AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

Carplay is not functional at all for me. I did the update, and when plugging the phone in nothing seems to have changed. I only have the same old options as far as HD Radio, or iPod function. No Carplay logo on my phone either when plugged in. What am I missing? is there a secret piece to enabling it?

Are you using USB1?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Your iPhone must be using ONLY a Lightning to USB cable plugged in to USB1 on the NEX.  Do not use a Digital AV Adapter (HDMI or VGA).  CarPlay ONLY supports USB1.

2) Under Smartphone Setup, you must have connection type set to USB.  CarPlay will not work if it is set to any other type.

3) CarPlay requires an iPhone 5 or higher, and iOS 7.1 or higher.

3) If you have verified steps 1-3, try a full reboot of your iPhone and turning off your car, and then turning it back on.

It's an iPhone 6Plus with 8.1 installed. As far as I know I'm connected to USB1, I texted my installer and he said he always plugs into USB1.

If you have exhausted the other steps, try reboot your phone... That has worked for several folks.

I also rebooted the phone the first time nothing was happening. I will try again when I leave work, was just kind of odd that nothing at all was registering/happening.

Carplay is not functional at all for me. I did the update, and when plugging the phone in nothing seems to have changed. I only have the same old options as far as HD Radio, or iPod function. No Carplay logo on my phone either when plugged in. What am I missing? is there a secret piece to enabling it?

You need to be using the USB1 port and you need to go into smartphone settings and set it for iPhone USB.

I don't like the album artwork in the background.  Apple should mirror the Apple TV display for music.

Hit the "Mode" button while playing and you will quickly and easily see the regular NEX iPod interface with all the artwork and all the id3 info you like.