AVIC411.com

From reading this post and several others I see this appears to be controlled by a file update. I've examined the contents of the Bluetooth upgrade disc. It appears a majority of the disc is just gzip deflated. Has anyone narrowed down what file(s) might control the lockout? I'd like to try to work it from this route if anyone has a good start.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm new to this but i put a z2 in a customers car and just used 3 relays and a switch to interupt the vss and ant. when he's watching a movie, if you don't mind losing your gps while watching a movie thats the easiest way to do it let me know what you guys think

i'm new to this but i put a z2 in a customers car and just used 3 relays and a switch to interupt the vss and ant. when he's watching a movie, if you don't mind losing your gps while watching a movie thats the easiest way to do it let me know what you guys think

That'll work until the Z2 has been installed in the car for a while. Give it a few hundred miles and your customer will be back saying that the 'bypass' you installed no longer works. Why you ask? Because the Z2 has three ways of determining if you're moving; the VSS wire, the satellites and it's internal gyros. You've taken care of the first two, but once the gyros get calibrated, it'll lock you out after a while.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of people use the video feature while driving on a long trip, which is also when a lot of people use the navigation feature, so its really not practical.

If it was a show car, all you had to do was ground the parking brake wire. I doubt he's gonna be driving around while he's showing it off. Like someone else said, this type of bypass is just not practical. If he wanted video while he drives, you would have been better off just looping the video output into the rearview camera input. Now he's gonna have to get a new GPS antenna when the real bypass is figured out...unless he wants to risk getting a weak signal. Just my two cents.

what are the advantages of hooking up the VSS wire? im not sure there really are any.

Try driving into a long tunnel during rush hour traffic. I was driving through the Holland tunnel, using a tom tom, and got slowed down/stopped inside the tunnel. The Tom Tom didn't know I had stopped and thought I was stll doing 40 or so. So the indicator made it into Manhattan way before I did (I think I was still on the Jersey side). I would assume that the AVIC would have still known exactly where I was).

what are the advantages of hooking up the VSS wire? im not sure there really are any.

Try driving into a long tunnel during rush hour traffic. I was driving through the Holland tunnel, using a tom tom, and got slowed down/stopped inside the tunnel. The Tom Tom didn't know I had stopped and thought I was stll doing 40 or so. So the indicator made it into Manhattan way before I did (I think I was still on the Jersey side). I would assume that the AVIC would have still known exactly where I was).

That really depends. The other side of the coin is that inertial sensors like gyroscopes drift over time. The inertial sensors in one of these units are going to be fairly cheap - a really good gyro costs upwards of $70k. So, what happens is the GPS portion is constantly calibrating the gyro, and correcting for its drift. The VSS measurement doesn't drift. In these circumstances, I would expect the AVIC would understand that the car slowed down. However, depending on how -long- you spent in the tunnel, it may have had the car start drifting to the right or to the left of your actual location.

One neat thing about having inertial sensor, and the VSS, and the parking brake is that they will make the GPS portion more accurate. To do a 3D fix, the GPS unit needs four satellites to calculate X, Y, Z, and Time. It is four equations and four unknowns. What typically happens is that the receiver can pick up 8 to 10 satellites. Doing this gives 8 to 10 equations and four unknowns by means of a least square fit. Doing this gives more accuracy to the solution because more information is fed to the problem. The same thing goes with inertial sensors. You might have 8 to 10 satellites plus two or three gyros plus a speed sensor. That could yield fourteen equations and four unknowns, yielding a solution with less noise and more accuracy.

What your Tom Tom receiver did was assume the same vector as it tried to re-aquire the satellites. It kept you going at the last known speed and direction. It probably should have stopped reporting an updated location after just a couple of seconds. It is hard to guess what the user wants to do in those situations.

We operate a shop/distributor in Florida and would like to make an offer to anyone whose been waiting on the AVIC-Z2 unit to come out in order to test it.

Any hackers/moders wishing to purchase an AVIC-Z2 unit we will give to them at 1650.00 shipped. We've tried and tried to bypass these units in our retail store with no luck so we're reaching out to the community and selling these units at our cost.

WE ARE AUTHORIZED PIONEER DEALERS so the unit will come with a full warranty (providing of course you dont void it).

I'm not sure if the moderators will allow this post, but if they do its an excellent deal for anyone whose been wishing to upgrade to a Z-2 and start playing with the bypass features.

Also, you CANNOT simply copy the harddrive from the Z2 to the Z1. They have a security feature built into it that require a check back pin number of some sort. This came directly from a personal friend of ours in Pioneers Technical Support, however even he wasn't aware of a BYPASS to date.

Contact us in PM if you wish to take this offer. We aren't trying to make money or sell merchandise here. We're trying to offer people a cheap deal and hopefully get this darn bypass licked completely!