AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my copy and noticed when ordering it that there is a small message that stated the update won't ship until August. I think it will be a while before any of us get the actual update.

Not surprised. Pioneer won't trick me again! I am waiting till this test is well vetted before even considering trying to torrent it.

I ordered my copy and noticed when ordering it that there is a small message that stated the update won't ship until August. I think it will be a while before any of us get the actual update.

Not surprised. Pioneer won't trick me again! I am waiting till this test is well vetted before even considering trying to torrent it.

I want to see:

- what is the bootup time

- have the menus changed?

- how well does bluetooth work - a rapid succession of TWO phone calls. Does it hang for 50 seconds after either call?

- how long does the reverse camera take tp turn on after starting the car?

- is the ipod voice recognition process the same? Do I have to go through the menu to turn it on and off again? Good lord how hard is it to add a small icon in the corner of the ipod source interface that would initiate this process without having to go through crap load of menus?!?!

- when I am in the settings and I press the upper left corner, does it still take me to the source selection (stupid) or does it take me to the actual source? Note that this upper left corner icon performs *different actions* depending on context... its absurd!

- show me the fader/balancer working, is it smooth or is it as absurd as it is with 2.0?

- show me the EQ settings being changed. Its like walking through molasses currently.

- show me selection of songs in SD, the selection of XM radio channels, the selection of artists or genres via ipod? Are they still as painfully slow?

- Can I actually SEE what song is currently on when in ipod/SD/XM mode and in song/preset selection mode? This has got to be the stupidest UI decision EVER. Why should I have to toggle back and forth between modes just to see who is playing, and use the preset mode?

-try to initiate a phone call within 30 seconds of bootup - currently my system "reboots", then takes 2 minutes to finish booting, and ends up putting me in the phone call menu. Just press the button after 10 seconds, or 15 seconds, and it freaks out.

-how long does it take to connect to the phone?

-turn the car off while on a phone call, how long does it take for the phone to kick over to handset mode? Mine takes over a minute, my wife's OEM system takes 2 seconds, if that.

- When you reach your fucking destination, does the damn thing end the route automatically?!?! After it says your destination has been reached it needs to STFU.

- Does it randomly decide to automatically set the route to home, for no reason whatsoever when you turn it on? This may be hard to test since it does it only once a month or so. You know it has happened if you turn it on and before the screen pops up it tells you to take your next left.

- Does the ipod CONSISTENTLY connect when you turn it on? I get about a 60% connect rate despite a brand new cable, and perfectly good ipod touch. Restarting the car is the fix for this. Well after driving for 30 seconds and realizing it didnt connect.

- OH! If the voice recognition does not understand you, does it say "WHATISAT?" That drives me nuts.

You guys are being a bunch of whiny barnacles. $60 for a map upgrade? What's the big deal? Stop bragging about how you're going to illegally download it, we don't want to hear it. :x

I just bought the unit. YEah I paid less than 200$ for it. So what. I did not know the thing came with POI's from 2007 :roll: Yeah I may just pay for it after all.

Oh, another one. Has Pioneer fixed the bluetooth problem where the volume is RANDOM. Sometimes a call is blaringly loud, sometimes I cant hear the caller at all, and sometimes the frigging controls for volume don't even show up!! Sometimes the music continues in the background (at full volume) and sometimes not.

IF Pioneer fixed 80% of these problems, hell I would pay the full 120 bucks. I am not a cheapskate nor a thief. Its the not the money thats my problem, its the principle of Pioneer releasing a shoddy broken product and charging for a half assed fix.

And frankly I think its unwise, if not foolish to pay 60 dollars for an unknown fix! We dont even know WHEN it will be released, much less what it will fix.

Personally I could give a rats ass about a map update, notice nothing in my list of complaints deals with maps. All the roads I need are present, and while north up would be nice, that, in my mind is just bad design, but not an actual bug.

I dont think they have done much, if anything, with the apps on the unit. I believe the button/touchscreen response is solely due to the upgraded WinCE. In another thread a user even said he did just the WinCE upgrade and rebooted, and the response time was alot better. I have done both the WinCE and the APL folder, and while the response time is better, the same bugs are still present in the A/V apps, namely when changing presets in the HD interface, or changing Genres in the XM interface, it often skips more than one at a time. For example, I am on P1, and i hit the P.ch > button. Instead of going to P2, it goes to P3, P4, or sometimes even loops all the way back to P1. This is my biggest complaint with the unit and they have not addressed it. They did add the p.ch function to the steering wheel control, so i guess they did do something, but the funny part is that this odd behavior happens with the steering wheel control now too. I used to think it was just a problem with the screen, but it is obviously a bug in the software somewhere. Had Pioneer really "rewrote the entire system from scratch in-house" like they claimed, this bug would not be there. I guess all i can do at this point is email Pioneer and maybe send them a video of this annoyance, and hope that they fix it in the next release.

You guys are being a bunch of whiny barnacles. $60 for a map upgrade? What's the big deal? Stop bragging about how you're going to illegally download it, we don't want to hear it. :x

Yes we do! :twisted:

I guess there are quite some ppl here who dont want to send a single euro Pioneers way after seeing how bad support for this unit has been. And considering how much more it costs here in EU compared to the US.

And its not about the map update... its about the 3.0 Firmware update. Fixing the bugs that plague the unit from day one, stick some new maps on and CHARGE ppl again?

No thanks!

-C

i think that pioneer should have made this version 3 firmware separated from the map update. this would cause a better understanding for the people who bought the radio head with the older firmware.

i have no problems to pay for a map update as i do for my yacht charts and the kenwood radio head in my wife's car. at least so you get a choice if you want to update the maps. but the firmware versions 1 & 2 are absolutely bad.

but i DO have a problem to pay for a update what makes my radio head working how it should have been from day 1! :evil: