AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to give me more info to help.

It sounds like you did the 2 wire bypass, but it did not work. You then tried to update the firmware with the update disc... Does this sound close?

If so, see if the bypass is working. If not, press the reset button. If this does nto fix it, then check your bypass again because something is not connected properly.

• 4 weeks later...

hello, here is my situation. i burned a cd with the update image on it and inserted. the avic told me that it was already updated so i began the 2 wire bypass. since i do not have connector 2, i just inserted the end of the mute wire into the bottom right slot where its supposed to go, but without the connector. I then grounded the parking break wire and the mute wire to the ground wire that is coming from the vehicle. i did a reset also. i dont get a parking break message but the dvd and navigation still dont work.

so what did i do wrong?

connecting the mute wire to the unit without the connector?

or using the black wire from the vehicle as a ground for both wires?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!

hello, here is my situation. i burned a cd with the update image on it and inserted. the avic told me that it was already updated so i began the 2 wire bypass. since i do not have connector 2, i just inserted the end of the mute wire into the bottom right slot where its supposed to go, but without the connector. I then grounded the parking break wire and the mute wire to the ground wire that is coming from the vehicle. i did a reset also. i dont get a parking break message but the dvd and navigation still dont work.

so what did i do wrong?

connecting the mute wire to the unit without the connector?

or using the black wire from the vehicle as a ground for both wires?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!

You say that you do not have connector 2 - are you missing the RCA pigtail that plugs into the connector 2 slot? Did you originally have the unit professionally installed? If so, did they give the box back to you? Are there any spare parts in that box? Installers don't always attach all the pigtails etc if they are not actively in use. I think you'll need that connector for this to work properly; I can't see the mute wire staying in place otherwise. If you don't have the connector in the original box, or the installers didn't give anything back to you after the install, go to Pioneer's parts website and look up your unit. This is probably what you need: RCA Connector 2 pigtail.

Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...
Just in case anyone wants to know, I have bypassed my European HD3-II and my HD1BT just by grounding the green wire (2-wire bypass?). Looks like the European versions don´t need any advanced bypass.

Hi vaernes, After reading here for a couple of days now and getting used to the US spec Z1,Z2,Z3 etc it's nice to see someone talk about our euro Avic HD3's. 8)

I'm about to install my HD3, and i'm abit worried it's going to be outta date, I notice from your sig you have managed to upgrade you HD1 to a HD3 mk2 8) This is something I would like to do , As I don't think there are any european maps/upgrades availible here :(

Any info and help on upgrading the HD3 would be greatly appreciated, As I have just been told Pioneer UK would like £290 for an upgrade disk :shock::shock::shock:

btw, Can I just say, Hat off to all you here getting together and keeping your units heathy 8) wish there was a british one about so i knew things/programs/upgrades would work on my british unit...

I just want to add that my Pioneer Avic HD3-II and HD1BT units were bought from the UK, and they are the same for all of Europe.

Anything I have done, anyone can do. If you are uncomfortable with all the stuff you must do with the hard drive with regards to unlocking, disabling security etc., get help from a friend. It´s not more difficult than building a good old fashion stationary computer:) Most likely your friend will have most of the hardware needed to work with your drive.

I don´t recommend playing around with the original hard drive of your unit, in case anything happens. You don´t want your unit to become an expensive doorstop! When you have succesfully upgraded your unit, you may safely put the new image on your original drive.

It will not be a problem if your unit is a HD3.

I am sorry, I have been under the impression that there were no "HD3" package, but if you have it, then I now know better! A HD3 is the same as HD3BT only the latter was sold with the bluetooth unit included.

You are right about needing the European version of firmware/software/maps. Such an image is not available on this site for the moment. I am sorry if I wasn´t clear enough before. I did basically the same procedure as for US models, but I used an image of my own HD3-II.

The US versions and the European versions we have are:

US: Europe:

Avic Z1 Avic HD1 (BT)

Avic Z2 Avic HD3 (BT)

Avic Z3 Avic HD3-II also known as HD3 mk2

You cannot use US software on a European unit and vice versa.

The US hardware is the same for all US Avic Z models.

The European hardware is the same for all European Avic HD models.

What´s different between US and European models has been discussed several places on this forum, but in general it´s the radio part, the DVD region code and off course the maps that are different.