AVIC411.com

Just installed the update on my avic-z1 this weekend. After getting back into the unit, my phone volume in the z1 was reset back to the lowest setting, but all other settings were untouched (wasn't thorough in my inspection).

I made a phone call to test the unit with the same person I'd been testing wtih since I installed the thing and she noted that I sounded noticeably clearer than before. I made no changes to speaker output (I use both L+R) nor mic placement (on my driver's sun visor). I thought her voice was a bit low so I upped the volume on the z1. Now keep in mind I have my cell phone's bluetooth mic and headset gains set to the minimum so my settings might vary with yours. I increased the z1 volume to one bar short of full and found that this volume level was just above what I had previously had prior to my update and found the audio to be a level where the speech was much more intelligible and my caller reported no echo. I went max volume on the z1, putting her voice at a slightly higher level than I'd like (never got close to this before!) and still she said there was no echo!

So... for me at least this is good enough for now. Thanks very much for finding this :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Tooth CD update indeed cures the parking brake lockout problem by using AVIC411.com's "Two wire Fix".

My Z1 is a May 2006 model, by updating the software, I was able to ground out the parking brake wire along with the "un-used" pin on connector 2 to disable the lockout. Thank you AVIC411.com for the 2 wire fix and the software update. The Z1 works just fine.

Hopefully somebody can help me out with this. I went ahead and downloaded the bluetooth fix through Ducati's site and Rapidshare. I saved the compressed folder on to my desktop and then uncompressed it and burned the uncompressed folder onto a cd. I inserted the cd into my z1 and all it said on the screen was that a cdrom was inserted. I tried just putting the actual file onto a cd without the folder and it stated the same thing. I tried putting it onto a dvd and it still didnt work. What could be the problem? I hate having the bluetooth in my car and not being able to use it. Please help someone. Thanks a bunch!!!

I have a March 06 unit. I'm installing this is my 05 acura TSX in about 3 weeks or so.

Do you guys think it is ok to do the connector 2 bypass before installing the cd update?

Or will it not make any difference in which order it is done?

Well it won't really do anything but pop up a warning about your parking brake not being installed right which you would need to reset the Z1 to get rid of it (level 1). But it shouldn't hurt anything. But it won't be bypassed till you do the update cd.

Steve, I grabbed the bluetooth image from you and have put it up on my server cause I've got spare bandwidth available to alleviate your server

I'll update the link on the first page. Thanks. But even with my $9/month hosting. They give me tons of bandwidth. This file has been downloaded almost 400 times for a total of 3+ gigs of bandwidth just for this file and so far that's 0.47% of my total use for the month. My account can handle it. But thanks, never hurts to have a mirror. :)

For some reason, I can't get my disc to load onto my Z1.

I downloaded the ISO --> CD freeware from the link Ducatiboy listed.

After using the freeware program to burn a CD-R, I put it in the Z1, on the map screen (like others have noted) and nothing. All it says is "CD-Rom Inserted."

Obviously I'm missing something here....

I even took the disc I burned and copied it into a folder on my hard drive. I noticed that a lot of the file extensions were xxx.000 (the xxx being .dll or .exe or .wav for some examples). For an experiment, I removed all the .000 extensions and burned a disc like that... still no go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It's worth a try, but that shouldn't be the problem since the other posts are of guys using just a CD-R.

Anyway, maybe I've got something wrong from the beginning.

These are the main headings on my burned cd:

CONF (folder)

RENEWAL (folder)

SDATA (folder)

and

0_option.dat

DISCINFO.txt

DISKID.dat

In the SDATA folder, all the file extensions were .000 until I changed them... not sure if I was suppposed to.

It seems like there isn't a file amongst the main headings that the Z1 would recognize as the initiation of an upgrade disc....

Maybe I'm just screwing up somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

For some reason, I can't get my disc to load onto my Z1.

I downloaded the ISO --> CD freeware from the link Ducatiboy listed.

After using the freeware program to burn a CD-R, I put it in the Z1, on the map screen (like others have noted) and nothing. All it says is "CD-Rom Inserted."

Obviously I'm missing something here....

You have to hit the MAP button. If you are on an AV screen, it will sit there for days and not update anything. Once you hit MAP it will go (I don't know if that was your problem).

I even took the disc I burned and copied it into a folder on my hard drive. I noticed that a lot of the file extensions were xxx.000 (the xxx being .dll or .exe or .wav for some examples). For an experiment, I removed all the .000 extensions and burned a disc like that... still no go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You can burn the files and name the CD the same name the image is, but don't get rid of the .000 on the end. I tried removing those and copying over the files manually to the hard drive and it didn't work.

But if you burn a disk with all those files exactly like the CD has, with all the .000 appended to the name it should work. Those .000 should be there.