AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i can use this guide to go from my stock v2.0 f90bt to v3.0 right? i dont have to buy the update from pioneer?

You can steal it, then this guide will work OK.

im asking if those files in the first post for SD1, SD2 and SD3 are downloaded, is that all that i would need for the update?

i can use this guide to go from my stock v2.0 f90bt to v3.0 right? i dont have to buy the update from pioneer?

You can steal it, then this guide will work OK.

im asking if those files in the first post for SD1, SD2 and SD3 are downloaded, is that all that i would need for the update?

yes... u can put them all on one 2GB SD card... just be sure you are coping the right files to the right place...

what does this mean?

SD 2: TestMode 2.3 - 1.65MB ( Must be in a testmode folder)

"must be in a testmode folder"

also, does it have to be untarred first?

this means exactly what it says... copy the "testmode" folder to the SD card... otherwise testmode wont work! durh...

and yes it has to be unzipped... i swear some of you guys cant even manage to unzip a file... I dont think you should be modifying your AVIC... i mean its not that hard is it? :roll:

looks like we have a problem... i hope i didnt brick it.

i only have a 2GB sd card and i was going back and forth between the pc and the car to update and when i go back inside to load it with the 1.59GB sd3 data load, for some reason, it runs out of space at around 995MB. its a 2GB card and i formatted it! i tried a few times and it still thinks it only has about 1GB space on it.

can i start all over again once i have a new SD card or is the system bricked? i get a blank screen after the pioneer logo screen.

any help will be greatly appreciated...

i only have a 2GB sd card and i was going back and forth between the pc and the car to update and when i go back inside to load it with the 1.59GB sd3 data load, for some reason, it runs out of space at around 995MB. its a 2GB card and i formatted it! i tried a few times and it still thinks it only has about 1GB space on it.

can i start all over again once i have a new SD card or is the system bricked? i get a blank screen after the pioneer logo screen.

um you should be able to fit all required files onto ONE 2GB SD card... be sure you disable hidden files... maybe there is a hidden file in there thats taking up the space?

This is what I did:

I had the WINCE files on the root of the SD card

And the TestMode folder containing the small files required for testmode to work.

then I made a folder called "My flash Disk" so I know which files to copy and then I dropped the torrent files into this folder... be sure you're only copying these files into the avic's "my flash disk"..... make sense?

all the files total are just under 2GB so everything fits just fine... not sure how you have managed to fill it up...

um you should be able to fit all required files onto ONE 2GB SD card... be sure you disable hidden files... maybe there is a hidden file in there thats taking up the space?

This is what I did:

I had the WINCE files on the root of the SD card

And the TestMode folder containing the small files required for testmode to work.

then I made a folder called "My flash Disk" so I know which files to copy and then I dropped the torrent files into this folder... be sure you're only copying these files into the avic's "my flash disk"..... make sense?

all the files total are just under 2GB so everything fits just fine... not sure how you have managed to fill it up...

i may have bad sectors on that card. ill get a new card and try again. do i have to start at step 1 though?

Step 4.4: Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

This part makes me laugh! It reminds me of doing Sub-Zero's fatality on Mortal Kombat II. LOLOLOL!

"FINISH HIM!"

well if you are old like me, it reminds me of the Contra cheat code on Nintendo! :D ....