AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

I finally got it to work.

First try, using windows burning software, no worky

second try, using CDBurnerXPpro, no worky

tried a couple of different variations in that program, no worky

tried to re-download Nero to start the free trial over again, they are smarter than I, so no worky.

finally, I downloaded the free trial of Alcohol120%, and first burn, I drop in the disk, and the upload starts.

now I just gotta find an excuse to take a long lunch so I can play.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a wire in the harness of the z2 that needs to be grounded or do I have to pull one out from another location??

You have to add one AND you have to ground an existing one. The one you need to ground is in the power supply bundle and it is a very light green color.

Ok! Stupid question... well like they say there are no stupid questions only stupid people. :-)

First Thank you to everyone that has made this possible. Now to my stupid question. I am not able to download the file. I go to the link to megaupload and it shows the file on the bottom but no where to download it. Do I have to register for the site first?

Ok! Stupid question... well like they say there are no stupid questions only stupid people. :-)

First Thank you to everyone that has made this possible. Now to my stupid question. I am not able to download the file. I go to the link to megaupload and it shows the file on the bottom but no where to download it. Do I have to register for the site first?

Near the top, you ahve to type in the generated passcode and press download.

Then "please wait XX seconds" and press the button.

A bit confusing Indeed...your not the only one...took me a second also

Hey chane,

Like that photo!

Driving down a highway, at night, watching a movie, while taking a picture,,, Pioneer puts the security on their dvd/nav units for people like you!!

Atleast you were only driving 40mph.

```````````````````````````````````````

Hyperite,

On a more serious note, should I be concerned with this update being applied if my Z2 ever needs to go to Pioneer for service? Obviously the harness stays in the truck in this type of situation, so who knows if the 2/wire bypass was applied or not ;) but will that particular file from the update stick out like a sore thumb to a Pioneer tech?? Perhaps there is a way to reverse the update if a unit needs service?? Thanks in advance

Justin

pioneer made this update so don't worry ur ok :D

Hey chane,

Like that photo!

Driving down a highway, at night, watching a movie, while taking a picture,,, Pioneer puts the security on their dvd/nav units for people like you!!

Atleast you were only driving 40mph.

```````````````````````````````````````

Hyperite,

On a more serious note, should I be concerned with this update being applied if my Z2 ever needs to go to Pioneer for service? Obviously the harness stays in the truck in this type of situation, so who knows if the 2/wire bypass was applied or not ;) but will that particular file from the update stick out like a sore thumb to a Pioneer tech?? Perhaps there is a way to reverse the update if a unit needs service?? Thanks in advance

Justin

Just wanted to chime in here and also give a big thanks to everyone involved in making this happen. I just about pulled the Z2 out of my truck to replace it with another unit.

Paypal donation has been made (Transaction ID: 1AW82963YA0506522)

Question. I have nothing in connector 2 slot? nor do I have a connector so how would I do the 2 wire bypass? All that is hooked up is the power supply, antenna, GPS antenna, and sirius.

Any help is appreciated! I'm anxious!

You will need that plug to perform the by-pass. Did you have the Z2 installed by a shop? If so, it sounds like they did not give you the plug. I would go to them and ask for it.

You will need the specific Pioneer plug. Check the box if they gave it to you. Or you can buy another from them http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com

I know I have to do the bypass. I see the connector SLOT, but yes, I do not have the plug. I have the harness and thats it. Can I go to discount auto to get a plug? And then I can do the bypass correct?

I did the installation myself, a 2003 Jetta.