AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

whoops, I forgot to post the data.zip ... Here it is

You might want to add this into the common.ui file as I found a bug now that I know how to actually use the multiroute stuff. :) Looks like you change the route by long pressing the route selection you want. Didn't know that (thanks N-S-E-W) and this is the code that is needed to support it in the common.ui file.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well here is a graphics updated that I am putting on this thread with Diaftia's permission. This started as just a change to the speedo only screen but after flipping through my own damn quick menu so many times i was getting really annoyed with the tiny buttons. So I made this version which turned out to be a lot easier to write the code for because it uses the same images and locations for both nav screens and non nav screens. Plus I even have room to expand it, for future screens. All and all I think it is a real improvement. and the way I labeled it and organized it I think it will be real easy for other people to make skins for it. SO have at it, and don't forget to post any changes you make.

I am sure some people will be upset because I changed the compass back to the small one I liked, plus the compass is fairly small on the speedo screen, so feel free to make any changes you want.

Changes

-- Elevation the same on nav and non-nav screens.

-- Moved and adjusted stop nav and mute on nav screens.

-- Complete overhaul of quick menu for fat fingers like mine.

-- Complete overhaul of Speedo only screen.

After using it for a while I think I will add a quick menu button to the speedo screen as well. No reason not too.

whoops, I forgot to post the data.zip ... Here it is

here are the screen shots.

Normal Non-Nav Screen:

avic 002.jpg[/attachment]

avic 009.jpg[/attachment]

Speedo Nav Screen:

[attachment=0]avic 008.jpg[/attachment]

This is awesome, any chance you are looking at making the same theme for the ipod interface?

or do you want to post PSD's so I could help out a bit

I just installed your latest update and you are the man. I asked you for a speed display, that us 60+ guys could read, and you exceeded my expectations. Did not get a chance to try any other changes but this alone rocks.

I would like to ask for something else. Could you possibly publish directions on how to use speed cams, and all the other additions that pioneer did not add.

Please send me your paypal account so I can make a donation. Again Thank You!!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!!

Thanks for the donation rollgrinder! Much appreciated. :)

The next update is done I and is designed to make things easier with the multiroute stuff. I just need to look at Keepers redesign a little more and make some decisions. :)

Sure here is the menu file, be sure to upload any additions you make.

[attachment=0]menu.zip[/attachment]

Hey Keeper-

Couple things I noticed when driving home. The current speed shows but there is no speed sign background. Other than that can we make "Setup" say something other than that? Maybe "Extra's" or something equivalent? It just applies that the setup button will be the place to make changes.

Other than that it looks great!

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alex donation sent...keep up the great work. The new enlarged menus seem to be a keeper. Definitely a help with my big fat fingers. One request please put back the larger compass and restore the "speed limit" and "your speed" signs. I also have a suggestion for future revisions. You may want to explore making the background for the turn arrows, etc. transparent, revealing a bit more of the map during a route; the arrows themselves should remain solid. Don't know how easily that can be accomplished. If its too complicated forget I even mentioned it! Now on to a rant (which has nothing to do with your work). What is up with the Teleatlas maps? Like a lot of other people I paid for the official update which came with new? TA maps from 2008. My house location is off by at least 200ft. My son's house location in another state 9 hours from here is off by several hundred ft. POI's show up a mile or more from their physical location. I mean come on my 5 yr old granddaughter could do better with an Etch-a-Sketch & Google. Of course I've sent in corrections to TA, but that just means I get to buy another version which may or may not be correct. The Navteq maps appear to be much more accurate but we loose speed limit info and exit/lane assist signs. What does everyone else do? I'm perfectly willing to pay for new maps but I expect them to be accurate so I can find my way in unfamiliar areas. With the number of errors I see in my home state I find that doubtful. I guess TA thinks within a mile or so is good enough.

Sure I can change it to "Extra's"

That is strange about the speed sign background, because it is there on mine.

OK I will look into it. Could be a situation where its showing when navigating but not navigating or something.

I think I might make some other small changes. I got another multiroute page put into my existing mods. Now I need to reverse engineer my reverse engineering and try to port that over to your mods. ;) In the process I need to put the bigger compass back in and also add the elevation into the speedo screen. I like what you did along the bottom, shrinking things a bit, so I might just add it down there next to the speed and space everything out. I think I also might make it so that instead of showing the destination at the top I will put the next turn. I have never liked that so maybe its time to change it. I would have to think we all know where we are going as far as destination but not really what the next turn is.

Hey Alex donation sent...keep up the great work. The new enlarged menus seem to be a keeper. Definitely a help with my big fat fingers. One request please put back the larger compass and restore the "speed limit" and "your speed" signs. I also have a suggestion for future revisions. You may want to explore making the background for the turn arrows, etc. transparent, revealing a bit more of the map during a route; the arrows themselves should remain solid. Don't know how easily that can be accomplished. If its too complicated forget I even mentioned it! Now on to a rant (which has nothing to do with your work). What is up with the Teleatlas maps? Like a lot of other people I paid for the official update which came with new? TA maps from 2008. My house location is off by at least 200ft. My son's house location in another state 9 hours from here is off by several hundred ft. POI's show up a mile or more from their physical location. I mean come on my 5 yr old granddaughter could do better with an Etch-a-Sketch & Google. Of course I've sent in corrections to TA, but that just means I get to buy another version which may or may not be correct. The Navteq maps appear to be much more accurate but we loose speed limit info and exit/lane assist signs. What does everyone else do? I'm perfectly willing to pay for new maps but I expect them to be accurate so I can find my way in unfamiliar areas. With the number of errors I see in my home state I find that doubtful. I guess TA thinks within a mile or so is good enough.

Thanks for the donation! Much appreciated!

As far as the maps... most of that is in the power of the map companies. One thing you can try is the hacked ezrider and license so you can run newer map files or even Teleatlas maps. Be aware though that you have to replace all the maps in your area if you travel across state line as you cannot route between different vendors' maps. So if California is Navteq you will not be able to route to Nevada if its Teleatlas. They need to be the same brand. Not sure about version.

Here is the license file (ignore the ezrider in this file). Copy this to the APL2/IGo/Content/License directory (leave the existing one)":

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nnzzmywml ... z4avic.zip

This is the updated EZRider.exe file. Copy this to APL2/Igo:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjymoajumzu/ezrider.rar

Here are the NavTeq maps:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4463 ... eaa7bc68bc

Here are the TeleAtlas maps:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4463 ... 49b5870170

In each zip there are several files (I wish there was one big ass zip with all the states but there isnt as far as I can tell). Copy them to the following locations:

Copy the *.3dl files to the APL2\iGo\content\BUILDING directory

Copy the *.fbl files to the APL2\iGo\content\map directory

Copy the *.poi files to the APL2\iGo\content\POI directory

You might run into a situation where the disk will fill up. In that case I deleted the canada maps and poi files since I will never go there in my car. Just make sure you have a backup that you can pull those files from should you ever want them.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for the links but this is something I've already done, hence the rant! I'll just keep my eye out for new maps as they come available and will continue to send in corrections as they are found. I'm pretty sure older stuff won't mix with new but I have not encountered any problems mixing navteq & teleatlas maps and pois from 2009, at least not when I run them on the emulator. Thanks again for your help.

Sure here is the menu file, be sure to upload any additions you make.

[attachment=0]menu.zip[/attachment]

Hey Kevin-

I want to edit the wording so that they sit a little higher and not so along the bottom edge. I see that I can do this on the main menu that comes up when I open the file (with trip comp, dial, speedo, settings, etc) and doing a select all in text and icons and moving them. What I don't understand is how do you get all the images out of this one? I think everything is in place I just don't know how to get the individual images out. I also don't see a bunch of other icon text (although the images are there) for things like that "Set-Up" icon text I want to make "Extra's". What I am getting at is how the heck do I work with this file? :oops: I am not all that skilled in the art of Photoshop. :lol:

To make the individual icons the right size you need to crop each button according to the guides. There is also just one layer of text per icon because text is easy to change. So you can just change the text to what you would like and save the cropped image.

Ah ok... I recorded an action to do the following and it seems to work:

Edit>Copy Merged

File>New.

Paste.

Image>Trim Based on Transparency, Top, Bottom, Left, Right.

So I hit F7 and it does all that then save the image with a name. Just need to make sure I have the right things visible and selected when I do this.

Thanks for the help.