AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hyperite..You're the man.....So far on my Trip...I have log over 3,600 mile with the March date...and 2,000 mile with the June date with out any problems sofar... ( I have two unit..one with March date..and the other with June date the units that come with factory update already. :D:D:D:D:D

looks like i am first with this problem. but i would like to start off by saying thank you for making this possible

the issue i am having (and yes, i read all 20 pages to make sure some1 didnt already encounter this) is that i did this in a customers 2005 jeep grand cherokee. ever since then, his date and time displayed blank

now he calls me today and the radio doesnt know where he is. the map located him to the ocean. we manually change his location to where we were.. clock still didnt work but he didnt care. later same day he has same problem, he comes in, we reset the radio, drive the vehicle around so it calibrates the map and it works. he leaves again, and it puts him back out in the ocean!!

any suggestions as to why he keeps losing position and his clock/date doesnt work??

skep, since the clock and position is taken from the GPS antenna, my first guess is the GPS antenna is unplugged. Have the guy hit

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

And look at the GPS antenna signal line. How many sats does he have? What color are they (yellow or orange)? If he has no sats, maybe the GPS antenna is just unplugged.

I see someone mentioned that their Z1/Z2 unit "sticks" at the splash screen. Mine does this too. Usually, it's after you hit the reset. It seems if you set all your hardware up correctly like camera, ipod, bluetooth, rear video etc. and allow the unit to callibrate...eventually it stops hanging at least for now. Do you think I should try and return the unit now or wait to see if the problem resurfaces?