Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Alex,

Have the 10/8 MOD installed. Great job as always. Used it this weekend and missed the voice alert for speed cam. I do not look at the unit all the time and would not know if a speed cam is coming up without the voice alert. Could you put that back and make it so if you want it off you can turn it off. And to go a step further could you do the same for the speed limit voice comand. My eyes are on the road in front of me not the nav unit. Also one more thing when in non nav mode could you add the next cross road coming up to the top section that shows the road your on like Main Street/3RD Street with 3RD Street continually changing to the next cross street. Hopefully the cross road would show up larger so it would be easier to read. Thanks.

1. This is a tough one. I figured with the advanced set of tones that this would be enough. The problem is those audio files are about a 1.5 meg and really make the file huge. As you can see I am already at 11.5MB. On top of that I am not sure how many people really use them. I will look into it. I know there are a lot of scripts that go with the spoken warning but I am sure I want to put them in. Let me do some investigation.

2. It has not been done for the speed limit. That would have to be written as far as I know.

3. That is not possible unless its a directive while navigating. I think the intent is to have the map at a scale where you can see the next road or even two directly. I think this is why many people do not use the 3D mode. The 2D mode offers this much better than the 3D mode.

#2 AND #3 were wish list items not important. #1 I really feel is important and hope you can include in next release. Thanks for your consideration.

Sorry for the confusion. Large red as in the bottom picture in your last post. One mod I had (maybe it was IDT's) had a much smaller speed cam icon. I don't really use this feature, but it is nice to see where a speed cam might be. I definitely have the speed cam warning turned off. However, the last 2 versions of your mod (10-8 and 10-10) I only copied the APL/IGO2 files, as the dates didn't change on the others. I did not delete the other files because then I need to reprogram my home address every time. I could try a fresh install of your mod if you think that would help.

I just verified that there is no beep when the turn restriction icon is present. Can you delete your save files, leave the settings as is and see if there is a beep? From there you can enable/disable stuff once its confirmed. I have a feeling that there is a saved setting from another set of mods that is enabling that beep. Its just not a part of my mods. If that STILL does not work then I will start searching through code. In my mods though (went to lunch today to verify yet again) its not doing it.

Thanks,

Alex

Many thanks in advance, I'll just try it tomorrow.

Hi, diaftia no working the street name! In the dispaly options is current road "on".

Please help me, thanks.

Can you also delete your save files? As you can see there is very much a working current street when not navigating (top):

file.php?id=8370&t=1

and when navigating (bottom):

file.php?id=8375&t=1

If that still does not work please take a picture so I can see what you are looking at.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for looking at the elevation thing.

But I also noticed there is a little "home" icon on the screen, sometimes two of them, with a number next to them that keep changing. What are those?

I know I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks

Andy

Hey Alex,

Thanks for looking at the elevation thing.

But I also noticed there is a little "home" icon on the screen, sometimes two of them, with a number next to them that keep changing. What are those?

I know I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks

Andy

House/Street numbers. You can toggle them in the map display settings.

How come some people are having problems and I am not having any? Are they loading the mod properly? Are they deleting ths SAVE files? I have been using numerous versions of mods since before 2.0, and usually don't don't have any problems unless I copy something wrong.

I am pretty sure its an issue around save files. If someones else's mod sets a setting, and mine doesn't, that setting will remain in tact because there is nothing to change it.

I think I got my mysterious two-tone chirps to stop. Turn off the Lane Warning sound in the Sounds Setting.

Deleting the save files should set that to off. Good way to test though to see if it does fix it without doing so. Nice find.

Hi

thank`s for the good mod.

I`ve a question about "showing the Sky".

How can I get these? You write get out the Semicolons but I don`t find these.

Please can you help me.

And what step`s I must make to get the traffic button.

Thank`s

There are two ways to show the sky. One you can turn off smartzoom and adjust the tilt angle how you see fit by touching the screen. The second way is to leave autozoom on and adjust both of the bottom two sliders (for tilt up and down) all the way to the right.

Setting the proper region in the regional settings should enable TMC.

I think I got my mysterious two-tone chirps to stop. Turn off the Lane Warning sound in the Sounds Setting.

Yep - that fixed mine as well. Confirmed this morning - but haven't had a chance to post.

Jim

I know Boris posted a bunch of stuff in another thread about some of these obscure settings. I will go and get his quotes and gather them altogether. Should help clear up some of this. I know there is some clarification around the speedcam settings (on, full, off, custom). There is also Guidance Superiority. Not sure what that one is but I think its been posted before.