AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Does anyone know how to bypass the new models? It appears that Pioneer has changed something in the units to where the bypass doesn't work. I'm not sure if it is true but I have heard that there is a gyro in it... Thank you for all of your help thus far!

No, the bypass still works, go back through your connections and make sure one of the wires did not pull away from the harness.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a new Pioneer Avic d3. It was proffessionally installed. The guy who installed it left the green wire out so I could ground it somewhere else. I did this but now it says "there is an improper connection to your parking break lead. The unit works after I hit O.k. I can watch DVD's and everything else works fine, and since I put a switch in between, I can flip the switch so it looks like the brake is on. But normally I just leave it on.

Any ideas why it says its improperly connected? Its obviously grounded because if it wasn't, when the switch is on ("parking break on"), everything works.

The only problem I'm having is that when I drive faster than 10km/h it says that I can't view the front end video while Driving.

I saw earlier in the feed to reset my unit and see if that works. But I don't know how to reset it. Do I just go in and press the Reset to factory settings.

Do I need to set up the green ground so that it doesn't say its grounded wrong. Is it possible to have it grounded so it "works" but isn't actually grounded good enough?

ANY help is very Appreciated.

G

Yeah It used to shut off after I would go 10km/h which is like 6mph. I think it just shuts off when it gets to 10 either kmph or mph. But anyways...

The Problem I was having with my video not playing when I drove over a certain speed, was due to the fact that I had not Done anything with the mute wire. I thought the guy who installed it changed it for me, but he lied.

IF YOUR VIDEO DOESN'T PLAY AFTER YOU GO A CERTAIN SPEED THE MUTE WIRE EITHER HASN'T BEEN MOVED TO THE NEW PIN SPOT, OR IT IS NOT GROUNDED PROPERLY.

Once you correct this problem it will work just fine.

G

trol1374,

The green wire (park brake) IS grounded properly. It makes no difference if the switch is on or off at start up.

Once I grounded and moved Pin holes on the mute wire, everything works fine!!!

I like having my park brake on a switch so that if I needed to, I could "prove" that the DVD won't play while I drive. If a cop pulled me over I could tell them they were seeing things. lol

G

Did this on Saturday and everything seems to work fine. Got the mute wire moved with no problem. Just for piece of mind's sake for me, I grounded the parking brake and mute wires together with the main ground for the D3, using the existing ground that's built into the wiring harness, and connected that to the factory harness. I know the ground is good because obviously the unit powers on, and I am not getting the parking brake warning, just wondering if anyone else has done their grounding this way or if they went straight to the chassis with the ground?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is going to sound stupid, but do i need to disconnect the battery before i try bypassing the system?

next question if i bypass the system will it take away the message that appears everytime i start up the car and switch to map mode?

another thing you said ground the mute wire and green parking brake, so do i need to find the other end of the wire and disconnect it from being hooked up to ground it?

soz for the easy questions but lol im stupid on this subject

• 2 weeks later...