AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

IDT - I am running the 3.1 version on page 23. The location of the red arrow in default FW 2-d mode always showed the point of the arrow as my actual location. This mod shows the back of the car as my current location - that is why I pointed it out. Maybe I need to recalibrate somehow? My system no longer switches to night mode at nighttime - I must select it manually. In the morning I must manually switch from night to day mode.

Jim

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT - I am running the 3.1 version on page 23. The location of the red arrow in default FW 2-d mode always showed the point of the arrow as my actual location. This mod shows the back of the car as my current location - that is why I pointed it out. Maybe I need to recalibrate somehow? My system no longer switches to night mode at nighttime - I must select it manually. In the morning I must manually switch from night to day mode.

Jim

could you post a picture of what you're saying regarding the dot,

for th day/night scheme, what settings do you have it set?

Hey IDT-

Have you noticed that the speedcams for red light camera's report in KPH in the pop-up? It says MPH but the speed is the KPH value. For example if the red light camera is at an intersection and the speed limit is 35MPH or 56KPH it will report 56MPH. I am not sure if its my port over from your mods or if its something in the code itself. I have noticed it for speed traps that I have added, it pop-ups fine with MPH. Maybe because it knows the speed limit on the road already?

Hey IDT-

Have you noticed that the speedcams for red light camera's report in KPH in the pop-up? It says MPH but the speed is the KPH value. For example if the red light camera is at an intersection and the speed limit is 35MPH or 56KPH it will report 56MPH. I am not sure if its my port over from your mods or if its something in the code itself. I have noticed it for speed traps that I have added, it pop-ups fine with MPH. Maybe because it knows the speed limit on the road already?

check your speedcam.ui for st_speedcam and look if you have this script

runif vTmp 1 'txtSC_SpeedValueMI.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnitMI.HIDE, txtSC_Speed.HIDE, hscSC_Speed.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedValue.HIDE,  txtSC_SpeedUnit.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedNo.HIDE'
	runif vTmp 4 'txtSC_SpeedValueMI.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnitMI.HIDE, txtSC_Speed.HIDE, hscSC_Speed.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedValue.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnit.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedNo.HIDE'

since i haven't had the luck to properly have them say the right speedlimit i just removed the option of setting the speed,

I have read through the post regarding the trip computer and there are a lot more steps to adding this TC. I would rather follow your coding, So far I have done this:

I added the files into my navigatemap_800_480.ui.

Then I added the bitmaps you listed.

Then i copied tripcomputer.ui and tripcomputer_800_480.ui into my data.zip file.

and you are saying that i need to add something into my templates_800_480.ui file and 2 additional bitmaps, Please explain.

1. What do I add this to """onrelease='run sc_tripresetrefresh, ui_NSEWtripcomp.show'""""? Is this for an onmap icon?

2. Should I just follow those instructions and pull the code out from your files including the main.ui file, setting_800_480.ui and variable_def.ui. Some of them are different then yours.

2. there just seems to be alot that was fixed since the instructions were posted and I would rather follow your set of instructions

Thank you hate to be a pain

I have read through the post regarding the trip computer and there are a lot more steps to adding this TC. I would rather follow your coding, So far I have done this:

I added the files into my navigatemap_800_480.ui.

Then I added the bitmaps you listed.

Then i copied tripcomputer.ui and tripcomputer_800_480.ui into my data.zip file.

and you are saying that i need to add something into my templates_800_480.ui file and 2 additional bitmaps, Please explain.

1. What do I add this to """onrelease='run sc_tripresetrefresh, ui_NSEWtripcomp.show'""""? Is this for an onmap icon?

2. Should I just follow those instructions and pull the code out from your files including the main.ui file, setting_800_480.ui and variable_def.ui. Some of them are different then yours.

2. there just seems to be alot that was fixed since the instructions were posted and I would rather follow your set of instructions

Thank you hate to be a pain

hold off for now,

i'll have a complete how to later as soon as i get to work

Here is what I am talking about for the car position. I am sitting about 50' short of the intersection in this situation. Also, regarding day/night, I did have my day/night setting set for automatic. I reselected auto and it switched from night to day mode this morning.

0827091000_01.jpg

Hey, IDT - great work on the mod. I love the look and the functionality that you've included. Can you post the paypal address again?

One request: I know that being that you live in Winnipeg, having a constant read-out of the elevation/altitude is pretty usesless (who needs/wants to know that for the last three hours of driving, your elevation has remained at 240m?). However, living out on the west coast, elevation is constantly changing. And in the winter, the temperature (and whether or not it's freezing) often changes a lot with the elevation.

So, whether in route or not in route, could we get an option to have elevation continuously displayed?

Or is there a bit of code that would be easy enough for a simpleton such as myself to add to the appropriate .ui file?

I know diaftia had one, but his sign/bmp was absolutely tiny - no way I could make that out on a quick glance.

(BTW, in editing the .ui files, are you just using a simple text editor like Notepad or TextEdit? And when you re-zip the DATA.ZIP back up, does one choose the .ZIP option in 7-zip? Every time I've tried to edit something (using Notepad), the DATA.ZIP seems to be corrupt when I re-load it - I get the "PLEASE WAIT FOR START-UP" holding pattern).

Hey, IDT - great work on the mod. I love the look and the functionality that you've included. Can you post the paypal address again?

One request: I know that being that you live in Winnipeg, having a constant read-out of the elevation/altitude is pretty usesless (who needs/wants to know that for the last three hours of driving, your elevation has remained at 240m?). However, living out on the west coast, elevation is constantly changing. And in the winter, the temperature (and whether or not it's freezing) often changes a lot with the elevation.

So, whether in route or not in route, could we get an option to have elevation continuously displayed?

Or is there a bit of code that would be easy enough for a simpleton such as myself to add to the appropriate .ui file?

I know diaftia had one, but his sign/bmp was absolutely tiny - no way I could make that out on a quick glance.

(BTW, in editing the .ui files, are you just using a simple text editor like Notepad or TextEdit? And when you re-zip the DATA.ZIP back up, does one choose the .ZIP option in 7-zip? Every time I've tried to edit something (using Notepad), the DATA.ZIP seems to be corrupt when I re-load it - I get the "PLEASE WAIT FOR START-UP" holding pattern).

paypal address is juliusniiya2yahoo.com

regarding the elevation, i'll figure something out and will have it ready on the next update

regarding the editing, i just use notepad to edit the ui's

regarding the zip, i just zip it back using the zip setting instead of 7z

(who needs/wants to know that for the last three hours of driving, your elevation has remained at 240m?).

that's funny

runif vTmp 1 'txtSC_SpeedValueMI.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnitMI.HIDE, txtSC_Speed.HIDE, hscSC_Speed.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedValue.HIDE,  txtSC_SpeedUnit.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedNo.HIDE'
	runif vTmp 4 'txtSC_SpeedValueMI.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnitMI.HIDE, txtSC_Speed.HIDE, hscSC_Speed.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedValue.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedUnit.HIDE, txtSC_SpeedNo.HIDE'

since i haven't had the luck to properly have them say the right speedlimit i just removed the option of setting the speed,

I thought I was using your speedcam.ui files and I am. I just did a diff on them and they are the same except for a state change that I put in when clicking on something. Maybe your mods are still having this problem too? Or do you mean you removed them someplace else?

I thought I was using your speedcam.ui files and I am. I just did a diff on them and they are the same except for a state change that I put in when clicking on something. Maybe your mods are still having this problem too? Or do you mean you removed them someplace else?

i'll check it out