AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Does anybody else have a problem with the loudness of the speedcam warnings?

On my unit the female voice is much to loud!!

Can I just edit the loudness of the soundfiles / .ogg-files or is there a specific setting, which is responsible for the lodness of the warnings?

@ diaftia:

Is there a way to change the icons an the quick launch drop down menu?

I live in germany and in EU we don't have the MSN functions, except for "Traffic" = TMC!

I changed the description of the icon "k_menu_4_4.bmp" from "TRAFFIC" to "TMC", but I want to put that icon and it's function to the position of "k_menu_top_4.bmp", because in germany we don't need MSN!

I hope you understand what I want to have?!

Dozer

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have completely ported my mods over to another mod set. My mods now run on Stanislavovich’s and N-S-E-W’s mods. I have taken all of the layout from the original Keeper mods and ported them over to this new one. This has gotten rid of some of the bugs when coding that I was not able to fix not matter what I did. For example settings saving as they should when you turn off the AVIC. I have created new speed signs and elevation signs that are bigger since many people requested this. There are also added things in the settings that have been adopted to the new mods such as when and what things can be displayed. You can also click on the things like the time to destination and get the time at destination as you could in the original mod set. Also setting the top bar to show the waypoint in green or the next turn in yellow also works on the speedometer screen as well.

This new release features the Stanislavovich tripcomp and Tripdial, the speedometer by Keeper, Diaftia derived from the Gurjon skin. The ported Multiroute from Diaftia and and all new quickmenu by Diaftia.

Thanks to Harvey_Gordon and Fatherfork for doing some exhaustive testing in this version to make sure it was right before release. I think they helped me deliver a higher quality set of mods. :)

Does anybody else have a problem with the loudness of the speedcam warnings?

On my unit the female voice is much to loud!!

Can I just edit the loudness of the soundfiles / .ogg-files or is there a specific setting, which is responsible for the lodness of the warnings?

@ diaftia:

Is there a way to change the icons an the quick launch drop down menu?

I live in germany and in EU we don't have the MSN functions, except for "Traffic" = TMC!

I changed the description of the icon "k_menu_4_4.bmp" from "TRAFFIC" to "TMC", but I want to put that icon and it's function to the position of "k_menu_top_4.bmp", because in germany we don't need MSN!

I hope you understand what I want to have?!

Dozer

Hey Dozer-

Tell you what. i know a lot of people have been wanting a version without MSN and TMC added. What I can do is wait a few days to make sure there are not any bugs found so I am not updating 2 sets of code. I am pretty sure this version is solid but you never know! Then I will release a version with a TMC button instead of the MSN icons. If you can just tell me what the onrelease= value should point to as we do not have TMC and I am not sure what is supposed to happen when you click a TMC button.

That is unless you want me to make a TMC button to look like the rest of the icons for you. I can tell you how to remove the MSN stuff and add in that button. From there you could make the changes and release an update whenever I do in this thread based on the new version.

Let me know how you would like to do it.

Thanks,

Alex

hey DAFTIA, i was wondering how i can get the cruise dial title to show up in the upper left corner like in the other cruise dials. how can i add that? thanks

That is usually done in the state section of the cruisedials.ui file with the proper uselayer command. Something like:

If its not showing up then just add a text line that says "Cruise Dials" in the cruisedials800_480.ui file. Something like the following:

How do i get the speed limit sign on my nav like your image posted earlier. I have enabled it in the setting but all i get is the My speed and Elevation.

Also how do I get my MSN number? Do I have to go back to my orginal software to get the key then perform the mods?

Thanks,

How do i get the speed limit sign on my nav like your image posted earlier. I have enabled it in the setting but all i get is the My speed and Elevation.

Also how do I get my MSN number? Do I have to go back to my orginal software to get the key then perform the mods?

Thanks,

The map data has to have the speed limit for the road you're on. If it doesn't, no speed limit sign will show.

Let's not forget andr2000. Without him not converting Stanislovich's zip to 3.0 we'd be up a creek without a paddle. It's really nice when everything works as intended.

Hey N-S-E-W-

I definitely want to give credit where its deserved! I have updated the first post to include his name.

Thanks!

Thanks,

The map data has to have the speed limit for the road you're on. If it doesn't, no speed limit sign will show.

Yep! Best best is to head out onto a freeway. It will show there 9 times out of 10.

To get your MSN # there is no reason to load the original mods. Just go to the plan mode (from the quick menu), click on the binoculars and you will see the MSN Direct icon to get your status. Either that or press the hard menu button and touch destination.

That is usually done in the state section of the cruisedials.ui file with the proper uselayer command. Something like:

If its not showing up then just add a text line that says "Cruise Dials" in the cruisedials800_480.ui file. Something like the following:

thanks for the suggestion daftia. i basically changed your layer ui header2 to just header, made the background smaller and made the y value 60. now it looks perfect. i think i have done all my mods, only if the trip computer would work properly i would be very happy. anyway thanks for your help sorry for being a pest.