AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Somebody may want to check my sanity on this, but I stripped down the previous set of instructions for this to a simple version that should accomplish the same thing. I can't test it now because I updated my wife's car last night and she's out of town for the rest of the week. I moved the modified Data.zip file into the My Flash Disk/iGo/Apl2 folder prior to where step 1 starts below.

Step 1: On the root of the SD card, place the WinCE files, the Testmode folder, and the 'My Flash Disk' folder extracted from the X910 zip file.

Step 2: Turn unit on. When the Pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. Release the reset button, then when you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons until you see a blue screen. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

Step 3: Insert SD card.

Step 4: Select Update CE

Step 5: Select Update SD Format

Step 6: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center, then press the Reset button.

Step 7: Once testmode boots, open explorer and copy the contents of the 'My Flash Disk' folder to the "My Flash Disk" Drive. (Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 8: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Anybody see a problem with this, or a reason not to torrent a zip containing the files laid out as in step 1?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

It's clear but

1. On the root of the flash disk, place...

For a generic Eu install you can't do this without some prior steps. Do you need to install testmode to a SD before starting? You mean the flash disk internal to the unit not the SD card (wich is also a flash disk).

This is a great summary though. I am looking for a complete walk through from stock to V3 with new maps for an EU unit. I've read nearly all the info but I'm still not confident to do it.

If anyone can write that they will be raved about on here!

The steps I got so far are

1. Update WinCE

2. ReplaceAPL folder from a V3 backup

3. repalce EXRIDER, add generic Lic file and new maps

I think that should do it but I've just tried to write bits down as I've read posts. Can someone confirm this is thr process for a V3 EU upgrade?

Cheers

Hey guys, I updated the DATA.zip with the following mods, and this works on 3.0 AND 3.01 AVIC F700BT/900BT etc.

The mods included:

1.) Software bypass for speed.

2.) Shortcut menu on top left of map (REALLY awesome) and only visible when not using the guidance

3.) Mute button for voice guidance

4.) Pressing compass button to cancel in-progress route.

Again, this is tested to be working on AVICs running 3.0 OR 3.1! Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7680 ... f6e8ebb871

To install:

1.) Put Test Mode and this DATA.zip onto your SD card.

2.) Boot into Test Mode, go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo and replace the DATA.zip already there with this one!

Let me know if you have any questions/comments. Thanks!

I have no phone connectivity/bluetooth after doing this on my F700BT. Suggestions? Touching the "phone" button on the screen does nothing but make a beep sound.

I did not have this problem on mine. It retained my iphone settings/contacts, etc. The only thing I had to change was the home address for the Navi.

However, I did not format when I updated WINCE. I just left my flash disk as is, and then copied the new files over the old one. I also used a different x910 backup, one of the ones from the Turboss.com FTP site posted earlier this week.

I also had very few mods on my old system.

Also, for people complaining about not being able to read street names in 3D mode, go into the Navi Settings and click the little wrench next to the "Smart Zoom" On/Off toggle, and change how far the Navi zooms out. I think I set mine to 600ft, so I can now read the road names all the time in town.

Hey guys, I updated the DATA.zip with the following mods, and this works on 3.0 AND 3.01 AVIC F700BT/900BT etc.

The mods included:

1.) Software bypass for speed.

2.) Shortcut menu on top left of map (REALLY awesome) and only visible when not using the guidance

3.) Mute button for voice guidance

4.) Pressing compass button to cancel in-progress route.

Again, this is tested to be working on AVICs running 3.0 OR 3.1! Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/258434389/DATA.ZIP.html

To install:

1.) Put Test Mode and this DATA.zip onto your SD card.

2.) Boot into Test Mode, go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo and replace the DATA.zip already there with this one!

Let me know if you have any questions/comments. Thanks!

Can we get some screen shots?

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the testmode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on.

where is or what is the flash dump file? Thanks

The contents of the 'My Flash Disk' folder in the zip file you download via torrent early in the instructions.

I'll upload some screens later since I'm at work. Honestly, if you don't like it, put back your original DATA.zip or the one from the first page of this thread. I can't imagine ANYONE not liking it, to be honest. :) This is how it should have come from Pioneer.

I'll upload some screens later since I'm at work. Honestly, if you don't like it, put back your original DATA.zip or the one from the first page of this thread. I can't imagine ANYONE not liking it, to be honest. :) This is how it should have come from Pioneer.

It's raining out so i'm being lazy to go outside. lol This is how it should have come from the factory

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24444&start=210