AVIC411.com

Guys, on page 221 of the SM, it talks about changing the hdd flag status for shipping. Isn't this the same as changing the region code? It states it won't erase any hdd info. I wonder if it would work for the bypass. Has anyone tried this?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I caught that as well. My initial assumption was that this step was "locking" the hard drive - which is usually the step prior to units shipping. You might be right, region code might be set here as well - but it smells like locking of the drive. Further, it doesn't describe "unlocking" the drive.

Certainly requires some investigation. My trouble is that theres no detail provided behind what this means in the document. So there must be either supplemental documents, memo's, or circulars which would describe this and other "features".

Ok, I have been reading the hell out of the service manual today. I noticed that there is a log for the sensing of "Low Speed Vehicle". It stores that variable somewhere in a log file. It should have some thing along the lines of "NG xx" Where the "xx" is the speed in mph that trips the unit into lockout unless bypassed of course. So my thoughts are to find this file on the HDD and change the "xx" from whatever it is, to a higher number like "99". If someone with a HDD image can look through files, open them up in notepad and do a search for "NG" minus the qoutes and then change the file and then test it, that would be great. I don't have access to my radio at this time. I would imagine that the log file would be pretty small. So I wouldn't worry about anything over 500K. This file may not be a .txt file but attempt to open it in notepad anyways.Or if someone would be so kind to send me a PM with a link to the files, I would be glad to search myself.

WinRAR from RARlabs is the best archiving tool ever!

It allows you to control pretty much all known archive types.

When you install the WinRAR, right-click on the first file and it will extract the manual from all files and merge it together for you ;)

Something is REALLY odd happening here...

Last night my Z2 wouldn't boot. It was just sitting at the Pioneer boot screen and that's it... I read somewhere on this site that if you reset it multiple times it might work... well, it didn't but that's besides a point...

This morning it started working and it was bypassed!!! How I have no idea... I didn't do anything to it! I'm not sure about the DVD capability, but I was racing to work (100+) and I was able to navigate through all menus, do an address search and so forth...

This is weird...

P.S. Last night I got in to a Service Menu and was doing a HDD Read Test (which failed with the following message:

Read address: 00002469h

Result: NG [Error Code = 00000017h])

dimaj

It should have some thing along the lines of "NG xx" Where the "xx" is the speed in mph that trips the unit into lockout unless bypassed of course.

dimaj,

Do you think your NG error might have something to do with this other "NG."

What a coincidence!

dwhitley0381: No go on that - for heck of it, I tried and no go. LOL, in process I accidentally grounded my vehicle ILL lead, blowing a fuse. Drove home Mothers Day night with no lights on dash.

dimaj: Keep us posted on your future findings with this. Who knows. In reading svc man I was of impression NG = "No Good", versus G for "Good". Think on the unit Hardware / System Info screen it uses NOK versus OK... Further, the previously mentioned log file, I don't believe would be storing variables for system use. Log files are status outputs, not (in my experience) used for storing static reference data. Please advise ANY other options you may have executed under the system screens.

All-in-all, it's good that the svc guides got out to more here. I have no doubt someone here will stumble into, or find the solution to bypass once and for all. Unfortunately I am taking a brake from car this week as my wife is still somewhat peeved I spent all day Mothers Day messing with it :( (can't imagine why :? )

BTW, reference from page 201 of service manual regarding "NG":

"OK" is displayed for about 2 seconds when it is successful and "NG" when it fails, and the system returns to the touch panel test mode menu.

So even more confident NG = No Good....

Hey guys,

When I got my unit installed, I kept on getting this annoying message about incorrect parking break connection (or something along those lines). Then I don't have the illumination connected (or at least i think so, because i don't have the day/night mode)

According to some of the posts i've been reading this all could relate to the bypass. If installers grounded illumination wire and grounded E-Brake, maybe after a few resets system went crazy and unlocked its full potential... just a stupid thought :)

But i just checked and everything works, including DVD playback during car movements...

I will keep you posted if something changes.

as far as images go, I will need to save up some $$$, get my HDD unlocked and then follow ducatiboy's procedure of removing my personal data from it. Once I'll do that, I will gladly share my image.

dimaj

Something is REALLY odd happening here...

Last night my Z2 wouldn't boot. It was just sitting at the Pioneer boot screen and that's it... I read somewhere on this site that if you reset it multiple times it might work... well, it didn't but that's besides a point...

This morning it started working and it was bypassed!!! How I have no idea... I didn't do anything to it! I'm not sure about the DVD capability, but I was racing to work (100+) and I was able to navigate through all menus, do an address search and so forth...

This is weird...

P.S. Last night I got in to a Service Menu and was doing a HDD Read Test (which failed with the following message:

Read address: 00002469h

Result: NG [Error Code = 00000017h])

dimaj

Could you post up the instructions on how to get into this menu you got into?