AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start for saying thanks to mikedecaro for all the hard work he has put into this App. Without you I would of probably ripped out the unit by now and sold it or threw it in the bin.

Ok I have a couple of issues that I hope you can clear up.

1. First one is boot time on my App Radio 2. It seems like my boot time is very long compared to your video you posted on the first page. Please watch video below to see what I mean.

2. Landscape lock not normalizing after phone detached from dock. Once I've finished using the dock it seems like the screen lock stays on landscape even thou I've locked it to portrait.

3. TomTom directions voice not turning off. For some reason when I use TomTom UK I can't seem to turn off the directions voice ...even thou the voice is muted , I still here directions via voice.

4. One thing missing which I would absolutely love is controlling the tracks via steering wheel button. Do you have any plans to employment this function ?

1. Not sure why yours is so slow. I only have an AppRadio 1 to test with but the launch time of the AppRadio app is much faster. Maybe someone else can answer?

2. This is a known issue. Still working on it.

3. I don't modify the audio output in any way. Sounds like an issue with the app or the radio.

4. The steering wheel buttons already work with any app that support the controls on the lock screen/switcher.

Many thanks for that great app!

Could you say something for the iOS 6 release of this App?

Thank you!

Last I checked, it wasn't looking too good. AppEx heavily relies on Backgrounder to keep the AppRadio app running while another app is on the iPhone screen. iOS 6 changed a whole lot on the back end so Background no longer functions.

I'm still working on getting my source code ready to post on Github. Things have been a bit crazy here with the hurricane so development has slowed a bit. Once I get the source code posted, I'll take another look at iOS 6.

hi,

i'm having some bugs on 8400 bt using advance mode (iphone 4 jb - 5.0.1).

1) when i listen to ipod audio is worst if i use advanced mode (on ipod mode is good).

2) also sometimes if i switch from advanced mode to ipod (or cd or radio) when i come back to app advanced mode screen is black and i've to restart appradio on iphone

3) some apps don't have a way to come back to home and i've to restart appradio on iphone

4) facebook on ec touch don't work (tough i've bought advanced package)

5) a bit of delay using supported and unsupported app

6) touch screen of avh 8400 is too sensible

do you know hot to solve them?

Thanks

hi,

i'm having some bugs on 8400 bt using advance mode (iphone 4 jb - 5.0.1).

1) when i listen to ipod audio is worst if i use advanced mode (on ipod mode is good).

2) also sometimes if i switch from advanced mode to ipod (or cd or radio) when i come back to app advanced mode screen is black and i've to restart appradio on iphone

3) some apps don't have a way to come back to home and i've to restart appradio on iphone

4) facebook on ec touch don't work (tough i've bought advanced package)

5) a bit of delay using supported and unsupported app

6) touch screen of avh 8400 is too sensible

do you know hot to solve them?

Thanks

This has zero to do with appex, it is your headunit and phone

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike! I just picked up this Radio because I read about your great work, and the functionality that you enabled it to perform. It seemed like a gimmick at first that wasn't going to be very functional in the way I wanted to us it. Now since you have done the work that you have, you may just have saved this piece of equipment. I'm going to start installing it tommorow. look for my donation soon. Ill post before and after pics. 1997 Yukon GT modifying from a 1 din to 2 din

Thanks

Mike this has been great! I probably would have also gotten rid of the appradio a long time ago without it.

Would it be easy to program displaying the current playing song name (artist/song name) in the center in between the battery status and time on the top of the app?

Thanks for everything you have done!

Would it be easy to program displaying the current playing song name (artist/song name) in the center in between the battery status and time on the top of the app?

Shouldn't be too difficult. I switched from Rdio to Spotify and it annoys me that there is no AppRadio interface. I'm going to see if I can show the current playing song in the AppRadio app, and then when you press on it a window pops up with the album art and some controls.

Hey Mike,

i have Pioneer AVH 8400 and iPhone 4s.

I have some questions:

1. I noticed that with your app, the navigation apps (like Sygic, iGO, tomtom...) is smaller than the 7" screen. The same "problem" is when im using Safari browser (apps have 1cm black screen on left/right).

Is this problem of resolution? Can you make working apps on full screen (7")? :)

2. Another problem i found is, that the quality of the Extension apps are not so good like the original (the Icon of the programs are litle more transparent that the original Icon). When i say original Icon, i mean the original supportet apps from Pioneer (like Car Media Player, Aupeo!,Mixtrax...).

You can see the difference if you have some original app, which work via appmode (iGO, Navgate, ...).

I have iGo Primo and i can see the difference between original iGo icon and non original iGo icon with this Extention options. Do you need some photo or video - i can show you :)

3. The last problem i noticed is, when im using some apps working with Extentions (like iGo navigation or some other app like Safari..) the program run very slow and the touch screen are not good :(

I hope that this is the reason of "beta" :)

4. Do you know, how can i listen the FM RADIO when im using Appradio? (i would like to use navigation apps and listen the FM RADIO) - is this possible?

You are doing realy great job, thank you for this!

1. I noticed that with your app, the navigation apps (like Sygic, iGO, tomtom...) is smaller than the 7" screen. The same "problem" is when im using Safari browser (apps have 1cm black screen on left/right).

Is this problem of resolution? Can you make working apps on full screen (7")? :)

2. Another problem i found is, that the quality of the Extension apps are not so good like the original (the Icon of the programs are litle more transparent that the original Icon). When i say original Icon, i mean the original supportet apps from Pioneer (like Car Media Player, Aupeo!,Mixtrax...).

You can see the difference if you have some original app, which work via appmode (iGO, Navgate, ...).

I have iGo Primo and i can see the difference between original iGo icon and non original iGo icon with this Extention options. Do you need some photo or video - i can show you :)

3. The last problem i noticed is, when im using some apps working with Extentions (like iGo navigation or some other app like Safari..) the program run very slow and the touch screen are not good :(

I hope that this is the reason of "beta" :)

4. Do you know, how can i listen the FM RADIO when im using Appradio? (i would like to use navigation apps and listen the FM RADIO) - is this possible?

1. The mirrored image maintains the aspect ratio of the iPhone screen. If I change it to fill the screen, it will be stretched. I also use the left and right bars as the "Home" button so there would be no way to close an app.

2. I don't create the icons. I simply copy them from their respective apps. I'll take a look though.

3. Not sure why the screen gets slow sometimes. I've noticed this too. I think it has something to do with the graphics engine powering two screens at the same time.

4. Not sure about your head unit. On the AppRadio, you just double press the radio's home button and a menu opens on the left where you can switch the audio from the iPhone to the radio.

1. Ok, i understand.

2. I will take some photos or videos to show you in next days.

3. On my is toooo sloooow :( can you fix this problem?

4. No, on my device i cannot double press the radios home button. In my appradio - there are not radio stations, becouse i have radio stations in the "primary" software (when im not in the appradio).

Hello.

Ok here is a photo and you can see the difference between original (left) application (iGo Primo), and the non original (right) application (iGo Primo with your extensions in settings).

Bad quality can be seen even when you are using navigation (streets name, car, roads....).

img0928.jpg

And here is video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_H_LXPnVo&feature=youtu.be

Hello.

Ok here is a photo and you can see the difference between original (left) application (iGo Primo), and the non original (right) application (iGo Primo with your extensions in settings).

Bad quality can be seen even when you are using navigation (streets name, car, roads....).

It's most likely because I'm pulling the app's icon and displaying it there. The image probably isn't a large enough resolution to fill the entire button so it's stretching.

• 2 weeks later...

New to AppRadio - have an Iphone 4 32GB w/ IOS 6.01 and planning on doing the tethered jailbreak later this evening. To get the AppRadio Extensions working all I need to do is download this and Backgrounder via Cydia? Also - have the TR7 + relay bypass in place - I'm assuming this is a prerequisite for AppRadio extensions? Thanks.

• RonS locked this topic