AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I do this to my drive I'd be willing to upgrade everyone's Z1 harddrive to a Z2 no problem. I don't have a lot of time but I'd be willing to do it for much less than the 200-250 upgrade is. I need to find out how fast I can accomplish one upgrade. Let me know if you're interested, I'd only accept paypal.

Also, can someone elaborate on the changes with this update? There is only a brief, vague description in the first post of this thread.

Also, can someone elaborate on the changes with this update? There is only a brief, vague description in the first post of this thread.

In one of the threads, someone posted a link to the Z2 update manual on Pioneer's website. It listed exactly what was updated with the Z1-Z2 conversion. I did a search but couldn't find it again. Maybe someone here can help find it and post the link.

I can recommend do net restore whole z2 image, but first two partitions into your old z1 drive. This will allow you to keep all your music and user settings.

Is this possible? I am thinking that the Z2 image contains special attributes in these 2 partitions that are different from the Z1. Can anyone confirm this?

I can recommend do net restore whole z2 image, but first two partitions into your old z1 drive. This will allow you to keep all your music and user settings.

Is this possible? I am thinking that the Z2 image contains special attributes in these 2 partitions that are different from the Z1. Can anyone confirm this?

Music & user data is universally stored between the Z1 and Z2. You can restore just the map and application partitions.