AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

Getting ready to process your Z1-Z2 upgrade step by step instructions but have a question about the TIB file size. I've uncompressed the 9 files 4 times already to make sure but my file size does not equal the 9.4GB you mention in your writeup.

In File Explorer w/ Details as my view choice the following is shown:

Z2Bypassed.tib 9.278,202 KB TIB File 7/31/2007 9:30PM

When I right mouse click properties on the uncompressed Z2Bypassed.tib file I show:

Size: 8.84 GB (9,500,878,848 bytes)

Size on Disk: 8.84 GB (9,500,880,896 bytes)

WinRAR shows (for any of the 9 files selected):

Z2Bypassed.part01.rar - RAR volume (number 1), unpacked size 9,500,878,848 bytes

BTW the first 8 files are noted to be 1,048,576,000 in size while the final 9th file is 686,857,644 in size. I believe these are correct from reading the various postings of these uploaded files.

Am I missing something? Never got any error messages or issues and all 4 times uncompressed the same. Not sure if I should proceed until hearing from you on this dilemma.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to write up these instructions and to all that created and uploaded the bypass files. You guys are great and very much appreciated.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well did Mike ever successfully do the Z1 - Z2 upgrade and deside to cell Hard Drives with the disk already setup?

I think that would be the only way for me...other then a KEY generator.

Duke

PS. Anyone working on either of the above? That would have a lower level of risk for the rest of us "average Joes".

I am at work right now so I don't have access to my uncompressed image at home...

Still I ran QuickPar using the .PAR files included with the Z2 Update file. If it comes back 100% perfect, then you got it. I would strongly recommend you run the check against the .RAR files before you uncompress and use that file.

Getting ready to process your Z1-Z2 upgrade step by step instructions but have a question about the TIB file size. I've uncompressed the 9 files 4 times already to make sure but my file size does not equal the 9.4GB you mention in your writeup.

In File Explorer w/ Details as my view choice the following is shown:

Z2Bypassed.tib 9.278,202 KB TIB File 7/31/2007 9:30PM

When I right mouse click properties on the uncompressed Z2Bypassed.tib file I show:

Size: 8.84 GB (9,500,878,848 bytes)

Size on Disk: 8.84 GB (9,500,880,896 bytes)

WinRAR shows (for any of the 9 files selected):

Z2Bypassed.part01.rar - RAR volume (number 1), unpacked size 9,500,878,848 bytes

BTW the first 8 files are noted to be 1,048,576,000 in size while the final 9th file is 686,857,644 in size. I believe these are correct from reading the various postings of these uploaded files.

Am I missing something? Never got any error messages or issues and all 4 times uncompressed the same. Not sure if I should proceed until hearing from you on this dilemma.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to write up these instructions and to all that created and uploaded the bypass files. You guys are great and very much appreciated.

The drive needs to be connected as master on the secondary IDE controller. Place a jumper on the drive according to the diagram to make it a master. Do not use cable select and do not have any other drives connected to this controller (i.e. CD/DVD drives included).

The drive needs to be connected on the primary IDE controller. If your primary drive is set to Cable Select (as with most OEM computers), connect the drive to the middle band on the ribbon cable (not the end). Place a jumper on the drive according to the diagram to make it a Slave.

holy crap, thats the exact opposite of what the instructions say...

i guess I'll give that a try right now....

UPDATE:

I just did what the above poster said, and the drive is now recognized in windows, and when I run HDD Unlock Wizard, it recognizes the drive, but then says that the drive is connected incorrectly because its connected as slave.

Now one question, if I switch this hard drive around and make it a master, and make my desktop hard drive a slave, will that work out fine with no problems?

ok, so i just did what I said in my post above, and it didn't work.

HDD Unlock Wizard said that I have something else connected to the same IDE cable

I know that I'm connecting everything correctly on the secondary ide channel, but for some reason its still not workin, I'm gonna give it one last try by switching around the ide cables and see what happens.