AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

Loving it.

Got one question, while using another DATA file I was getting lables on all the streets, near and far.

With this one I am only getting street info on the ones I am crossing over. The streets that are further away does not shaw the street names.

Can someone please tell me how to enable that

Thanks

Did you change a color scheme? Settings in DATA.ZIP do not control street name display.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

One level of zoom makes a big change on street labels, too. Seems like fonts may make a difference, too. When I had changed my Tahoma to a modded one (dumpystig, I think) I noticed labels didn't show as much. Using smart zoom on mine but limiting it between 200 and 400 feet, gives decent labels.

I've been using Matts original Data zip untill today. I installed Data Zip V2 and its even better!!!

Just wanted to say keep up the good work.

Question: Is there a red light cam mod? Here in NY City we have many red light cameras.

Thanx

This is in Boris' version of his "ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\setting_800_480.ui" file in his "setting.rar" data.zip..Try that

Finally got around to downloading examdiff, both files have this coding. anyone else know where this would be activated? I checked the sys.txt and that seems to be fine too.

I've been using Matts original Data zip untill today. I installed Data Zip V2 and its even better!!!

Just wanted to say keep up the good work.

Question: Is there a red light cam mod? Here in NY City we have many red light cameras.

Thanx

My data.zip will warn about red light cams as long as the speedcam warnings are turned on and the cameras are on the system.

This is in Boris' version of his "ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\setting_800_480.ui" file in his "setting.rar" data.zip..Try that

Finally got around to downloading examdiff, both files have this coding. anyone else know where this would be activated? I checked the sys.txt and that seems to be fine too.

ialso have another request. possibly adding a nav screen button to the nav settings. would look good on the right side where there are only 3 buttons in non-route mode.

**** New Version ****

Here is a link to a new version of my data.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?gmtyib0j3ut

The changes in this version are:

Added following to custom alert setting subscreen

- Warning Volume slider

- Set whether warning beep mode (disabled = no beeps, When approaching = beep when within distance specified, Over Limit = Only beeps within distance speficied if you are over the camera limit)

- Warning Beep on Mobile Cameras (turns off the approaching beeps for mobile cameras)

- Warning Beep Distance (sets how far away from the camera the warning beeps start can be from 200ft to 1000ft or metre equivalent)

US or Euro Speed Limit Style option (bottom of the visual settings menu, choose US or Euro style)

Added building settings

Added changes so US users can add cameras (hopefully! my Euro model has this as std so if someone in the US runs this can they see if they can add camera as apparantly you couldn't on my previous versions)

Add additional speed limit values when setting up speedcam to better fit US speed limits

Fixed issue where when manually adding a mobile camera there speed slider is not displayed

Again, I would describe this a beta, I've briefly tested my changes but not extensivley. If you have any problems then post in this thread and I'll try to fix them.

Enjoy!

Matt.

How can I add cams only because I have 3 by me and they didn't appear on the screen.

Just in case I turned on the cam option. :D

If you have the correct DATA.ZIP:

Select the spot on the map where the camera is.

Click the Map Info button on the right side of the screen

Click "Save As" button.

Click "Add Camera"

Edit camera info and click "Done"...

**** New Version ****

Here is a link to a new version of my data.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?gmtyib0j3ut

The changes in this version are:

Added following to custom alert setting subscreen

- Warning Volume slider

- Set whether warning beep mode (disabled = no beeps, When approaching = beep when within distance specified, Over Limit = Only beeps within distance speficied if you are over the camera limit)

- Warning Beep on Mobile Cameras (turns off the approaching beeps for mobile cameras)

- Warning Beep Distance (sets how far away from the camera the warning beeps start can be from 200ft to 1000ft or metre equivalent)

US or Euro Speed Limit Style option (bottom of the visual settings menu, choose US or Euro style)

Added building settings

Added changes so US users can add cameras (hopefully! my Euro model has this as std so if someone in the US runs this can they see if they can add camera as apparantly you couldn't on my previous versions)

Add additional speed limit values when setting up speedcam to better fit US speed limits

Fixed issue where when manually adding a mobile camera there speed slider is not displayed

Again, I would describe this a beta, I've briefly tested my changes but not extensivley. If you have any problems then post in this thread and I'll try to fix them.

Enjoy!

Matt.

Awesome stuff, Matt! Going to try it this weekend. My first mod install! 8) Thanks for all your work.

Great!

Without going through a zillion lines of code which are the particular specific line you made changes to for just the speedcam volume slider controls and the custom beeps and camera settings?

I want to add this to my current DATA.ZIP using CMH928's latest rev which already has the buildings, speedcamera editing capability. I see some files in the directories with an edit date of 4-3-09. Are these the only ones?

Thanx again!!

\Bud

Great!

Without going through a zillion lines of code which are the particular specific line you made changes to for just the speedcam volume slider controls and the custom beeps and camera settings?

I want to add this to my current DATA.ZIP using CMH928's latest rev which already has the buildings, speedcamera editing capability. I see some files in the directories with an edit date of 4-3-09. Are these the only ones?

Thanx again!!

\Bud

I've labelled all the code for the speedcam settings with << SC_WARN_SET>> so search for that and it should give you all the files I changed for it. Don't rely on the date as I have been working on this for few days so files with older dates may need to be changed too.