good 20-40 minutes of rebooting to get up into test mode. Mostly my fault probably as I was impatiently turning it off and on and trying different things and did not see the post/link about holding reset and eject for more reliable testmode boot-up, so that remains untested by me.

I've deleted the 4 recommended files and the unit functions again, it is not 100% though. It is again slow to acquire satellite signal(but not as bad as before 2-3 minutes). Now after acquiring satellite lock when I try to nav "home" the unit will reboot.

I would like to try deleting my userdata files but am unclear on the right files to delete, can the whole userdata sub-directory be deleted to start fresh and insure any corrupted file might be removed and rebuilt?

My current theory other than random file corruption is MSN Direct, I signed up for this before any mod/hack was applied tried it out in the first day or two after having the unit installed. My free 90 days should be over any day now if it is not expired already. This might tie in with the earlier post in this thread about leaving antenna disconnected.

If after trying the userdata removal the unit still has issues I'll restore it back to it's original files, and if that still doesn't resolve this the unit will have to go back to pioneer for repair/replacement.

--- edit ---

After going for another test drive... MSN is still active, initially the unit rebooted any time I selected home or one of my favorites or recent destinations it did so the first nav to "home" on this test trip also. However after that reboot I tested navigating to a point I selected on-screen, and then set nav to go to a POI 20 miles or so away, this appears to have reset or overwritten the corrupted file as now I can select and nav to my favorites without the unit rebooting. All seems to be operating normally in my f90bt again.

Just had the weirdest thing with my F900BT. Was driving on I-81 in maryland about 2 hours from home and randomly the GPS said I was going 90123090mph then it kept increasing in speed and all of a sudden the unit rebooted. Then it was stuck in a vicious reboot cycle for a good 45 minutes after we stopped for dinner. I had a SD card with test mode files on it I was trying to get loaded but never got that to start. On the way home the unit eventually booted up normally and let us at least listen to the radio. That was a blessing, try driving 150 miles home in a turbo rsx, solid motor mounts, 3" exhaust that's randomly touching the swaybars lol. I was about out of my mind, finally pulled into a rest-stop and as I did, the unit booted up (I was gonna pull the fuse and just stop it from rebooting and burning up my stock bose amp) Anyhow, I drove the car again today and it worked fine until this afternoon when it started rebooting again on the way home. I'm gonna try to load the test mode and stock 2.006 firmware (whatever its up to now). I had one of those hacked all-in-one firmwares on there but I'm not sure that's the ticket. I'll try it with the stock and maybe move back to the hacked stuff. I installed this unit the first week of April and its been fine since then, until now. I suppose I am cursed just like the rest of us.

Im having the same reboot problem with my 2 month old F90BT. I had the message that "System has detected a problem with the brake lead" ETC . Mine occurs only when speed reaches 20 mps. Disconnecting the GPS antenna does temporary help so i can atleast use the rest of the deck just not the gps. To see if it was a software problem all i did was boot to Testmode from the SD card then strart driving and the problem still occurred so that tells me it cant be the software on the flashdisk OS because its not loaded. I did delete the 4 .bin files before doing this since 2 of them are written back to the root folder. I have emailed Pioneer and waiting for a response but its looking like its a Hardware glitch.