AVIC411.com

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after some testing I have the Echo issue and according to my callers its pretty bad. They all say that they can hear a clear echo after every word. I have a samsung T-809 and tried paring the phone with the voice volume all the way down but it was no help. I havent tried the update but according to everyone it should already be part of my Z-1 since it was manufactured in OCT. I have the Z1 call volume three bars away from the max, any lower then that and I cant hear the callers. I've also tried different MIC placements but that was no help. Does anyone else have anything I could try to get rid of this terrible echo?

Yes, out of the people who posted here, I believe I'm the only one.

count me in!

I luckly also made an Acronis backup prior to this..... what finally worked is that i mounted the ISO as a drive using Nero..... then manually created the CD by dragging and dropping the files to the CD and renamed the volume to the same as the ISO.... burnt it and voila the update went fine!

This is after a few attempts with restored images and trying the update again!

looks like i had the same issue with that one jpg.000 file.... the ISO itself read fine though...funky problem...

my BT echo is much improved.... not perfect, but a lot better.

Sam

You know, the only two problems with the update are on hdd's that were unlocked and played with. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

I'm so pleased with my flasher bypass I hate to install the software update. I'm going to try to repair with low volume and see how it works. I have foam around the mic now, and that really helps some. Maybe the repair will be sufficient for me. However, one day I will need an update for something and you can bet the ranch i will lose the flasher bypass when that happens.

You know, the only two problems with the update are on hdd's that were unlocked and played with. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

it's coincidental..... i went back and tried to read the jpg image that gave ducatiboy the problem and i too could not read it off the CD..... so, i think there is something 'special' about the iso, or our setups that FUBARs the file... manually re-creating the image by dragging and dropping it into a new compilation in Nero did the trick!

If anything i think it's because our PCs are moded!!! ;-)

Sam

Does anyone know if this update works with the AVIC-N3 and CD-BTB100?

I've had some people reporting some bad echo using this combination. I'm having a hard time believing a product this poor made it out the door at Pioneer.

I've tried adjusting fader to just one speaker every time I'm on a call and lowering the volume to where it's very hard to hear the caller. Not good solutions if you ask me.

I installed the bluetooth system into my unit today, it had been on backorder. I have a March 6th unit. The jury is still out on it as I only talked to two people today. One said it was feeding back in his phone, while the other person said that it was not. Will do more testing tomorrow.

I have the CD coming, but I don't want to give up the bypass if I don't have to.

I've read several mentions here about setting up the bluetooth so that the sounds comes out of the RIGHT Hand speaker "only" to help improve the sound. Mine, currently is coming out of the left side, which is also the side of the mic. OK, I need your help here - I've looked at every inch of the owners manual on the Z1 and I've hit and opened every option on the screen and NOWHERE to I see how to make the speaker adjustment just for the phone. I found it for the music side of things OK, but I understand there is still another adjustment somewhere. Please advise where it is. I greatly appreciate you help.

I installed the bluetooth system into my unit today, it had been on backorder. I have a March 6th unit. The jury is still out on it as I only talked to two people today. One said it was feeding back in his phone, while the other person said that it was not. Will do more testing tomorrow.

I have the CD coming, but I don't want to give up the bypass if I don't have to.

I've read several mentions here about setting up the bluetooth so that the sounds comes out of the RIGHT Hand speaker "only" to help improve the sound. Mine, currently is coming out of the left side, which is also the side of the mic. OK, I need your help here - I've looked at every inch of the owners manual on the Z1 and I've hit and opened every option on the screen and NOWHERE to I see how to make the speaker adjustment just for the phone. I found it for the music side of things OK, but I understand there is still another adjustment somewhere. Please advise where it is. I greatly appreciate you help.

page 156 on the top of the page....i guess you didn't check that inch. And you dont give up the bypass....it allows you to use the 2 wire bypass which is even easier to do.....

page 156 on the top of the page....i guess you didn't check that inch. And you dont give up the bypass....it allows you to use the 2 wire bypass which is even easier to do.....

Yes, updating your older Z1 with the bluetooth cd will make it so you can't bypass it with my circuit (or manually flashing your headlights) and you can bypass it with the 07/06 bypass method.

And... I don't know if it's "easier". It is cheaper. But if you already have my (or a different) circuit installed, then putting in that CD means that you have to yank your head unit out to bypass it again. And for some people they don't have the skills to install things or even ground wires, those people flash the headlights manually. Modifying the stock harness and grounding 2 wires may not be easier for those people either.

I don't know if I would say one is "easier" than the other judging by the VERY large number of people who don't understand the "pull an unused wire from another spot in the connector and stick it into this other location" instructions I have on my site. You have no idea how many emails and PM's I have had to answer trying to help people with the 2 wire ground method. But it is [c]cheaper[/b] and to many people spending $1500+ on a nav system, that seems to be another very important facet.

OK, I need your help here - I've looked at every inch of the owners manual on the Z1 and I've hit and opened every option on the screen and NOWHERE to I see how to make the speaker adjustment just for the phone. I found it for the music side of things OK, but I understand there is still another adjustment somewhere. Please advise where it is. I greatly appreciate you help.

Do you mean:

MENU - SETTINGS - VOLUME

That has phone specific volume settings.

If you don't want to update your Z1, what worked really well for me was turning down the volume on your phone's ear piece before pairing the phone with the Z1. That helped quite a lot.

Thank you for the page number, I missed it I guess because I was looking in the chapter on the bluetooth functions.

I guess I fall into the mass's of those that aren't electrical savay, as I do the headlight flashing routeing. To be honest, what stops me from doing the two wire bypass is knowing how to pull the head. I noticed when the installer did my unit, he had three different interior pieces removed to be able to pull the head. I know it must be simple, but I never watched how he removed those pieces without using a pry bare to screw up the edges of the interior. If I ever did it once I could do it again a thousand times over.

I bet I'm not alone here, so maybe someone could give us a quick leason on how to remove those moldings without messing them up.

This is a totaly differant issue, but I have a Razor phone and I sat there yesterday for three hours transfering 300+ phone numbers to the Z1 - one at a time. When I got done, I checked the phonebook in the Z1 and was surprised to see that it had reversed the names for everyone. I had them listed in my phone by: First name, Last name. Now they are reversed with last name first. That is not a big issue for people, but it really does a number on business names and I had a lot of those. Today I will need to go manually change everyone of those - yuc. Pioneer should fix that problem!!!

Well after some testing I have the Echo issue and according to my callers its pretty bad. They all say that they can hear a clear echo after every word. I have a samsung T-809 and tried paring the phone with the voice volume all the way down but it was no help. I havent tried the update but according to everyone it should already be part of my Z-1 since it was manufactured in OCT. I have the Z1 call volume three bars away from the max, any lower then that and I cant hear the callers. I've also tried different MIC placements but that was no help. Does anyone else have anything I could try to get rid of this terrible echo?

Iversonbiatch,

I also have an Oct -06 Unit that had the bluetooth update already present when I tried to update so I didn't have to use the cd. I did a level 3 reset to erase the existing phone and paired my phone again with the "listening" volume at its lowest setting. This along with proper mic placement, this help me tremendously. I have the Treo 650 and have not had 1 complaint since I reset and repaired. I also have ALL my speakers playing at at loud volume with no echo. The key is the "listening volume" when you initially pair the phone. I hope this helps.

Kleenkut13