AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that we could get a web browser to work with the avic software instead of having to boot up into win ce? if that could be incorporated.... damn that would be sweet

I agree, it would be awesome to be able to access an internet browser from the AVIC UI without having to boot into testmode!

even if just to check weather and traffic in live realtime, this would be great.

Does anyone think that we could get a web browser to work with the avic software instead of having to boot up into win ce? if that could be incorporated.... damn that would be sweet

I agree, it would be awesome to be able to access an internet browser from the AVIC UI without having to boot into testmode!

even if just to check weather and traffic in live realtime, this would be great.

if WinCE with internet and GPS function is available, I would only need WinCE NAV software and a Music plaver via USB Hard drive. This would allow me to use either WinCE and not miss Pioneers software so much

Miotoo, thank you for this endeavor.. actually this thread should be jump'n

Will WinCE allow use of Google maps software and access the GPS feed.... inother words, can we display google maps with gps position...... fingers crossed........the thought of google in satellite view on my avic is so awesome.......please say yes - please say yes........

I doubt google maps as the windows mobile application it is today, will be able to run on our devices but I'll be happy to stand corrected!

I was typing an email on the little screen with my stylus when my coffee spilled all over my lap. It burned like hell and I reached down to grab the cup off the floor board and ran into the back of the car infront of me on the highway. Darn guy wouldn't get out of my way. To top it off, I don't remember if I hit send or not when I got out of the car. Probably lost my message, oh well.

:D Just kidding, good work!

hey miotoo,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess that means I need to buy a Spectec wifi card? I think I'll do that right away then.

Oh, one other question: when you take the test mode sd card out to put the wifi sd card in, how do you access opera and other progams? when i took the sd card out, my unit rebooted. am i doing something wrong?

thanx!

infochia

hey miotoo,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess that means I need to buy a Spectec wifi card? I think I'll do that right away then.

Oh, one other question: when you take the test mode sd card out to put the wifi sd card in, how do you access opera and other progams? when i took the sd card out, my unit rebooted. am i doing something wrong?

thanx!

infochia

The testmode folder on SD is only required for booting the device into....testmode :wink:

Any other software you want to run, just place it on your flash disk - it isn't touched even by a hard reset. You can also add links to be created on your desktop as is the case with the published testmode 2.3 package, using mortscript, and it will be done in a few seconds when testmode starts. Just edit the copytool.mscr text file as needed...

...so about opera, get it running from the flash disk. Just copy it there - its in the readme.

NooB Allert!

This looks amazing!! If I'm running a stock f90BT with 3.0, how would I do this? Get an sdcard with the current test mode on it, boot up the system, and then put in the other sd card with the wifi drivers on it?

If this has been covered and I missed it, can you direct me to a link that explains?

Many thanks!!

Miotoo, do you know if it is possible to put the testmode files on the actual wifi sd card(i'm not familiar with the limitations of this type of sd card)? That way we would only have to use one sd card to get into testmode and obtain an internet connection. Thanks for your help and advice!

what he said.......

Hey, im kind of confused with all of the questions flying around. But i am going to attempt to set up a script and such to allow us to boot Opera and CE by pressing the button for Voice. as i never use it =] does anyone see any flaws with my idea?

I do use it for IPOD voice control occasionally, But I'd take that trade in a heart beat.....

Hey, im kind of confused with all of the questions flying around. But i am going to attempt to set up a script and such to allow us to boot Opera and CE by pressing the button for Voice. as i never use it =] does anyone see any flaws with my idea?

I do use it for IPOD voice control occasionally, But I'd take that trade in a heart beat.....

how about just having a shortuct on the main menu screen?

Another option would be to use the START_APPLICATION command from a .ui file to launch the browser. I started this thread to discuss the technique but didn't get a chance to try commands like "\My Flash Disk\op\Opera.exe" with an on-screen button.

Then for a button handler, you would use "run sc_launchExplorer" as the onrelease command:

.ui files to be modified is left as an exercise to the reader, I would assume navigatemap_800_480.ui or similar would work if you're adding it to a quick-launch bar (seen elsewhere in the forum).

I would think the appropriate executable to call would be a MortScript that

a) copies the driver DLL to \Windows

B) adds the required registry entries to enable the card (see MioPocket source as an example for this)

c) adds any registry entries required for opera.exe

d) calls opera.exe