AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

F700 works perfectly! I put all the files on my SD card at once like someone mentioned earlier. The 2 wince files, data.zip, myflash disk, and testmode. I didn't have to take the card out and put new files on, just restarted after the wince update was complete and it went straight into testmode. I also used the SD card format option, and my bluetooth phone settings were still there when I started it up after v3.0.

Well f**k me it worked! Total newb and never messed with these things before...hell I just installed the damn thing two days ago. Managed to get from ver 2 to 3.01 without making a brick.

Maybe I can help some other noobs with some notes and clarifications I made going through the process. Mostly stuff I wrote down from the previous 31 pages...proof that reading then doing actually works. From the original first post...

Step 4: Turn unit on. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers(I didn't hear a pop but waited 5-7 seconds), let go of the RESET THEN eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

Step 5: Select "WINCE Upgrade" (choice 1)

Step 6: Select "WINCE by SD/MMC (Format)"

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center. +/- 30 sec.

Step 8: Remove your SD from the AVIC, put it in your computer. This is where having two cards comes in helpful

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the testmode folder, DATA file, (from 3.0 Install files zip folder) and the "My Flash Disk" folder from torrent x910bt zip folder on. (some have reported copying all the individual files from this folder works for them so your results may vary)

Step 11: Once testmode boots, open explorer (start - programs - windows - explorer) and copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" from the "Storage Card" icon to the "My Flash Disk" Drive. "Have a stylus or some small non-scratching pointing device ready cuz you're gonna be poking at some really small icons. Use normal windows commands under the "file" toolbar to copy and paste from the flash drive to the AVIC drive

(Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 12: Copy the Data file from the SD card and replace the one in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" (Speed Bypass) Note: instructions say to replace but I didn't have an original in this folder. I just put it in there and hoped for the best.

Step 13: Press and hold restart (Reset) and eject for 5 seconds.

I then updated to 3.01 from Pioneer just as they describe. Strangely, this update seemed to delete all the files in the "Data" folder that I copied into the APL\iGo folder. Dunno if it replaced them with anything as I haven't had time to check yet and my attention span is waning.

Well I hope thats a decent post for my first and I look forward to future mods and scouring 'round here. Thanks a lot to Retell and all the others that contributed to making this a very successful mod!

Hi guys. The following question may have been answered. But, it is hard to go thru 31 pages, and searching is difficult without the correct search phrase. So I apologize if it has been.

I am planning on buying one set of official update discs, and updating one of my two F700's with it. My question is...Can I just copy the updated system (My Flash Disk, etc) files from that unit to my 2nd F700, after upgrading WinCE using steps 1-8?

I'm not getting any DL action on that torrent. And, I'm thinking that it would be easier to just use my own files, if all that torrent is, is just someone else's updated system files.

the 3.0 install is awesome! Holy cow! I cannot believe this is the same unit I was using just yesterday!!

2.0 was slow, laggy and unresponsive. Its night and day in 3.0. everything feels like the way it should have been.

The only flaw that I found thus far is that the 3D maps do not show street names.. anyone else having that same problem?

Hi guys. The following question may have been answered. But, it is hard to go thru 31 pages, and searching is difficult without the correct search phrase. So I apologize if it has been.

I am planning on buying one set of official update discs, and updating one of my two F700's with it. My question is...Can I just copy the updated system (My Flash Disk, etc) files from that unit to my 2nd F700, after upgrading WinCE using steps 1-8?

I'm not getting any DL action on that torrent. And, I'm thinking that it would be easier to just use my own files, if all that torrent is, is just someone else's updated system files.

Yes, you can steal it. It is neither ethical nor legal though.

Yes, you can steal it. It is neither ethical nor legal though.
I clearly state in my original post that I was going to BUY it from Pioneer. But, I just do not wish to pay TWICE for what should be FREE to begin with.

I am not talking about map updates. I am referring to the FW for the devices that I paid good money for, that should work properly out of the box. If, perhaps, the software engineers, project managers, and group directors had enough respect for their consumers to wait until their products worked correctly before releasing them, and their sales and marketing depts had enough respect for us not to nickel and dime us for a FW update that should be free, I might show them some respect, bite the bullet, and pay for a couple of map updates.

As it is, they are lucky they are getting the one FW purchase from me. Now, you better get back to your cubicle to work on that big PowerPoint presentation about the new product that won't be ready by release date, but you are going to release it anyway and fix it later with updates. :wink:

the 3.0 install is awesome! Holy cow! I cannot believe this is the same unit I was using just yesterday!!

2.0 was slow, laggy and unresponsive. Its night and day in 3.0. everything feels like the way it should have been.

The only flaw that I found thus far is that the 3D maps do not show street names.. anyone else having that same problem?

I take back everything I said!! WTH Pioneer. After the nice refreshing try of 3.0 , now it's slow as a hog again. The screen is unresponsive and my iPod navigation seems to have a life of it's own. I'll try to upgrade to 3.01 and not sync up my bluetooth (which i'm guessing is causign the latency) .