AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bigdaddyjosh. I've been looking to learn how the 8400 Advanced App Mode compares to AR1 or AR2.

Looking forward to my install this week to test all these Iphone apps an JB tweaks. I have a relay for the parking brake but I think I'm going to try the switch to ground wiring first invade firmware updates mess with the relay like with AR1

Thanks for all your hard work Mike on the AppEx code.

I can confirm that the current beta of appradio extensions does pretty well work with the Appradio 2. The TV out can be a little flaky. Sometimes it will show the Appradio app on the screen and when it springs to load the app you've selected, the screen will go black and show the parking break warning. And sometimes it will spring to load the app and it will output just fine. Lots of re-springing and re-starting to get it to work properly someimes which is difficult while driving and time consuming with my iPhone 4 (not as bad with my wife's iPhone 4S). The touch works really well, I don't usually have that much of a screen mapping issues depending on the app (small touch areas are obviously more difficult). The known app switching bug can be a little annoying but the last few times I've plugged my phone in I haven't had the problem. My current biggest gripe isn't related to app extensions, but with the GPS antenna. Have it mounted on my dash in a Honda CR-V and basically get no signal. Once I unplug the iPhone cable, the app gets a GPS signal from the built-in chip right away. Not looking forward to taking the dash apart again to fiddle with the plug and location.

hi guys, Mike just wanna say great work.

reading through this thread I noticed a lot of people mentioning the brake wire issue. I've had my AR2 in for about a month now and on installation I just cut the brake wire from the HU into the negative from the HU and job done never had the warning come up about applying the handbrake.

I've installed the app ext which does as advertised except the touch screen on the HU. I'm just getting a mirror image. TBH i haven't played with it too much to try and get the touch screen to work on the HU.

Also I get the same issue with GPS dropping as soon as I plug my iPhone 4 in. It does it with all Nav software (TomTom, Navigon, AA etc) except ones that pioneer make available to work on AR's. I think the issue is that when you plug your phone in it switches off the GPS in the phone and that is what these nav programmes are trying to use? Just a thought as they work up to plugging the phone in to the HU. I'm in no way a programmer or anything but this is what I've guessed is happening. any suggestion anyone?

Cheers

Oz

Just purchased Appradio 2. Following the threads. Question: Is there any advantage of using AppRadio Extensions over AppRadio +? I do have a jailbroke iPhone, so in my lurking, it seems AppRadio Extension is the easiest way to go to get extra functionality, unless I'm missing something. Thank you in advance for feedback.

Didjit

Hi Mike, it appears I may actually be going with an AR2 with a new car purchase I will be doing in a few months. I tested your latest beta with the unit at my local shop the other day but wasn't able to get any results that it will work with the AR2. By any chance do you plan on acquiring an AR2 soon to do testing?

Hi Mike, it appears I may actually be going with an AR2 with a new car purchase I will be doing in a few months. I tested your latest beta with the unit at my local shop the other day but wasn't able to get any results that it will work with the AR2. By any chance do you plan on acquiring an AR2 soon to do testing?

I don't plan on opening up my dash any time soon. I'm still trying to figure out why there is a difference. The AppRadio app should work the same way on both devices.

I don't plan on opening up my dash any time soon. I'm still trying to figure out why there is a difference. The AppRadio app should work the same way on both devices.

If people ponied some donations, he could probably afford the AR2 to put on a bench to test it out as well... just sayin :rolleyes:

This is great! I have just tested the beta and it looks good on the Pioneer AVH-8400BT.

a couple of things i have noticed...

I tried to run angry birds on the display to see if it works like they advertise on the hackradio, it is very laggy but the weirdest part i have seen is the swipe action is backwards. for instance if i swipe from right to left on the iphone screen the i would be moving the screen towards the left, if i do this on the pioneer screen it moves the screen in the opposite direction.

also i tried to click onto a specific point on the screen (un pause button on the top left) but it didnt register instead launched safari as if i was tapping on the ads on the right side.

I do have a feature request but this is probably something that might/wont work... could there be a way of having 2 apps working at once? for instance one app running on the pioneer screen like a nav (tomtom, navgate) and another app running on the iphone (imessage, email)

I have my iphone mounted in view currently as i have been using it as a tomtom and to have the same thing running on both screens seem a waste. if only there was a way of using this like a second screen rather than a mirror display

This is great! I have just tested the beta and it looks good on the Pioneer AVH-8400BT.

a couple of things i have noticed...

I tried to run angry birds on the display to see if it works like they advertise on the hackradio, it is very laggy but the weirdest part i have seen is the swipe action is backwards. for instance if i swipe from right to left on the iphone screen the i would be moving the screen towards the left, if i do this on the pioneer screen it moves the screen in the opposite direction.

also i tried to click onto a specific point on the screen (un pause button on the top left) but it didnt register instead launched safari as if i was tapping on the ads on the right side.

I do have a feature request but this is probably something that might/wont work... could there be a way of having 2 apps working at once? for instance one app running on the pioneer screen like a nav (tomtom, navgate) and another app running on the iphone (imessage, email)

I have my iphone mounted in view currently as i have been using it as a tomtom and to have the same thing running on both screens seem a waste. if only there was a way of using this like a second screen rather than a mirror display

yes i know it is because for some reason by accident this will happen to me. it has something to do with the backgrounder type software used

• RonS locked this topic