AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I am having issues after doing this mod.

I did exactly as it lined out on page 1 with the new updated links, and for some reason now i cannot add any favorite destinations

I have to say that when i was deleting all the save data, i did not see a favorite.dat to keep so i deleted everything in the save folder...

Did i do something wrong?

Please help....Thanks in advance

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed that almost everything has some transparency to it except for the next turn, and destination time/distance boxes and the other buttons below them, can they be made transparent also?

Try the full screen cockpit mode.

I did exactly as it lined out on page 1 with the new updated links, and for some reason now i cannot add any favorite destinations

I have to say that when i was deleting all the save data, i did not see a favorite.dat to keep so i deleted everything in the save folder...

POI button in the quick menu and then the info button. Either that or go into Plan mode and then click on the cursor icon that is second from the bottom on the left.

I see the settings for smart zoom, but can I turn it off?

Unbelievable work! Donation to your paypal acct. forthcoming!

I also noticed that the option to toggle smart zoom off was gone, making it impossible to hold the horizon where you want it. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or did you do this for a purpose?

Hey Diaftia, just wondering if this is the link for the 3.0 update for my device..

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25838&hilit=f500bt+3+0+3+0+f500&start=45

i really do appreciate all that you've helped me :)

Yep, don't trust me for sure as I don't have a 500, but it looks right to me. Looks like there is a post from yeek with the directions on how to do it about half way down. Nice find.

I also noticed that the option to toggle smart zoom off was gone, making it impossible to hold the horizon where you want it. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or did you do this for a purpose?

I think I have the smartzoom setting working. I will test on the way to work tomrorow. But testing in an emulator seems to work good.

POI button in the quick menu and then the info button. Either that or go into Plan mode and then click on the cursor icon that is second from the bottom on the left.

When i input an address through going to destination and then address, it does not give me an option to save as a favorite.

I see in the mod that you can manage your favorites, but do you add them through address?

I think I have the smartzoom setting working. I will test on the way to work tomrorow. But testing in an emulator seems to work good.

Great! Just yell when it's a go. I assume I'll just need to re-download from page 1 to get it???

Also, could you please re-post your payPal info...there may be others who want to contribute as well if they see it.

When i input an address through going to destination and then address, it does not give me an option to save as a favorite.

I see in the mod that you can manage your favorites, but do you add them through address?

Not too sure what you are asking for. The path that I gave you above leads you to an add to favorites icon. It will then have you pick what spot to save it in and then take you to an address entry screen. By default the current location is populated but you can delete that and enter the address of your choice in. If that is not what you are looking for let me know and we can go from there. :)

Great! Just yell when it's a go. I assume I'll just need to re-download from page 1 to get it???

Also, could you please re-post your payPal info...there may be others who want to contribute as well if they see it.

What is the elevation of the guidance when not using the autozoom feature? When I turn off autozoom it fits the route on the screen and then you have to zoom in to see the street level detail each time. I have a feeling this is not normal? I always use autozoom so how does it normally behave. Not sure if there is a sys.txt variable I am leaving out.

paypal info is ajgregory@me.com :)

Thanks!

I really like the mod. The new cockpit view is awesome. The only feature I would like to see added to the cockpit view would be a mute button. Also, is there a way to have a button to switch from normal navigation view to overview, so you can either see current location or the full route plotted out?

Thanks again. A modest paypal donation is on the way.

Jim

I really like the mod. The new cockpit view is awesome. The only feature I would like to see added to the cockpit view would be a mute button. Also, is there a way to have a button to switch from normal navigation view to overview, so you can either see current location or the full route plotted out?

Thanks again. A modest paypal donation is on the way.

Jim

Hey Jim-

The purpose of the cockpit mode is to keep things clean. If you click on the route direction icon you will get an avoid screen. At the bottom of that screen is a mute button. Pretty easy to get to.

As far as seeing the route just click the quick menu and to to the plan screen. That will show the while route on a map.