AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Alex,Can you help on a couple of things in the new mod please.I am running the latest non msn version of your mod.Is there anyway to stop that 3D grid coming onto the screen everytime you touch it.Also the house numbers are showing on the wrong side of the road ie houses which are on the left the numbers for these are showing on the right.Also the route progress bar has disappeared?...Thank you for your time.

Alex,did you manage to check out the above please?

Sorry about that must have missed this post.

1. The 3D grid (which are the 3D map controls) were added by popular request. The best way is for you to go into the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and comment them out so they do not show. There is a section called navigatemapzoomcontrols3d. Comment out the items in between the layer but make sure you leave the layer in tact so there are not any errors thrown. So make this:

;Tilt Zoom controls when in 3D

Look like this:

;Tilt Zoom controls when in 3D

;	  
;	 
;	
;	
;	

2. The house numbers seem to show up right most of the time which tells me my code is correct but the map data is incorrect. One of my testers found a specific scenario when the house numbers are reversed. His quote was "House numbers are still on the wrong side of the street when traveling east/west (or west/east). They're okay on north/south (or south/north)." I have not been able to verify it but this could be the circumstance you are noticing it. I checked when I left the house traveling in more than one direction and they were all fine. You might try updating your map version and see if it is still doing it.

3. Progress bar only shows when in route replay mode. If you would like to add it to the navigation as well add in this line to the navigatemapbuttons section at the top:

Keep in mind these changes will need to be made again if I release an update but they are pretty simple so that should not be too big of a deal.

Many thanks for your reply Alex.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10/10/09:

1. Turn restrictions toggle with default of off

Alex - this is a nice feature, as the turn restrictions are wrong almost all of the time. But with them turned off, I still get the 2-tone beep when they would normally show. How can I turn that off?

Jim

10/10/09:

1. Turn restrictions toggle with default of off

Alex - this is a nice feature, as the turn restrictions are wrong almost all of the time. But with them turned off, I still get the 2-tone beep when they would normally show. How can I turn that off?

Jim

A two tone beep? I have never heard this before. Is this while navigating or not navigating?

Can anyone else confirm they are hearing this? I just want to make sure it's not scheme related or something.

Hey Diaftia,

I really like your mod, even though I just put it on.

One thing I noticed, though, for those of us living at higher altitudes, is that the Elevation display goes out of the box.

For example, mine says 1 Mile 623 ft... or something like that. But the 1 is out of the box to the left of it.

But instead of making the box bigger, is there any way for it to have the whole thing in feet? So it would just say something like 5900 ft?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Alex,

Have the 10/8 MOD installed. Great job as always. Used it this weekend and missed the voice alert for speed cam. I do not look at the unit all the time and would not know if a speed cam is coming up without the voice alert. Could you put that back and make it so if you want it off you can turn it off. And to go a step further could you do the same for the speed limit voice comand. My eyes are on the road in front of me not the nav unit. Also one more thing when in non nav mode could you add the next cross road coming up to the top section that shows the road your on like Main Street/3RD Street with 3RD Street continually changing to the next cross street. Hopefully the cross road would show up larger so it would be easier to read. Thanks.

A two tone beep? I have never heard this before. Is this while navigating or not navigating?

Can anyone else confirm they are hearing this? I just want to make sure it's not scheme related or something.

With the Turn Restrictions on, I would get the visual indication as well as an audible indication, which is the 2-tone beep (kinda like a fast doorbell - ding-dong). Now when driving, in a route or not, with Turn Restrictions off I don't receive the visual but I still get the beep.

Also, at one time with your mod (I think) the speed camera indicators were very small. Now they are large red. Is there a setting for this, or was this from another mod?

BTW - this is a very nice and usable mod. Your suggestions for muting and canceling route while in cockpit view were very helpful. The cockpit mode along with the smaller, translucent street signs make a very nice looking display.

Jim

I am getting a two-tone sound as well for no reason, but it happens where the turn restriction were showing up. This happens when I am navigating or not. I have the turn restriction currently turned off.

Did you guys that are getting this clear the save files when you installed? I did not get a two tone beep until I turned on speedcam notifications and one popped up. Can you turn off the speedcam verification beep and tell me if you still get it?

Hey Diaftia,

I really like your mod, even though I just put it on.

One thing I noticed, though, for those of us living at higher altitudes, is that the Elevation display goes out of the box.

For example, mine says 1 Mile 623 ft... or something like that. But the 1 is out of the box to the left of it.

But instead of making the box bigger, is there any way for it to have the whole thing in feet? So it would just say something like 5900 ft?

Thanks

Andy

I know IDT had a possible fix but I cannot find the thread now. Let me look into it.

Alex

With the Turn Restrictions on, I would get the visual indication as well as an audible indication, which is the 2-tone beep (kinda like a fast doorbell - ding-dong). Now when driving, in a route or not, with Turn Restrictions off I don't receive the visual but I still get the beep.

Also, at one time with your mod (I think) the speed camera indicators were very small. Now they are large red. Is there a setting for this, or was this from another mod?

BTW - this is a very nice and usable mod. Your suggestions for muting and canceling route while in cockpit view were very helpful. The cockpit mode along with the smaller, translucent street signs make a very nice looking display.

Jim

Large red? As in large red rectangle? Does it look like this:

That means you have a very old version. I am not sure how you could though if you have the cockpit view. The current speedcam should always look like this no matter what:

file.php?id=8375&t=1

Does yours look different?

Also, the two tone doorbell beep is the speedcam verification beep. At least I had always assumed it was. Can you turn off the speedcam verification tone/beep setting and let me know if you still have it?

post-26802-12872759757731_thumb.jpg

Hi Alex,

Have the 10/8 MOD installed. Great job as always. Used it this weekend and missed the voice alert for speed cam. I do not look at the unit all the time and would not know if a speed cam is coming up without the voice alert. Could you put that back and make it so if you want it off you can turn it off. And to go a step further could you do the same for the speed limit voice comand. My eyes are on the road in front of me not the nav unit. Also one more thing when in non nav mode could you add the next cross road coming up to the top section that shows the road your on like Main Street/3RD Street with 3RD Street continually changing to the next cross street. Hopefully the cross road would show up larger so it would be easier to read. Thanks.

1. This is a tough one. I figured with the advanced set of tones that this would be enough. The problem is those audio files are about a 1.5 meg and really make the file huge. As you can see I am already at 11.5MB. On top of that I am not sure how many people really use them. I will look into it. I know there are a lot of scripts that go with the spoken warning but I am sure I want to put them in. Let me do some investigation.

2. It has not been done for the speed limit. That would have to be written as far as I know.

3. That is not possible unless its a directive while navigating. I think the intent is to have the map at a scale where you can see the next road or even two directly. I think this is why many people do not use the 3D mode. The 2D mode offers this much better than the 3D mode.

Sorry for the confusion. Large red as in the bottom picture in your last post. One mod I had (maybe it was IDT's) had a much smaller speed cam icon. I don't really use this feature, but it is nice to see where a speed cam might be. I definitely have the speed cam warning turned off. However, the last 2 versions of your mod (10-8 and 10-10) I only copied the APL/IGO2 files, as the dates didn't change on the others. I did not delete the other files because then I need to reprogram my home address every time. I could try a fresh install of your mod if you think that would help.

I am not sure what you mean by currently busy road. Can you clarify?

I mean the actual street name without navigation, the state always at the top! :?:

The road is always displayed at the top when not navigating unless you go into the navigation display options and turn it off. If you turn the "Current road" setting in the navigation display options to off, the current road will not show at the top when not navigating or at the bottom when navigating. It sounds like you have turned this setting off. Turn it back on and you should be good.

Hi Alex, it was not, alas! Which fonts should be at the Mod in APL2_iGo folder? bnt.ttf, DS-DIGI.ttf, .......