AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Set a route thats a distance away. The instructions will take you to a highway or whatever, then when the next instruction is more than 3mi (my settings) it goes into overview mode. Once within 3 mi, the zoom in mode works again as usual. Again, the problem is the position of the cursor when in overview mode. Hope this helps.

So you are you in 3D mode, it switches to 2D mode (overview) then back to 3D when within 3 miles of the next turn and that is when its off?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Today I noticed somehow I lost TMC.

Is it removed? if so...How can I add it again? If not where can I find the settings to turn it on again?

Thnx

Two things...

1. Make sure sys.txt has the proper device set at the top (most likely cause). You can do this with notepad before copying it to the unit.

2. Make sure that the regional settings are set properly in the navigation unit itself.

2 images I made for mine. Camera makes it look meh but looks Great in person. Red with carbon fiber edges.

[attachment=0]IMG_0002.jpg/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_0001.jpg/attachment]

Funny I'm in my driveway but says I'm 570 feet away from my house. :o

Looks good! Only comment I have is that I would flip the image so the CF pattern goes in the same direction as the buttons. I am picky though. Hence the reason I have spent countless hours making sure things line up in these mods. ;)

The cursor is 'off' the mark when in overview mode. In overview it should be in the center of the screen, not on the botton center. This is what I was referring to.

Also, another item I can't seen to find (or get working). HOw do you save into favorites? Nothing I do let's me go there. In manage mode, the fav's are darkened out, & I find no way to add to them. Thanks again.

The cursor is 'off' the mark when in overview mode. In overview it should be in the center of the screen, not on the botton center. This is what I was referring to.

Also, another item I can't seen to find (or get working). HOw do you save into favorites? Nothing I do let's me go there. In manage mode, the fav's are darkened out, & I find no way to add to them. Thanks again.

OK... I have it replicated in an emulator. I will look into it.

When adding a favorite it does it off the location of the cursor in the plan mode screen. Before you would click add favorite, then enter the address then save. Now you would go into plan mode, click address and make the location search. Then click the target and add to favorites. Or just click the

A little shift in thinking on the usage. That is the way the add poi, pin and road blocks work too.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Looks good! Only comment I have is that I would flip the image so the CF pattern goes in the same direction as the buttons.

I dont understand what you mean. :?

If you look at the first picture that you attached in your post, the lines of the red CF slant upwards to the right. The white buttons in the same picture show the CF slanting upwards and to the left. I believe Diaftia was saying that it would look better if the red pattern also went up and to the left. I think that would make it look better too. But It still does look great! Good Job!

I have both bugs fixed with overview mode. The map centering when it goes up to 2DN mode and the bug when you are in 2D and it zooming out and back in. It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, just took some thinking. I will try to get an update posted in the next few days while I make sure it didnt break something else. ;)

If you look at the first picture that you attached in your post, the lines of the red CF slant upwards to the right. The white buttons in the same picture show the CF slanting upwards and to the left. I believe Diaftia was saying that it would look better if the red pattern also went up and to the left. I think that would make it look better too. But It still does look great! Good Job!

Ahhhh....I see. Didnt even notice that. I was going to make some small changes anyway so I'll fix that too. Have to start over though because I forgot to save the stupid thing before I flattened it. :oops:

Btw, the only thing thats carbon fiber is the top and bottom bits. The red is just a pattern I found. 8)

I have both bugs fixed with overview mode. The map centering when it goes up to 2DN mode and the bug when you are in 2D and it zooming out and back in. It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, just took some thinking. I will try to get an update posted in the next few days while I make sure it didnt break something else. ;)

With the update, can you also change the code to 480 instead of 580 for the 'current street - no route'. I tried 520, and 500 and neither fully cleared the bluetooth icon with the longer street names. 480 should be good. I will test it out tomorrow

Ahhhh....I see. Didnt even notice that. I was going to make some small changes anyway so I'll fix that too. Have to start over though because I forgot to save the stupid thing before I flattened it. :oops:

Btw, the only thing thats carbon fiber is the top and bottom bits. The red is just a pattern I found. 8)

You can just flip the image in photoshop and then save it

Does anyone know the best way to look up an address if you don't know the city?

I live in Chicago and know the city very well. Every so often I will need to go to a particular address in the suburbs.

Let's say I need to go to 123 N. Main Street... It won't let me look up an address unless I know the exact city, or suburb. Unfortunately sometimes you might think the address in one suburb, but it's in another.

On my old factory nav if I put in 123 N. Main Street it would list that address in cities in texas, florida, illinois, etc and I could choose the one I wanted.

Has anyone experienced this situation?