AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Please HELP.

I followed the instructions as best I could,

I copied the "my flash disk" (unzipped )from the torrent to the my flash drive on the f900.

then i copied the "data" file to the "my flash drive/apl2/igo" folder.

I pressed the RESET and EJECT for 5 seconds...

now my f900 only will boot to windows. and if i take out the sd card with testmode on it it will just shut off while booting and show nothing at all.

What have I done wrong?

my f900 has been reduced to an old useless PC.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING!!!!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Please HELP.

I followed the instructions as best I could,

I copied the "my flash disk" (unzipped )from the torrent to the my flash drive on the f900.

then i copied the "data" file to the "my flash drive/apl2/igo" folder.

I pressed the RESET and EJECT for 5 seconds...

now my f900 only will boot to windows. and if i take out the sd card with testmode on it it will just shut off while booting and show nothing at all.

What have I done wrong?

my f900 has been reduced to an old useless PC.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

Try this guide its much easier to understand... print it out and follow along in your car... good luck.

Be sure you are coping the right files to the right place...

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5fa19542574343

this is what you should see on your "\My Flash Disk" after copying... be sure there is no testmode folder on the AVIC's Flash Disk otherwise it will get confused...

So go through this process again and DELETE everything in the \My Flash Disk drive on the avic and be sure to copy ONLY the stuff from the torrent and not anything else... dont do any mods for now... leave the data.zip out for now. you can always do the mods later. for now just get 3.0 working.

Ok so I'm officially a newbie at this. I recently bought a BT7100 and was told that this hack was the way to go to bypass the video functionality. I have followed the steps as stated in the install guide and have hit a wall. I get to step 9 and when looking for the flash dump folder it seems to be an empty folder. When I copy it on the the Avic it takes almost no time as the folder is empty. Also when looking for the "My flash disk\APL2\iGo" on the Avic i can't find it. Any help someone can give would be great. Thanks

Okay, so I've been reading through some of these "unofficial" install guides, and I still can't really get a firm answer. If you download these files onto SD cards and upgrade to 3.0 on the F90BT, do you still have to go to Pioneer's password generator site in order to authenticate or whatever? I assume that's the process they make you go through to ensure that you've paid for the software, which is what I can't figure out. In the "unofficial" installs, is this process not required?

Okay, so I've been reading through some of these "unofficial" install guides, and I still can't really get a firm answer. If you download these files onto SD cards and upgrade to 3.0 on the F90BT, do you still have to go to Pioneer's password generator site in order to authenticate or whatever? I assume that's the process they make you go through to ensure that you've paid for the software, which is what I can't figure out. In the "unofficial" installs, is this process not required?

no activation or whatever is required... you would think if it was required it would be mentioned in the guides. :roll:

this was very easy, time consuming but easy, and well worth it so far. Does anyone else have trouble hitting the edit menu in testmode though? or is it just me?

You have to calibrate the screen when u boot into WinCE

Start > control panel > screen calibration or something similar... i had trouble with it too until I calibrated it...

no activation or whatever is required... you would think if it was required it would be mentioned in the guides. :roll:

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to get into this and wind up bricking something from the get go.

I can't see to download the x910 Backup Files, i click the link and get a bunch of jibberish with some piratebay tracker url but I can't find the files. anyone else have this problem?

have you read this thread at all? This has been covered a dozen times... right click the torrent and save as... then open with your bittorrent client..... :evil: