AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not having any issues with my F90BT after this mod. I just want to restore to factory defaults. I was a dummy and did not backup the data because I could not calibrate the screen. Can I use the 2.0 firmware update to restore it back to default?

Re-installing 2.0 will leave all the building files, colorschemes, license file, TTS and modded system sounds on the avic. All it will give you is an OEM image.res, ezrider and data.zip. With how many problems people have doing the v2.0 install, I wouldn't risk it for the small bit it would restore.

I posted ResetToOEM.zip to the FTP. It will not delete the extra files installed, but will return the Avic to stock v2.0 settings.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

Hey man Just moved to florida and speed limit here varies was wondering if theyre is a way to keep speed limit

on screen with clock with out havin a route activated need this real bad thanks and did read all the posts but not real specific thanks

Tapping the map button hides the cursor. Having it pop-up on screen taps is a needed feature.

For the other poster, Speed limits are always shown regardless of having an active route or not. If the speed limit isn't shown, it is because there isn't one included in the map data for the current road. Around here, only interstates and other divided highways have visible speed limits.

Hello

It is really a great mod. Is there something to do for the speed limit in Canada. on a road where the limit is 100 km/h, the speed limit panel shows 160km/h.

So I suppose that the system assumes the speed limit is in miles per hour and convert it in km/h

Can we do something about it.

Greetings

Labgate

I installed this mod and my f90 keeps restarting now. I am dumbfounded. I retried dling and installing twice on two different computers. Not going very well for me. I am going to try to reinstall my backup. Perhaps it is because I had other mods done previously? I don't really understand. I just had mavericksters mods plus a few others.

**update**

I was able to get my unit back to the factory position. I will try reloading one of cmh928's different unzip mods and see if I can get a different one to work.

Hello

It is really a great mod. Is there something to do for the speed limit in Canada. on a road where the limit is 100 km/h, the speed limit panel shows 160km/h.

So I suppose that the system assumes the speed limit is in miles per hour and convert it in km/h

Can we do something about it.

Greetings

Labgate

this is a bug that i've been working on for a while now, still no luck but i will keep on trying til i figure it out and post it once i fix it

For those interested in F500 install results.

I installed the allinone noob image (includes MSN) and the only problem i can see is that TTS does not work, and Samantha is actually not even an option in the language menu anymore. I have Jason, and two other countries. Actually, even picking Jason doesn't work as I don't get spoken directions at all right now. I am going to load of the most recent mod'd Samantha TTS and try to load it manually in the settings menu, as opposed to using Testmode install (copy and paste). Hopefully this will restore the spoken commands!

Anyone with the F500BT had any luck installing the allinone hack without problems?

BTW, I love the 2.0 firmware...so far, much more responsive!

BTW, I REALLY love that the F500BT can be found under 200 bucks now...makes me so glad I was an "early adopter"!

UPDATE: I did a poor job searching the thread, and now I see i need to edit the sys.txt file to reflect the right device. My question now, is do I just update the sys.txt, and then re-run the full blown allinone testmode install, or do i just need to update the sys.txt and copy over the one currently on my device (using testmode of course, but not with the auto-copying procedure).

I just installed this on my new F700 (i bought it yesterday ;) and had a question I cant seem to find the answer to.

Theres a lot of red-light camera around work, but no speed cameras.

Each one I appproach, it warns me, "Speed Camera, 70 miles per hour" and the screen shows a 66 MPH speed camera.

I know for a fact these are red light cameras. Two of them are in 25 MPH zones - theres no way it'd be a 66 MPH speed camera in a 25 MPH zone. (And I got nailed at one once for running a red!)

Is there a way to have speed and red light cameras correctly identified?