AVIC411.com

Thanks for the reply. I have to say I love the other hacks and fixes. For the most part, they're great. I know I couldn't do it alone, so it's all been a great help. Thanks you guys that take the time to figure these things out. I appreciate it muchly. Harvey G.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, been away from the forum for awhile, came on here, got my maps updated and used your installer to replace my really outdated mods from October. Great to see how far things have come. I had one issue with your installer, more specifically with the Image.res file. Your iGo UI mods, work WONDERFULLY, however the Image.res theme used in the installer caused my iPod to not register on bootup every single time. This happened consistently for about a week. I would have to disconnect and reconnect the iPod in order to get it to work. I booted into test mode and put back the stock Image.res and now everything is perfect again. Just something to consider. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, maybe it's an issue with my iPod. Either way if anyone has this problem, try putting back the stock Image.res and you might have some luck.

Overall, EXCELLENT work on the iGo UI mods and the new voice. I appreciate the hard work that you and everyone else involved has put into this to make the F-series better than Pioneer did. Though, in the coming months I'll probably upgrade to whatever else Pioneer has in store to show off at the 2009 Roadshow in June.

Newbie here....

I installed the new 2008.4 maps, buildings, and POIs, followed by this Cmh mod. I manually copied in the mod, including the building, lang, voice, license, speed, scheme, speedcam, data.zip and sys.txt, as well as a couple of font files files. I also have the modified EZRider.exe However, I still have the male voice, but worse than that I have zero spoken street names. It is not even a partial street name as some have mentioned. I just get the voice of "In a quarter mile turn left". Street names are displayed on the map, but are not spoken at all. From other posts, it seems that the male voice is supposed to be totally gone. Is that correct? Honestly, at this point, I don't care if it's male or female (I'll worry about that later), but I'm wondering if it's the new maps causing the problem, or if I missed something in the Cmh928 mod that is causing the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Newbie here....

I installed the new 2008.4 maps, buildings, and POIs, followed by this Cmh mod. I manually copied in the mod, including the building, lang, voice, license, speed, scheme, speedcam, data.zip and sys.txt, as well as a couple of font files files. I also have the modified EZRider.exe However, I still have the male voice, but worse than that I have zero spoken street names. It is not even a partial street name as some have mentioned. I just get the voice of "In a quarter mile turn left". Street names are displayed on the map, but are not spoken at all. From other posts, it seems that the male voice is supposed to be totally gone. Is that correct? Honestly, at this point, I don't care if it's male or female (I'll worry about that later), but I'm wondering if it's the new maps causing the problem, or if I missed something in the Cmh928 mod that is causing the problem.

Thanks for any help.

go to language settings and choose samantha, the reason why the male voice doesn't say street names is because it's not TTS

go to language settings and choose samantha, the reason why the male voice doesn't say street names is because it's not TTS

Okay... Changed the voice to Samantha (TTS) , but I still don't get any street names. Just "Turn right", "In a half mile turn left", "Exit Highway", etc. The street names do show up on the display, but no TTS at all. At one road I think she may have said "two" when the road was Highway 211, but I'm not certain of that. Maybe I should try putting the old map data back on and see if that corrects the voice? Does that have anything to do with TTS?

Is there any way to change the default zoom level on the map? I like it zoomed a little closer in, but even after I manually zoom, the screen automatically zooms back out to an apparent default level after 5-10 seconds.

turn smart zoom off

But I like that the smart zoom zooms in really close when you are about to make a turn. For the standard zoom, I like it about three clicks in further than the default. It's not a huge deal, but I thought if it's an ini modification, I might be able to do it. I saw the settings for max and min zoom, so Ithought there may be a setting for the standard view zoom.

Thanks for your responses to my questions.

I guess for the previous question, I'll try putting the default maps back in and see if that fixes the TTS. I had version 2007.10 ( I believe that was it) and had copied in 2008.04.

Is there any way to change the default zoom level on the map? I like it zoomed a little closer in, but even after I manually zoom, the screen automatically zooms back out to an apparent default level after 5-10 seconds.

turn smart zoom off

But I like that the smart zoom zooms in really close when you are about to make a turn. For the standard zoom, I like it about three clicks in further than the default. It's not a huge deal, but I thought if it's an ini modification, I might be able to do it. I saw the settings for max and min zoom, so Ithought there may be a setting for the standard view zoom.

Thanks for your responses to my questions.

I guess for the previous question, I'll try putting the default maps back in and see if that fixes the TTS. I had version 2007.10 ( I believe that was it) and had copied in 2008.04.

you could play with those values in the sys.txt