AVIC411.com

Hi, I have a quick question -

Is it possible to drop all the new maps I have into the AIO and have it install them for me?

I did it manually, but it took pretty long, and I think some were corrupt and now the unit is acting up - rebooting, getting stuck and thing like that, this was before I installed the AIO, so I think it was bad map files.

Also, what should I change in sys.txt for a F700BT? I switched the data.zip with the noMSN one, anything else?

Thanks for the awesome mod and all the help guys, this is a great thing you are doing! Without this forum, this unit wouldn't be nowhere as cool, or useful!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evo, you can use the AIO to update maps by creating the correct folder on your SD card. The newest maps that will work are 2008.4 and they WILL screw up TTS naming of highways. 2007.10 gives the best TTS. Any of the newer maps require a hacked ezrider and license file to work properly. These are already in the AIO.

If it is a US/Canada F700, sys.txt is fine as it is.

In the newest AIO, just turn off the MSN icons from NaviSettings.

Thanks for the quick reply CMH928!

So I assume I should put the already extracted maps in MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\CONTENT and create "maps" folder there right?

I am already running the 2008.4 maps, but just want to do it this way because it seems easier, I want to re-upload the maps because I think the ones on the unit right now are corrupt.

Thanks again for the info!

cmh, did you fix this issue with the 5/30 release? This happened to me today.

ziplocbodybag wrote:

I loaded it as-is and found what appears a repeatable occurence. That occurence being if I change the setting to show the hist/Gps or hist/msn icons through the NaviSettings/Visual/CustomSettings, then set a destination, then cancel/clear my destination, the history icon is then missing from the top row, but the icon will come back after navigating away to other screens and back to the map screen.

It has been fixed since I posted the new AIO file. There were probably 3 versions posted on 5/30. The one on there currently is fine.

It was a minor bug and just tapping the screen would clear it up as it was. Don't scare people. :-)

I just posted a new version of the AIO with the newest (2009) 3D building files and speedcam database. All new uploads from now on will be in 7-Zip format to ensure they are unzipped properly. I have posted the latest windows version of 7-zip for download as well.

It has been fixed since I posted the new AIO file. There were probably 3 versions posted on 5/30. The one on there currently is fine.

It was a minor bug and just tapping the screen would clear it up as it was. Don't scare people. :-)

I just posted a new version of the AIO with the newest (2009) 3D building files and speedcam database. All new uploads from now on will be in 7-Zip format to ensure they are unzipped properly. I have posted the latest windows version of 7-zip for download as well.

I downloaded the previous version just fine but for some reason, this one will not appear in a zipped folder after downloading. I've tried it 6 different times.

I'm also getting the reboot when selecting the "go home" icon. Also, when selecting any destination I get a error box that pops up and says "unknown command", once I clear that error message, the routing will begin. I have the AIO from 5/30/09 and I dl that around 7pm monday night. Street names no longer appear on map, only on the destination info, is this normal with the mod?

Hey CMH-

Wanted to let you know the problem cleared up with my AVIC. I had to restore from backup. There was something in my old config that I must have tweaked that did not agree with your data.zip. For anyone else that needs a backup of the original untouched config you can get it here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21618&p=160394#p158522

Thanks,

Alex

Rebooting on home icon push only happens if you aren't fully booted yet or don't have GPS signal yet. As stated earlier, new versions are in 7-zip format. Follow the instructions in the first post and readme, and you'll be fine. If you continue to have problems, redownload and reinstall. Make all settings in the NaviSettings menus before trying to navigate. Mods work best on a previously unmodified unit. Street name visiblity is related to tilt angle and zoom. Turn on the controls and set them where you like, or enable smart zoom to have it adjust automatically as you approach a turn.