AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Quick question.. If i want the Sky in the 3D view in the instruction it says to remove the semicolon in the [maps]. I went in the system.txt but I didn't see any semicolons except for the title [maps] so do i take the title semicolons out or was this download already updated to show the sky in 3d mode? Thanks guys..

Quick question.. If i want the Sky in the 3D view in the instruction it says to remove the semicolon in the [maps]. I went in the system.txt but I didn't see any semicolons except for the title [maps] so do i take the title semicolons out or was this download already updated to show the sky in 3d mode? Thanks guys..

I need to update the thread but keep forgetting to. If you want sky just turn off smartzoom and adjust the map position with the map controls after you touch the map screen once.

I need to update the thread but keep forgetting to. If you want sky just turn off smartzoom and adjust the map position with the map controls after you touch the map screen once.

I also found that if you zoom in close then you have a little better control of how much sky you want to see. Once you have the sky set the way you want you can zoom back out to whatever you like and it should retain the sky at whatever you set it.

Hey Alex, I've been using your mods since the beginning and have been very happy with all of them. With each new mod they just get better & better and I have not had problems with any of them. That said, with the last 2 iterations (V1 & V2) I've noticed something strange. It will not go into 3D mode by pressing the compass. I need to hit either the up or down function on the joy stick control to get it to show 3D. It defaults to 2D when powered up or if I come out of reverse it returns to 2D rather than 3D. This is different than in the past where it stayed wherever I put it. Certainly not a show stopper but curious none the less. I may be missing something in the settings area but I figured I let you know about this in case its a bug. I believe someone else alluded to this as well. Anyway thanks for all you work, looking forward to your next latest & greatest.

Tom

Hey Alex, I've been using your mods since the beginning and have been very happy with all of them. With each new mod they just get better & better and I have not had problems with any of them. That said, with the last 2 iterations (V1 & V2) I've noticed something strange. It will not go into 3D mode by pressing the compass. I need to hit either the up or down function on the joy stick control to get it to show 3D. It defaults to 2D when powered up or if I come out of reverse it returns to 2D rather than 3D. This is different than in the past where it stayed wherever I put it. Certainly not a show stopper but curious none the less. I may be missing something in the settings area but I figured I let you know about this in case its a bug. I believe someone else alluded to this as well. Anyway thanks for all you work, looking forward to your next latest & greatest.

Tom

I figured that this was a calibration thing. I used the compass to switch views this morning on my way in. Can you try calibrating in the system options and see if that helps? If not I will need some way to have you guys show me what is going on. Do you have a phone that does video? Either that or give me a way to replicate it. Also make sure you delete your save files before doing all this to verify that there are no conflicts. Other than that you are welcome to try my beta version. Let me know what you would like to do.

Alex

I also found that if you zoom in close then you have a little better control of how much sky you want to see. Once you have the sky set the way you want you can zoom back out to whatever you like and it should retain the sky at whatever you set it.

I should also mention that you can adjust the smartzoom tilt settings all the way to the right if you want to keep that on. That will put about 3/4 inch of sky at the top in 3D and retain the smartzoom feature.

OK Alex, I did calibrate the screen once again and still see the same results. Just to clarify I can change the 2D views by pressing the compass, switching between map up and north up. It will momentarily switch to 3D before reverting back to 2D. I do delete the files in the save folder before I put on a new mod to make sure there are no conflicts between versions. This isn't a big deal since I can still get to 3D using the joy stick, but its just weird. I will see if I can replicate this on the emulator. If you like send me the beta & I'll check it out. Just know I'll be away starting Friday and won't have access to the car until after Christmas. Thanks.

Tom

OK Alex, I did calibrate the screen once again and still see the same results. Just to clarify I can change the 2D views by pressing the compass, switching between map up and north up. It will momentarily switch to 3D before reverting back to 2D. I do delete the files in the save folder before I put on a new mod to make sure there are no conflicts between versions. This isn't a big deal since I can still get to 3D using the joy stick, but its just weird. I will see if I can replicate this on the emulator. If you like send me the beta & I'll check it out. Just know I'll be away starting Friday and won't have access to the car until after Christmas. Thanks.

Tom

Man I dont even know how you would access it via the joystick. That is supposed to zoom when going up/down and then change station left to right. I dont get how some things are working fine on some units and not on others.

Looking for a couple of testers. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Ok, I just spent most of the day testing out the beta. I had NO memory issues to report at all. I tried several routes interchangeable and even this has caused no memory issues. The new silkver speed dial was a little hard to get used to, but now I can honestly say that I like it better than the last and I really liked that one.

I did have one minor issue though being a night time driver. The speedometer was fine by itself, but the white on the sides when on route was to distracting while driving. This could be just me and the way my AVIC is positioned in my car. During the day, it was no problem and looked good. However, because I do a lot of night driving though, I have changed the sides to a darker color which actually looks nice and is not as blinding in the dark. I did this just for myself, but if you want to use this, be my guest. This now causes no distracvtion for me whatsoever.

Looking for a couple of testers. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Ok, I just spent most of the day testing out the beta. I had NO memory issues to report at all. I tried several routes interchangeable and even this has caused no memory issues. The new silkver speed dial was a little hard to get used to, but now I can honestly say that I like it better than the last and I really liked that one.

I did have one minor issue though being a night time driver. The speedometer was fine by itself, but the white on the sides when on route was to distracting while driving. This could be just me and the way my AVIC is positioned in my car. During the day, it was no problem and looked good. However, because I do a lot of night driving though, I have changed the sides to a darker color which actually looks nice and is not as blinding in the dark. I did this just for myself, but if you want to use this, be my guest. This now causes no distracvtion for me whatsoever.

Great to hear about the memory issues. I think it was the green recalculate arrow that was causing the system to go over its abilities on a recalc. That and the animated cursor. Both make for overall better performance of the system.

I am not married to the lighter color at all. Feel free to send them over. Looks good.

I am not married to the lighter color at all. Feel free to send them over. Looks good.

ok, I sent them to you, the only thing is that you have to change the font colour in the boxes as it blends right in and is difficult to see. I used the same font colour as your next street en-route, and this seems to work perfectly.