AVIC411.com

Will the software bypass interfere with anything since I already have the hardware bypass done?

Nope. I have both on mine. No issues.

Same thing here i have both running and no issues also :), thanks for this Cmh i really love it and i thank you for your time you put in for us man thanks alot

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone wanting to try a new voice mod? I have finished my latest round of changes to samantha.

This is a self-installer for US models. Unzip two folders to root of SD card.

Put it into avic and turn the key on. When you see a big green box, remove SD card and turn the key off.

Installed the MOD last night everything so far works great...LOVE IT! One question...The little dot for the GPS moves acurately...But the arrow seems to lag behind really slowly. I have a TOM TOM and Garmin and they move right on the mark. Is there anything that can be done to speed up the respone time for the arrow? Thanks!

Anyone wanting to try a new voice mod? I have finished my latest round of changes to samantha.

This is a self-installer for US models. Unzip two folders to root of SD card.

Put it into avic and turn the key on. When you see a big green box, remove SD card and turn the key off.

Good work once again. And a couple nice touches:

recalulate="Stop ignoring me!"

ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"

offroute="Doh!"

traffic_jam="Look out. Bad drivers ahead."

overspeed="In a hurry?"

:lol:

Gnasr,

If you're in doubt about a script, especially a layer, just change the x to a value that would place it off screen. like x=1000.

Search nm8x4 for "actualstreetname" and change "align=" from "center" to "left".

This will make the time look like an address, though. Hence the centering and color change.

The lines in browsemap are optional when using the OEM compass, but MUST be commented out to use the linear compass.

I've given directions on the easiest way to install samantha several times, just read back a few pages.

I dont know why I am getting answers for the TTS, I am not having a problem with Samanatha, that works great and I know how to install based on your previous comments. thank you

as far as the browsemap.ui, are you saying that I don't even need that code even if I do use the OEM compass, so it doesn't really matter if I have that?

what is cache=2048 in the sys.txt file and what does that do?

Thank you

Thank you

Keeps the TTS voice from stuttering. All the compass scripts do is make it show or hide depending on map screen displayed. No big deal.

For the guy thinking his arrow lags, did you use the unit WITHOUT mods to get used to how it works? Do you have all the 3D settings maxxed out? What zoom level are you at? What colorscheme are you using? Are you playing music from the SD card? All these things greatly affect rendering speed. Your TomTom isn't doing half the things in the background that the Avic is, let alone 3D buildings and terrain details. Plus the TomTom is driving 1/4 as many pixels (480 x 272 or less) vs (800x480).

Finally got all of GTIMatt's latest wave of changes integrated. Need to test drive and I will post links later. Basically they just give yet more options on what can be changed/ disabled in the settings menus.

- A new custom subscreen under Navi Settings > Visual.

- Moved the US/Euro speed limit style option to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing turn restrictions to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu (MUCH welcomed)

The other mods he did already existed in my version before.

The all-in-ones will include my newest SamTTS.

Wow this mod is absolutely excellent! It made this a brand new unit as far as im concerned, and it puts Pioneers design team to shame, they should be ashamed considering how really truly excellent work modders with spare time, for free can do.

Quite frankly, I was ready to buy a new Kenwood, so as far as im concerned, you guys (modders) just saved me over a thousand bucks!

Now if i can just get some up to date maps. Pioneer can't even seem to provide those...

Can pioneer do anything besides take our money, haha. It's pitiful.

Really truly excellent for all those responsible, thank you!

Thank you

Keeps the TTS voice from stuttering. All the compass scripts do is make it show or hide depending on map screen displayed. No big deal.

For the guy thinking his arrow lags, did you use the unit WITHOUT mods to get used to how it works? Do you have all the 3D settings maxxed out? What zoom level are you at? What coolrscheme are you using? Are you playing music from the SD card? All these things greatly affect rendering speed. Your TomTom isn't doing half the things in the background that the Avic is, let alone 3D buildings and terrain details. Plus the TomTom is driving 1/4 as many pixels (480 x 272 or less) vs (800x480).

I'm not complaining and certainly not wanting to get preached to...come on...I wouldn't trade my AVIC for 10 Tom Toms or Garmins...and no it didn't lag prior to MOD...It is probably some setting that I missed. I will check the 3D settings. Thanks and remember I SAID I LOVE THE MOD!

Finally got all of GTIMatt's latest wave of changes integrated. Need to test drive and I will post links later. Basically they just give yet more options on what can be changed/ disabled in the settings menus.

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu (MUCH welcomed)

didn't you have any problems with the custom settings?

what i did with mine is instead of haveing a custom setting i just included those other three settings in my route settings

any chance you could just post the .ui files you changed for us guys that already modified your mod. It would be greatly appreciated. I also got everything to work and i removed the speed limit from the navigate.ui file and that got rid of the error I was getting. Excellent job thanks for your help.