AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally the time has come.. i cant wait to try it out...

jus one question. i hope its not a stupid one but itz my first navi unit.. If i bypass my z2 with the wires in the back does that void my warranty????

I seriously doubt it. If you have to send your unit in for repairs, you're just sending the unit, not the wiring. As long as you were the one removing it, not a stereo shop, no one would know the difference.

i did the update, reset my unit and everything worked great. no more parking break message and i could use all the functions. about a day later the parking break message came up and it doesnt work. if i reset the unit it will work again for a little then the same thing. has anyone else had this problem? does this mean my bypass isnt hooked up properly?

thanks

I recently installed a Z2, it works great!!! I followed the simple ass instructions - and after a 'low level' reset - actually tried several times - it doesn't seem to make any change - the unit still senses if the pking break is on or off. The hack sounds great and I'll def. be donating!! I'm assuming this overrides any other settings or sensors in the unit - but if the pking break was actually hooked up should I disconnect after applying this to make it work? This was a stock unit, brand new, no mods, so is there anything else that might cause this to fully complete the update process and still not work? When i put the CD in it says 'update already applied' (or something like that), so I can safely assume that the update was loaded and is active?

Thanks!!

John

i did the update, reset my unit and everything worked great. no more parking break message and i could use all the functions. about a day later the parking break message came up and it doesnt work. if i reset the unit it will work again for a little then the same thing. has anyone else had this problem? does this mean my bypass isnt hooked up properly?

thanks

Ok, you said you did the update and you reset your unit. First, is your unit a z2? Second, did you do the two wire bypass as well? If you did the two wire bypass yourself, did you make 100% sure that the wire you moved AND the connector were BOTH seated firmly and securely? That would be where I would look. The ONLY reason this bypass shouldnt work is if the ground is not applied. The software itself, if burned correctly, works perfectly.

I recently installed a Z2, it works great!!! I followed the simple ass instructions - and after a 'low level' reset - actually tried several times - it doesn't seem to make any change - the unit still senses if the pking break is on or off. The hack sounds great and I'll def. be donating!! I'm assuming this overrides any other settings or sensors in the unit - but if the pking break was actually hooked up should I disconnect after applying this to make it work? This was a stock unit, brand new, no mods, so is there anything else that might cause this to fully complete the update process and still not work? When i put the CD in it says 'update already applied' (or something like that), so I can safely assume that the update was loaded and is active?

Thanks!!

John

You sound just like the guy above you. Did you do the two wire bypass as well? The software itself will NOT bypass the unit. You HAVE to have the two wire bypass done in conjunction with the software.

After I read all 11 pages I began to realize that is the case - sorry about not grasping that sooner :(, but thanks for pointing that out - headin to the garage now...

Thanks!!

John

You sound just like the guy above you. Did you do the two wire bypass as well? The software itself will NOT bypass the unit. You HAVE to have the two wire bypass done in conjunction with the software.

finally the time has come.. i cant wait to try it out...

jus one question. i hope its not a stupid one but itz my first navi unit.. If i bypass my z2 with the wires in the back does that void my warranty????

I seriously doubt it. If you have to send your unit in for repairs, you're just sending the unit, not the wiring. As long as you were the one removing it, not a stereo shop, no one would know the difference.

Nope. It shouldnt. Unlike the N series, which required you to remove a sticker, which in turned voided the warranty, the Z/D series only require you to ground a couple of external wires so your unit should still maintain the warranty.

thanks

Ok, you said you did the update and you reset your unit. First, is your unit a z2? Second, did you do the two wire bypass as well? If you did the two wire bypass yourself, did you make 100% sure that the wire you moved AND the connector were BOTH seated firmly and securely? That would be where I would look. The ONLY reason this bypass shouldnt work is if the ground is not applied. The software itself, if burned correctly, works perfectly.

The thing that puzzles me is that whenever it goes out i reset the unit and then it is bypassed again for a while. would this just be a loose wire?

thanks

The thing that puzzles me is that whenever it goes out i reset the unit and then it is bypassed again for a while. would this just be a loose wire?

I am thinking your unit may not have gotten the update correctly.

sometimes on a stock unit, it takes it a while to catch that the vehicle is moving and the parking break is set, thus giving the error.

try putting your update disk in again, and see what the unit says.

thanks

Most likely its not a loose wire, and you never did it right to begin with. If you do a reset, it automatically doesnt check for correct connections for a couple miles, maybe 300 or less I cant really remember. But a lot of people thoguht the original bypass worked because they resetted the unit and it worked fine for a couple miles, and then it stopped workiing and they got the warning.

After I read all 11 pages I began to realize that is the case - sorry about not grasping that sooner :(, but thanks for pointing that out - headin to the garage now...

Thanks!!

John

Np. Heres DB's page with the instructions for the two wire bypass: http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Also, just to kinda steer you in the right direction, you want to ground the LIGHT GREEN wire. Its really light, kind of a Hospital Green color.

Has anyone experienced a system rebooting on its own while driving?

Yesterday I ran the update and everything worked like a charm. Today my wife said the system rebooted itself while she was driving. She didn't touch it, it was on XM Radio at the time. Subsequently, there seems to be no impact since it still appears bypassed. So more a curiosity at this point, since it had never done that before the update.

Cheers