AVIC411.com

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a Blackberry 8700 here? I can't locate anything on the phone or searching online that indicates how one can adjust the mic gain, so I can try re-pairing as described here....

Thanks

I have an 8700 and what I lowered before re-pairing was the volume on the scroll wheel. So call someone before you re-pair and scroll the wheel until you only see about a 1/4 pie on the volume indicator in the top right corner of the screen.

Mine is working prefectly and my previous echo was unbearable.

they probably would send you one. but the downloads here do work, its something on your end, cuz countless people have used it. check media, like dvd or cd, try different brands, make sure you burn the iso as an image, and possibly extract the files and burn directly to disk as a data disk.

After loading the bluetooth fix, has anyone noticed the dimming changes on the AV screens when the headlights are on? I think they tweaked the "night mode" of the AV screen even more than just dimming the brightness, it looks like the inverted the color scheme or something.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed.

Hmm, my June 06 unit inverted before the update, and still inverts after it. This is new for you?

I assume you mean how the normally white areas become black, in addition to other differences that I can't recall at the moment.

The map did, but the AV (CD, Sat, iPod, etc) did not. The map did invert but the AV screens just dimmed.... at least that what I seem to remember. And the AV screens now don't invert, but they change their color scheme I think to something more "night like". If it wasn't for zeros' post I would have thought I was going crazy.

Hey ttkresurfacing,

I just updated my Z1 last night with the disc and it worked fine. And I downloaded the software from this website. Why don't you call me this evening (Wed) at around 7:00 PM EST and I'll walk you through it all. I had similar problems at first but it wasn't the burned disk. My number is 419-293-9687. If you can't get me at that number, call my cell at 419-722-2103. Also, I have digital phone so I don't pay for long distance, so when you call, we can hang up and I'll call you right back to save you the bill.

Also, in the future when buying your disks, try to find Sony brand disks. They are the most reliable discs I have ever used.

Cheers,

Kevin

By the way, for those who still have the phone echo probem, I eliminated all of my echo problems last night. I called my mom and talked to her for about 1/2 hour for the purpose of finding the best position for the mic and the best phone voice volume level. And of course for the purpose of just talking to mom. Anyway, I discovered that the optimum placement for the microphone was up high on the trim panel above my driver side door, near my head and aiming the mic straight up in the air towards the headliner. My party now hears me perfectly clear and gets no echo on their end whatsoever. And my phone voice volume is set to 3/4 of the way up, so i can hear my party just fine. Hey, that's what mom's are for right? THANKS MOM!

problems? think your confused. the update and the flasher are not really related other then how they work. they dont cause each other problems with or without it. if you install the bluetooth update you for sure wont need the flash. the update corrects the echo problem a bit and a few little things such as the way the bypass needs to be done

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum, I have just read the 12 pages worth of talk you guys have here! I just wanted to get 1 thing straight about this whole Bluetooth issue, sometimes I'd get confused on which volume exactly to change. I'm getting my Z1 tomorrow along with all these accessories! Can't wait!

So anyways, my question is: I have a Treo 700p and I'm wondering which volume control do I have to lower before I pair it with the Z1. There is regular phone volume and the ear piece volume. I assume it's the ear piece volume correct?

Do I lower it as LOW as possible, like at 0, pair the phone, and then work with the Z1 Volume? I'm assuming that the regular listening volume of the set will be untouched...

I'm think my unit will come with the update already but we'll see..

Thanks in advance!